“Great Location, Beautiful Design, Wonderful Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Makati

You added Fairmont Makati to your Saves list
Fairmont Makati
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Raffles Drive, Makati Avenue | Corner Arnaiz Street, Makati, Luzon, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 72 Hotels in Makati
Casa Grand, AZ
“Great Location, Beautiful Design, Wonderful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This hotel lives up to the Fairmont standard. It is a newer, beautifully designed hotel in the heart of Makati. The staff is extremely courteous and helpful. The rooms are very well appointed and comfortable. The in-hotel dining is very good, but the hotel is also located immediately across from the Greenbelt Mall, which has many more dining options of all varieties.

I stayed at the hotel as category 2 Typhoon (Hurricane) Ramussen came through Manila. I was expecting the worst, but the hotel was very well prepared. Their emergency generators kicked in early and the hotel is so well built I couldn't even hear the 100+ mph winds the other side of my room's windows. We still had lights, air conditioning, and even Internet though the storm did disrupt phone service. It was surreal watching a hurricane raging outside while sitting in air conditioned comfort, but it is a testament to the quality of the hotel and its preparedness.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear casagtraveler,

It's wonderful to hear from you.

The safety and security of our guests will always be of utmost importance to us, which is why I'm glad we were able to make you feel safe during your stay with us.

I'm also delighted to learn you had a comfortable stay with us despite the challenges brought about by the storm. It was our pleasure to be of service to you.

Please do keep us in mind on your next business trip to Manila.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Las Vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

First let me say, the people who work at this hotel are great, courteous, friendly and quickly learn your name and even habits. But that is where things stop being great. When I arrived, there was fruit in my room, an orange, apple and mango, the mango and orange were already well past fresh. The fruit was never changed, despite my asking for it to be replaced. By the time I left 7 days later the Mango was completely black and the orange was moldy. I am sure this fruit was left from the previous guest and may well have been left in the room for the next guest. Then there is the buffet, it is not great but servicable, but not for the price. almost $40 for breakfast and almost $60 for lunch??? Really, prepared food is very inexpensive in the Philippines, why is it so different here?? Go to the Green Belt shopping mall right next door and have a beeter meal for about $10. I will most likely be making my future stays back at the Makati ShangriLa hotel as I have in the past.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Gary H,

I appreciate hearing from you and wish to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Feedback from our guests is the most valuable advice we can receive. It helps us recognize our strengths and areas of challenges, which then allows us to make appropriate adjustments as needed.

After completing a thorough investigation with my team, I can confirm with you that the fruits set up in your room were not taken from a previous guest. We do take your feedback with utmost importance which is why we have reinforced the systematic quality-check procedure and replenishment of our welcome amenities.

Your business is much appreciated and hopefully, you can give us another opportunity to serve you and reverse your opinion to a positive one that befits the standards of Fairmont Makati.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a relatively new hotel which is on the same site as Raffles Hotel and some of the facilities are shared eg the spa. It is conveniently located 5 mins walk from Greenbelt shopping centre in Makati which is handy for shopping and eating and drinking. The whole of the hotel is stylishly designed and the rooms are very large and modern. The spa is luxurious and for a city hotel the pool area is quite large and again nicely designed. But what really sets this hotel in a class of its own is the staff. They are so welcoming, friendly and polite - nothing is too much trouble. You are welcomed by smiles everywhere! Absolutely impeccable service.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear KL_Sue,

Your review was a joy to read.

While I'm delighted to learn that you enjoyed our guest rooms, spa and other facilities, I'm happy that is was because of the service, friendliness and professionalism of our hotel colleagues that made your stay with us wonderful.

Thank you for taking the time to recognize our team. It always gives us great pleasure to provide memorable stay experiences for our guests.

I hope that you would stay with us again on your next travel to Manila.

Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Great location, outstanding service but too corporate that would be the only minus of the review.
If you are looking for a place to stay right at the heart of the city within walking distance to major dining spots, i would highly recommend this hotel.

Dear StephanHHongKong,

Thank you for highly recommending Fairmont Makati to those who wish to stay in the city. It was a pleasure to have you with us.

If there's any way we can make your stay with us more leisurely, please do not hesitate to touch base with our Concierge team. While our hotel has recreational facilities you can enjoy, such as our swimming pool and spa, we would be more than happy to make your stay extra memorable by recommending local attractions that will give you a well-deserved break from your business trip.

Please do keep us in mind on your next visit. We would be delighted to welcome you back.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

as at the time of writing this review, Fairmont is ranked number 2 hotel In Makati. Must say, I think it is on the way to number 1. Great hotel, great service and excellent location being so close to all major amenities.

Rooms were large, well equipped and very clean

A few gripes....

the lighting and aircon is controlled by a unit next to your bed side table. there is a button called "master". I thought this would turn off all lights... which it does.... but it also turns off all power to bed side table. I learnt the hard way when I woke up 2 mornings in a row with a dead phone that didnt charge.

While greenbelt is opposite the hotel, they make you walk all the way around the hotel to get to the street. Not a big deal, I admit, but a short cut through the hotel onto Makati ave would have been good.

Dear Kas_f74,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback.

I'm happy to inform you that by the time you posted your valuable review, our ranking catapulted to #1! Thank you for your kind support and patronage, we're very appreciative of your graciousness.

Thank you once again for sharing with us how much you enjoyed your stay at Fairmont Makati. We look forward to your return.

Scottsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We booked 5 rooms for our extended family and everyone enjoyed their stay. I also booked 3 rooms at the Raffles thinking it is the one and same hotel as the Fairmont. Apparently they share the same address but is managed differently. Just to let people know the Raffles and the Fairmont is interconnected, the only way to know is the transition in the flooring that you are on the other side. Apparently they share the same restaurant "The spectrum" ,people at the Fairmont is given a 20% discount for brunch. The front desk is different for the both sides. never seen this set-up before but all my family had a wonderful time in both hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Maria N,

It's a pleasure to be of service to you and your family. I wish to thank you for booking your stay with us.

I'm glad that you had a taste of both the Fairmont and Raffles during your visit. Please do keep us in mind on your next family vacation. We would be delighted to welcome all of you back.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

There can be no better place to stay in Manila. Well I used to say that about the Shang, but this new hotel has raised the bar. Whilst the Shang sleeps on its laurels, and decaying infrastructure, the Fairmont has it nailed in terms of luxury hotels. Rooms are, well, roomy, gym is huge and the Lounge is well worth the extra cost.

But the biggest thing that you will appreciate is the service. Simply impeccable. We were made to feel at home and nothing was too much trouble, including a cup of tea at midniht as we arrived on an evening flight.

We were sorry to say goodbye after such a pleasant stay!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms!