“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Makati

You added Fairmont Makati to your Saves list
Fairmont Makati
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Raffles Drive, Makati Avenue | Corner Arnaiz Street, Makati, Luzon, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
15% - 20% off Room Rates
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Makati
Islamabad Capital Territory, Pakistan
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Excellent Stay, very helpful and courteous staff, fantastic food and overall hospitality, located at the heart of the city, short drive from the airport, strongly recommended for new Manila visitors......

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Saqib Q,

Thank you for recommending Fairmont Makati to guests visiting Manila. Your commendation is valued and highly appreciated.

I'm delighted that your overall stay with us was excellent. We would be happy to be of service to you on your furutre travels to the Philippines. I hope you'll keep us in mind.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Arabic first
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Hotel personnel are professional and extremely accommodating. Check-in was conducted in my reserved room which was a welcome surprise as we arrived late to the hotel. Hotel ammonites are plentiful and first class. Ate breakfast and the spread was generous and healthy. My stay was overnight only, but it was memorable. Pricey but worth it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear R C,

It was a pleasure to have you with us. I do hope that on your next visit, you will be staying longer so we would be able to provide you the full extent of our services and facilities.

I'm glad that you had a comfortable check-in process and find our amenities first class. Thank you for you feedback on our breakfast offerings. I will make sure that your positive comments are shared with our culinary team.

I also wish to thank ou for taking the time to commend the professionalism and friendliness of our hotel colleagues. That's very kind of you.

Please do keep us in mind on your next travel to Manila.

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The Fairmont Hotel in Makati is a top class hotel. The hotel staff are clearly all highly trained and very professional; on a par with the best of the other great hotels. The hotel is spacious and oozes luxury, and this is reflected in the clientele who appear to reflect those traits. It is very clean, very modern and very well fitted out. The gym is perhaps the best I've seen in any hotel.

Location is excellent, being right across from Greenbelt (Restaurants) and Glorietta (Shopping). If you're on business in Makati, then you're well positioned too.

I was less keen on the breakfast facilities. I was there over a weekend when families comprise a greater proportion of the guests. The buffet was cramped and at times it felt like I was caught up in one of the shopping malls that surrounds the hotel. On one morning I gave up ordering eggs, and then had to dodge and weave my way back to my table. Perhaps If I had gone for breakfast earlier it would have been better?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear bagaglio,

I'm glad to learn that your overall stay experience with us was excellent.

Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful feedback and gracious commendations. I'm happy to learn that we were able to provide you a luxurious and top class experience. To be considered as one of the great hotels, especially since we're still very young in the hospitality scene, is an honor. Thank you!

I have taken note of the challenges you experienced with breakfast. I'm sorry to hear that it wasn't as comfortable and serene as expected. On your dining experience, please do not hesitate to approach any of our colleagues to place an order for your eggs. They would be more than happy to take care of it and bring your order to your table so you can avoid the queue.

Thank you once again for your kind feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Normally when I stay at a five star hotel, I get a friendly greeting here and there, a generally helpful staff, and a comfortable and clean property. Fairmont Makati takes it to the next level. The amount of friendly smiles I received by the end of my 4 night stay is enough to make even a grown man blush. Let's go into some detail on what makes this property absolutely deserving of the exceptional reviews it receives.

Rooms: Immaculately clean and aesthetically pleasing, the immediate feeling you get when walking into your room is one of relaxation and assurance that you'll be able to enjoy a night of good rest. Upon further examination, what you'll find is a platter on the small table next to the desk, and on that platter are what looks to be two raw baked potatoes and a set of silverware. Do not be alarmed, as it is not some practical joke from the staff, but rather these are a type of local fruit to be enjoyed (or not) at your leisure. As for the rest of the room, you'll find the bed and bathroom to be more than satisfactory.

Location: Situated right next to the Greenbelt, which is a huge complex of shopping, restaurants, and bars, you'll have a wide range of choices when it comes to food. In fact, you'll easily find your typical American chains, but why not be a bit more adventurous and try some other cuisines. The area is extremely safe since there seems to be a police officer on every corner. The hotel itself is like a fortress because there's only one entrance and it is guarded 24/7.

Restaurants/Bars: The property is actually connected to the Raffles hotel (in fact, they're in the same physical building), and thus there are a number of bars and restaurants you can visit without exiting the main doors. The drinks and food at the Long Bar in the Raffles side of the hotel is my favorite.They will make practically any cocktail you can imagine, and the food is highly recommended. You can also chill in the lobby lounge with a similarly wide range of cocktail options, and there's also a more formal restaurant serving both a buffet menu and a la carte.

Service: Exceptional. Literally every staff member I came across would smile and greet you no matter the time of day, and they will be glad to help with any requests you have.

Additional Info: You can arrange transportation to/from the airport directly with the hotel, which is certainly the most convenient way. The pricing is not bad at all and I highly recommend it to save you some hassle.

The Fairmont Makati will certainly be my hotel of choice for future visits to Manila.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear gte371z,

I appreciate hearing from you and wish to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We're very thankful for your generous commendations and are extremely delighted that we were able to provide you a memorable and wonderful stay experience.

Thank you for describing in detail the amenities, facilities, dining outlets and service you enjoyed most during your stay. I'm glad to learn that one of your favorites would be the hospitality of our hotel colleagues. I'm happy that they made you feel comfortable and taken care of.

It is a privilege and a great honor to already be considered as your hotel of choice especially since we're quite new in the scene. We’ll do our very best to continue to give you the kind of service you deserve on your next visits.

Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Very accomodating and lovely service. i enjoyed my stay, very attentive staff.
Clean rooms... very fast check in and check out processing.
good valet service. perfect place to stay while in the city...

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Kishore G,

It's a pleasure to have you with us. Thank you for choosing to stay at Fairmont Makati during your recent staycation with your family.

I wish to thank you for the kind words about the service provided by our hotel colleauges. I'm glad that their friendliness and attentiveness made your stay experience wonderful.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back on your next staycation in the city. Thank you once again for your positive feedback.

Taguig
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Our stay in Fairmont hotel was great. The hotel provided an excellent quality of service. The room is clean, spacious, and with the amenities we need. The hotel just need to add TV kids channel though.

Dear Jocelyn F,

I'm glad that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us. I'm happy to learn that it was the service of our hotel colleagues that made your experience with us memorable.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed our guest room and the amenities provided during your stay. I have taken note of your valuable recommendation to add more children-friendly channels in our cable TV listing. Thank you for your feedback!

Please do keep us in mind on your next staycation with your family. We would love to welcome all of you back again.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel is ranked by TripAdvisor is one of the best in Manila. It's certainly one of the best that I have ever stayed in: comparable to the Grand Hyatt in Taipei. We decided to get the hotel limousine from the airport as we were arriving at 10 o'clock at night. Expensive by Manila taxi standards but after 12 hours of airports and aeroplanes, worth every dollar.

The hotel itself typifies the level of excellence that the very best Asian hotels provide. The staff are extremely attentive. There is a man who gets into the lift with you and presses the button for your floor and then gets out. Staff at the breakfast buffet are deeply concerned when a guest is seen to be carrying something back to their table.

The rooms are large spacious and comfortable and when you consider that for around $A250 we had a luxurious room and a sumptuous breakfast every morning, this hotel represents fabulous value.

And the staff are so unvarying friendly and polite. One young man working in the restaurant had been up all night because his house had flooded (as it always did) during heavy rain overnight. He was bright cheerful and helpful as he always was, despite having effectively worked for 36 hours.

And that's the thing about the Fairmont and Makati generally. Makati is a small oasis of luxury in a vast sea of crippling poverty. As a wealthy tourist you can kid yourself that you're making a contribution to the economy.

The hotel is close to the Greenbelt which is one of the large manila shopping malls. If you're into shopping malls this is a great experience. Like the Florentine Gourmet who has also reviewed this hotel, we travelled to EDSA, a trip that normally takes around 35 minutes. On Friday night in Manila it's 2.75 hours. If you are travelling to Manila on business it may be worth considering making sure you have a hotel close to way to work.

Our stay at the Fairmont was excellent and if we were to return to Manila (highly unlikely) we will certainly stay there again

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Tim H,

You are too kind. Thank you for considering your recent stay with us as one of the best you've ever had.

I wish to sincerely thank you for taking the time to express how much you enjoyed the service and attentiveness of our hotel colleagues. It's quite inspiring to work with a team of hoteliers who are very dedicated and passionate with what they do. I'm glad that they made you feel comfortable and well-attended to throughout your stay.

Thank you for your gracious feedback on our rooms. I'm glad you find it spacious and luxurious. I'm also happy to learn that you enjoyed our breakfast offering and cosinder your whole stay experience as a great value for money.

While your return to Manila might take awhile, I'm glad that you are considering to stay with us again. We very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Hotel Manager

Been to Fairmont Makati? Share your experiences!