“Heavenly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Makati

Save Saved
You added Fairmont Makati to your Saves list
Fairmont Makati
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Raffles Drive, Makati Avenue | Corner Arnaiz Street, Makati, Luzon, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
20% Off Room Rate
Ranked #3 of 64 hotels in Makati
Los Angeles, California
“Heavenly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We've stayed at several Fairmont properties, but this one has the best service. It is a luxurious and soothing oasis in Manila. We had afternoon tea at Raffles (the two properties are connected), which was lovely. Thanks to Jhacklyn for her great tea recommendations and attentive service. The fitness center is really good, with huge windows and interesting views. I especially enjoyed the rowing machine--something I had always wanted to try--and the fitness trainer was patient and positive as he coached me on how to use the rowing machine effectively. Also, our housekeeper was awesome. On the first day, I noticed that one of our clocks had stopped. I left a note about it for the housekeeper, along with a request for extra bottles of water. When we returned to our room, the clock had been fixed, and the extra water bottles were waiting for us. Additionally, I was extremely happy to discover that the toiletries are not tested on animals and do not contain parabens. Finally, the room and bathroom were beautiful, comfortable, and well-designed.

A couple of very minor areas for improvement:

The sleeves of the bathrobes are way too long. (My husband joked that he felt like a wizard in them.) This was pretty easily solved by rolling the sleeves up several times.

The rainfall shower would dump water spontaneously into the shower 15 minutes after it had been turned off. This was not really a problem for us, but it was a little startling the first time it happened.

The music in the fitness room was kind of loud. In a time when everyone who is likely to be in the fitness room will be using their own iPod, it was slightly annoying to have to turn my iPod up to because I was competing with the music playing in the room. On the other hand, maybe this is just my American sensibilities; people in the Philippines seem to prefer their music to be very loud.

A tip for those who visit Makati: Do not miss Kultura (in the SM mall)! You can buy beautiful and uniquely Filipino gifts and souvenirs there--it's not the kind of stuff you find everywhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Christina,

I’m delighted to learn that you consider the guest service at Fairmont Makati as one of the best. We are truly humbled by this compliment and thankful as well. I’m happy that during your stay, our colleagues were able to attend to your needs and made you feel taken care of.

I’m glad that you were able to enjoy our facilities. On your next visit, may I recommend our Willow Stream Spa for a more relaxing stay experience?

I have noted your suggestions for improvement on the available sizes of our bathrobes, the shower facility and the music in the fitness center. Thank you for sharing your inputs with us. Rest assured that your feedback has been shared with the concerned departments for their consideration and action.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to welcome you and your husband back to Fairmont Makati in the not too distant future.

463 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

i haven't done a review in a while and i'm doing so now because i think Fairmont Hotel in makati deserves some praise. the staff are very attentive and polite, and they actually love their jobs! the smiles are genuine and patient. the rooms are of a nice size. the beds are one of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in outside our home. one of us is a chiropractor so for her to say the bed is very good, that means something. the breakfast selection was great, with everything from tandoor to dimsum to local and western dishes.

the spa was also very nice. the room was massive and it had a huge tub in the corner. the therapists are great, they make sure the treatment is to your liking.

it also doesn't hurt that greenbelt is just across the road. shopping and restaurants galore. will definitely go back to fairmont !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jessica,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Fairmont Makati. I understand that it’s been awhile since you’ve written a review and your wonderful stay experience at our hotel inspired you to write again.

I’m happy to learn that apart from our beds, it was our hotel colleagues that made your stay comfortable and memorable.

Thank you for your positive feedback on our breakfast offering at Spectrum, I’m glad you and your friends enjoyed the selection. Thank you as well for your commendation on Willow Stream Spa. Please feel free to visit and explore our other spa treatments. We welcome walk-in guests apart from our hotel guests.

Once again, thank you for your comments and I hope to welcome you back to Fairmont Makati in the not too distant future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We're not used to 5 star, so our stay was a special treat. The Fairmont hotel and staff are exceptional. Plus, very close to lots of shops and restaurants. We were really impressed by all it had to offer.

• Stayed June 2013
I’m glad to know that you had a wonderful stay experience at Fairmont Makati. On your next visit, I invite you to try our dining outlets and the rest of our recreational facilities.

I’m delighted to learn that my team was able to impress you during your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Checked in last fathers day together with my family....we totally enjoyed our stay for 2 nights....rates are easy on the pocket...plus service is awesome!!!!kudos to the staff of fairmont hotel!!!!looking forward to staying again in fairmont....

• Stayed June 2013
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for choosing to celebrate Father’s Day at Fairmont Makati. I’m glad that you and your family had an enjoyable two-night stay.

I wish to thank you for your generous commendation on the service our hotel colleagues provide.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I look forward to welcoming you and your entire family back soon.

Brussels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed here just a few days after the hotel opened. And it was an entirely positive experience. The room was spacious and very comfortable. Service was always charming.
The breakfast buffet is fantastic, with lots of Western and Asian choices. Everything is fresh. The first two days I had to wait very long to get my coffee though. On the second day my cup of coffee arrived when I had finished eating breakfast. I spoke to the manager about this. And from then on my coffee arrived promptly.
The location of the hotel is excellent, just opposite the Greenbelt Shopping Malls with its choice of restaurants and shops.
I warmly recommend staying here when in Manila.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Fairmont Makati. I’m glad to learn that your overall stay with us was positive and wonderful.

I wish to thank you for being understanding especially since we just opened at the time you stayed with us. We have refined our operations and I hope you can return to enjoy the improvements of our services.

Thank you for your great feedback on our breakfast. We have a new Executive Chef and he has added more to the breakfast buffet spread at Spectrum.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This rates on the top of my experience of staying in good properties around the world. Its a new hotel, centrally located (next to Ayala Square), excellent value for money but gives you an unforgettable feel. In layout, it’s similar to other Fairmont properties but what wins the deal for me is the service and care. The staff is amazing, very warm and well connected with the guests. The rooms are fine for a business hotel but food stands out. An excellent spread for the breakfast buffet. The swimming pool + bar and gym close a well-rounded deal for me. I have stayed here twice and look forward to my next trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for ranking Fairmont Makat at the top of your best hotel experiences. I’m glad that you had a wonderful stay with us.

I wish to thank you for your positive feedback on our hotel colleagues. I’m glad they were able to make you feel taken care of and important. Thank you as well for commending our breakfast buffet offering, I will share this with our chefs at Spectrum.

I’m also delighted to learn that you had the time to enjoy our swimming pool and fitness center. On your next return, please do try Willow Stream spa for a relaxing treatment.

Thank you once again and I hope to welcome you back to Fairmont Makati soon.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed at the Fairmont Hotel, Makati for two nights on June 13th &14th. We arrived very late on the first night as our flight was delayed so we didn't really see much of the Hotel. The staff on the front desk were a bit dim but very pleasant. We stayed in an executive room on the Club floor and were a little disappointed with the slightly dated decor (the Hotel is quite new I think) but it was very, very clean. However, the room was spacious, had a great bed, nicely appointed bathroom and all the usual amenities expected in a five star Hotel. We had breakfast in the Club Lounge the next morning and it was outstanding. The selection of food is limited but everything is really good; especially the made to order eggs. The staff in the Club Lounge were brilliant, especially Claudine. Later that night we had cocktails and canapes in the Club Lounge and were not disappointed; very nice touch having champagne. Whilst we were there we booked a half day tour of Manila through the Concierge (who's name I forget but he was great). The tour guide,
Neal, was excellent. The only thing I would say is that the tour should start earlier; we were stuck in rush hour traffic in heavy rain on the return leg and it was a bit annoying. The cocktails in the Lobby Lounge bar are sublime. The Hotel is in a great location, very clean, very safe and the staff are fabulous. Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Fairmont Makati. I’m glad to learn that you would stay with us once again on your next visit to Manila.

I wish to thank you for your feedback on our Fairmont Gold Lounge. I’m glad that you enjoyed the evening cocktails, the breakfast and the service of our Club Lounge colleagues. I will share with Claudine your wonderful commendation.

Thank you once again and I hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manager

Been to Fairmont Makati? Share your experiences!