The first week open reviews of this hotel were kind of scary, but I noticed the reviews improving, so I went ahead and booked with Holiday Inn to try it out for myself. Cleanliness is very important to me, and being a brand new hotel I figured this aspect should be covered nicely which it was. I stayed for 7 days, in the last week of April, so my review is based on a fairly thorough stay.
* check in was quick, less than 5 minutes. I checked in at 10 in the morning, so I was asked to pay an extra half day of room rate for an early check-in. They could have been a little more accomodating in price in this aspect. Taking into consideration I was staying for 7 days, so the amount for checking in a few hours early I thought was excessive, however after sitting on a plane for 22 hours my concern was to get a shower and lie down so I accepted that additional half day rate. The luggage arrived to our room within 5 minutes, nice and quick.
* Location is fantastic, hotel is very clean and safe, security guards at the front door 24/7 along with a sniffer dog, I felt safe nothing was coming in and out of the hotel. Friendly security, but also thoroughly scanning everyone every time they enter the front doors, I appreciated this secure service.
* there is a lot of mention on other reviews in regards to constant keycard problems, I stayed for 7 days and only experienced this problem on my first day, first try. The rest of our stay was fine.
* timeliness of Elevators or lifts as some people call them, was perfectly fine, I see a lot of complains up here but didnt experience this myself in regards to wait times. There are 3 elevators, however only 2 of them go all the way to the roof top patio. This I would say is the one major design flaw of the hotel, my girlfiend didnt understand why all the elevators didnt go to the roof top, either did I. There is a place for a forth elevator bank, but it looks like that bank will never be installed as it is framed in with trim and drywall/painted, done deal, 3 elevator banks, only 2 will go all the way to the roof top.
* there is mention the pool area on the top is busy, I never saw more than 6 people in total up there, perfectly quiet to me with lots of nice relaxing places to sit and lounge, the view is great too, however drinks are pricey.
* Room service is also pricey, we only did this on the first day when we first got there. (there was mention in earlier reviews there was no menu in the room, ours had a room service menu) By the second day we learned if you want a quick bite, just head downstairs to go to the Glorietta Mall that has a ton of resto's with very fair prices, we loved that Max's place, great chicken.
* Breakfast buffet, fantastic, I was shocked to see reviews complaining about selection,.. they had EVERYTHING I would ever imagine to be served for breakfast, and also many foods that I would consider lunch or dinner items. The quality of the food was outstanding and the selection was vast, they had too many things to even list here, my girlfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed this buffet!
* Rooms, very clean, spacious and well laid out. Bathroom is good but only have a shower no bath tubs, which was fine for our purpose anyway. Beds were comfy, soft and hard pillows on the bed, both marked for easy identification. Clean and quiet, good sleeps were had.
* Service, everyone was very friendly, I presume it must be hotel policy to say "good morning sir", "good afternoon sir" and "good evening sir",.. I don't think I ever made it past a hotel employee that didn't greet me in some sort of fashion. Very friendly all the staff was, it was a nice at home feeling with all staff displaying a smile, no complaints with any of the staff everyone was great.
* our TV convertor stopped working, called down and I suggested maybe the battery in it died. They were very apologetic for the inconvience, and within 5 minutes there were 4 "engineers" at the door to replace the batteries, I had to chuckle sending 4 people, but they were fast and fixed it even faster, very good service.
* maids dont were shoes, something I had noticed during oru stay. I kind of like that, shows how clean the hallways as well as the rooms both really are.
* this hotel is very closely located to the top hotels of Makati, Ruffles, Shangri-la, Peninsula, so I felt like I was getting a deal considering the area we were staying, and this is a newly opened hotel,. super clean and friendly, for half the price.
* I would recommened this hotel in a heartbeat.
Thanks to all the staff, our stay was very nice, thank you.
~ the blondy Canadian
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Makati Metro Manila
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the warmth of the Filipino hospitality as you check-in at the Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, Metro Manila's newest international hotel which is situated at the heart of Ayala Center in the Central Business District of Makati City. The hotel is approximately 30 minutes away from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, a 10-minute ride to nearby Bonifacio Global City & a short walk to the Makati Philippine Stock Exchange. It has direct access to Glorietta Mall, Ayala Centers world-class hub for shopping, dining and entertainment.Be delighted with our genuine service when you stay in any of our 348 guest rooms which are all fully equipped with coffee & tea making facilities, high-definition 40" LED TV, IDD/NDD telephone, mini-bar, work desk with high-speed Internet access and a multimedia panel. Moreover, Holiday Inn & Suites Makati offers excellent dining and entertainment through its smart casual all day dining, a hip and happening bar and a sky lounge. For guests’ business needs, other facilities include meeting & function rooms, a boardroom, a business center, and an executive lounge. Have a relaxing time and soak up the sun by the hotel's roof deck swimming pool overlooking the cityscape.Experience the warmth, wealth and wonders of the Philippines with our close proximity to local cultural attractions. Relax and feel at home in a family friendly environment where Kids Stay Free, Kids Eat Free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Makati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.