“This'll do if you're a budgetarian...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Planet Makati

You added Red Planet Makati to your Saves list
Red Planet Makati
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   E. Mercado Cor. F. Calderon Sts., Makati Corner Kalayaan Ave, Makati, Luzon 1210, Philippines (Formerly Tune Hotel Makati)   |
Special Price
Red Hot Deals - 10% Off!
Ranked #27 of 74 Hotels in Makati
Makati, Philippines
“This'll do if you're a budgetarian...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Okay people, if you're on a tight budget this hotel will do. Located near Makati Avenue where there are lots of restaurants to choose from. So if you're looking for a cheap stay and decently comfortable room choose Tune Hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Yokosuka, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This hotel is one of the cheapest in the area. Quality is descent. If you do not mind small space and just need a place to recharge and relax, look no further. I stayed at one of the higher floors and was extremely surprised at the (high) water pressure in the shower.

Bottom line: Best if travelling alone with light/small luggage.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Savusavu, Fiji
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Located right in downtown Makati this hotel is part of a very good, no frills, chain. I only spent one night as I arrived in Manila late in the day and had business nearby early the next morning. The rooms are tiny. I stayed with another traveller and we barely had room to store our luggage. Despite that I was very happy with all other aspects of the hotel. I would definitely stay at this hotel or another in the Tune chain of hotels in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed for 26 nights here, so I reckon I should write a review. Of course my opinion is coloured by the fact that I found a deal on Expedia for 430php per night including A/C/Towels/Wifi I assume was a one time thing so don't expect to see that price usually. You should know going in the rooms are tiny, but this is not really an issue if you know this. Pros - Location is great, near Century City Mall, A Venue Mall and P Burgos (which can be a pro or a con, depending if you like pros, if you get my drift). Cleanliness - the room was cleaned every day when I needed it, although I did seem to notice the same sheets once like they hadn't changed them. But overall it was great - when I really messed up the room one night, it was nice and clean the next day. Wifi - In my first room on the 10th floor, it was fast. But then due to construction noise I moved to the 7th floor and the wifi stopped working in that area (in two different rooms). As I had 4G on my Smart LTE SIM in my smartphone, I just used that instead, as Tune Hotel doesn't let you download torrents anyway. Noise - They are still finishing a large building on Makati ave so there is some noise from that, I then moved to 718 and actually heard a rooster, which I found hard to believe in Makati, but yes, there is a rooster somewhere nearby in the barangay. Finally room 716 in the corner was nice and quiet, of course no wifi as stated before but fine for me. Finally, on my last night, this HUGE cockroach like something out of a movie crawled from the bathroom at around 1am. Luckily I had the lights on and was awake otherwise I had to imagine where it would have ended up. I got the guy to come and it took a while to find where he went but we got him - I was close to having to move rooms. After 25 night s with barely a mosquito I was very surprised. Overall, everyone is friendly, I got extra pillows for my whole stay for a small charge, and for about 1500 pesos or under it represents one of the best options in Manila. The chicken greek salad full portion at Insiders Sports bar is the shizzle.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Ok, for the price it is good value. Comfortable bed etc. Unfortunately the shower door was missing, so the water did leak out making the bathroom uncomfortable.
One suggestion for Tune is to give better quality towels. Maybe charge more if needed. The towels were really cheap and once used they stay wet for a long time. And in a small room, make things damp.
Overall friendly staff in the hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This was my 4th stay at Tune Hotels!.I When staying at Tune Hotels;"I usually stay at the Ermita location. This location is definitely more Tourist friendly,than Malate area.The Makati Tune Hotel,is. central enough to everywhere and Everything in Makati.I will definitely come back here; when looking to stay in a Budget Hotel,in this Area!.All the Hotel employees were Great;the same as all the Tunes I have stayed at!.I always mix up my Holiday Stays;in Manila, with accommodation in Tune Hotels;also 3+4Star Hotels!.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Beijing, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The hotel it's clean and it's not far from the shops and its cheper i bookit from booking 37 $ without the tax but the rooms it's very small I like this hotel but ther is one thing I didn't like it ther is many gays the work in bad things they come from out of the hotel ,the hotel it's not for family

Stayed June 2014