“Nice budget hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tune Hotel Makati

You added Tune Hotel Makati to your Saves list
Tune Hotel Makati
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   E. Mercado Cor. F. Calderon Sts., Makati Corner Kalayaan Ave, Makati, Luzon 1210, Philippines   |
Ranked #25 of 67 Hotels in Makati
“Nice budget hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

If you're going to stay for a few nights and spending lots of your time outdoors during the day, this'll work especially for the budget conscious. Check-in was swift. I was a little worried they might ask me for a printer copy of my reservation (which some hotels still do in this great age of technology) but all they ask if the confirmation number/email which I have on my phone. The room is small and I wouldn't suggest it for claustrophobic folks out there but it was clean. If you have big luggage, it could get crowded. They do offer luggage storage for a fee.. Also, when I booked my room online, I had to choose a package - which includes towels and toiletries - yep, they're not included in your room package and comes with a fee. If you request for cable tv, it comes with additional charge as well.. weird and irritating but at least the air condition works just fine. Don't get taxi from the hotel. I find it expensive, you can get a metered taxi easily a few blocks from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Shanghai, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I spent 2 nights in this hotel,and it was literally a nightmare!Manila was hit by a Typhoon at the first night we arrived there. Because of the broken air-con facilities of our room,the floor was covered by rainwater at the midnight,almost ruined my passport! The room was so tiny that you couldn't even open the luggage case. I could only give good comments to the restaurant at the ground floor of this building.

Room Tip: Don't choose the room around the corner!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
frederick s, Manager at Tune Hotel Makati, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Ms. Hao S,

Greetings from Tune Hotel Makati and thanks for taking the time to post your 3rd hotel review on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate that you have given us a very good rating on cleanliness and on our service. We also thank you for the good comments that you have given to our restaurant.

With regard to the rainwater that went inside your room through the AC, we sincerely apologize for this. The AC is not broken but we have made improvement in the positioning of our AC units to prevent rainwater access into the room.

I do hope we get the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Best Regards,

Frederick Santos
Hotel Manager
Tune Hotel Makati
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Okay people, if you're on a tight budget this hotel will do. Located near Makati Avenue where there are lots of restaurants to choose from. So if you're looking for a cheap stay and decently comfortable room choose Tune Hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Yokosuka, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This hotel is one of the cheapest in the area. Quality is descent. If you do not mind small space and just need a place to recharge and relax, look no further. I stayed at one of the higher floors and was extremely surprised at the (high) water pressure in the shower.

Bottom line: Best if travelling alone with light/small luggage.

Savusavu, Fiji
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Located right in downtown Makati this hotel is part of a very good, no frills, chain. I only spent one night as I arrived in Manila late in the day and had business nearby early the next morning. The rooms are tiny. I stayed with another traveller and we barely had room to store our luggage. Despite that I was very happy with all other aspects of the hotel. I would definitely stay at this hotel or another in the Tune chain of hotels in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed for 26 nights here, so I reckon I should write a review. Of course my opinion is coloured by the fact that I found a deal on Expedia for 430php per night including A/C/Towels/Wifi I assume was a one time thing so don't expect to see that price usually. You should know going in the rooms are tiny, but this is not really an issue if you know this. Pros - Location is great, near Century City Mall, A Venue Mall and P Burgos (which can be a pro or a con, depending if you like pros, if you get my drift). Cleanliness - the room was cleaned every day when I needed it, although I did seem to notice the same sheets once like they hadn't changed them. But overall it was great - when I really messed up the room one night, it was nice and clean the next day. Wifi - In my first room on the 10th floor, it was fast. But then due to construction noise I moved to the 7th floor and the wifi stopped working in that area (in two different rooms). As I had 4G on my Smart LTE SIM in my smartphone, I just used that instead, as Tune Hotel doesn't let you download torrents anyway. Noise - They are still finishing a large building on Makati ave so there is some noise from that, I then moved to 718 and actually heard a rooster, which I found hard to believe in Makati, but yes, there is a rooster somewhere nearby in the barangay. Finally room 716 in the corner was nice and quiet, of course no wifi as stated before but fine for me. Finally, on my last night, this HUGE cockroach like something out of a movie crawled from the bathroom at around 1am. Luckily I had the lights on and was awake otherwise I had to imagine where it would have ended up. I got the guy to come and it took a while to find where he went but we got him - I was close to having to move rooms. After 25 night s with barely a mosquito I was very surprised. Overall, everyone is friendly, I got extra pillows for my whole stay for a small charge, and for about 1500 pesos or under it represents one of the best options in Manila. The chicken greek salad full portion at Insiders Sports bar is the shizzle.

Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Ok, for the price it is good value. Comfortable bed etc. Unfortunately the shower door was missing, so the water did leak out making the bathroom uncomfortable.
One suggestion for Tune is to give better quality towels. Maybe charge more if needed. The towels were really cheap and once used they stay wet for a long time. And in a small room, make things damp.
Overall friendly staff in the hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Tune Hotel Makati? Share your experiences!