“Great Budget Hotel in Makati” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Planet Makati

You added Red Planet Makati to your Saves list
Red Planet Makati
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   E. Mercado Cor. F. Calderon Sts., Makati Corner Kalayaan Ave, Makati, Luzon 1210, Philippines (Formerly Tune Hotel Makati)   |
Special Price
Red Hot Deals - 10% Off!
Ranked #27 of 74 Hotels in Makati
Cebu CIty
“Great Budget Hotel in Makati”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I give this hotel a try last year when I went to Manila. The hotel was really budget friendly, you only pay for what you need like A/C, TV , Wifi and etc. like you reload them once they expired. My only concern with the hotel is the location, from NAIA 3 we ride the taxi, and then when I told the driver about the hotel he ask where is it, so we had a problem locating it because it was just new that time. My tip to travelers is that you should told the driver it's located behind the Metrobank Bel.Air Makati in P. Burgos St. The plus in this hotel is the sports bar in the ground floor they offer decent food and beer so you have something to do within the hotel. Also there are a lot of strip bars nearby. It just very near also to Greebelt, Glorietta and Rockwell Shopping Mall.

I recommend this hotel to all travelers who want to stay around Makati Area with a tight budget.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

When you book into a budget hotel there should be no illusions about receiving five star service and amenities. I've stayed with Tune a couple of times in different locations now and each experience has been very consistent. Booking online is easy and when you check in they explain the rules and hand you a red bag with a towel, soap and shampoo along with today's wifi password. The rooms are clean but small, fine for a night or two but not for much longer than that. Overall the hotel is consistent with what if experienced elsewhere.

This was my first stay in Makati's Tune hotel and there were a couple of things to be aware of. The wifi does not stay active like it does in other hotels. After 10 mins or so if there is inactivity it will just switch off. So if you are communicating with friends over an Internet chat app like Viber or Line you need to keep logging back on to check.

Secondly, and I have reviewed it separately, but the bar downstairs has an appalling standard of service to other Manila cafes and restaurants. If you can, go somewhere else.

Obviously also just be aware that this is an area where a lot of partying happens. If you are expecting a good family orientated area, try somewhere else.

Overall though I'm relatively happy with my stay at Tune Makati.

• Stayed August 2013
dipolog city
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have no illusions about budget hotels, in fact, I have stayed at Tune Makati around 3 or 4 times previously even though I have a house an hour away. I normally stay here when I go out w/ friends and dont want to drive drunk home or have a driver wait up for me. I am usually content w/ the arrangement - just a clean room, comfy bed and great location(although in an alley). These things usually pose no problem for me. On my birthday last month I went out w/ my friends in Rockwell to celebrate and decided to book a room here because I did not want to go home to Quezon City and I had a flight to catch the next day. They had a table for "CONCIERGE" of sorts who offered airport taxi rides at the rate of P600 which I thought was hilarious. I told them i was a local and the airport was just around 20 minutes away even w/ traffic.I could not understand why they are offering this exorbitant rate- are we not in a BUDGET hotel? Anyhow, determined to get a cab by myself I went out and asked the guard to help me hail one, Took him around 3 minutes to wave to waiting cab around the corner which had the sign "HOTEL TAXI". Did not make sense as it was just a regular taxicab except for that sign. That should have been a red flag, but I didnt think of it and handed the guard a tip and off I rode in the taxi. Around 2 corners from the hotel the driver told me he will charge P300 and will not use the meter. I right off told him mustering all the calmness left in me that I could report him because that is illegal and that I am a lawyer. He told me he will just drop me off then. I objected and said Definitely not! I have my luggage and I do not know this area (we were in the small streets of Makati). Perhaps sensing I will really report him he just told me to add a tip of 100 to the bill. I am okay with tipping, infact i am quite generous if service is good. But tipping is not demanded for- specially not in taxis. NOW, why am I writing my complaint about this horrible experience w/ the taxicab you might be thinking. Shouldnt this be about the hotel? Well the thing is, I realized the guard and the taxicab driver were in cahoots and the driver was just waiting for hotel guests probably thinking tourists can be easily ripped off unlike locals who know their way around. Which explains the "HOTEL TAXI" laminated sign propped near the dashboard window. I suggest that the hotel management look into this. I know that budget hotels have limited services but guest safety should still be a priority. Oh and to add insult to injury I generously tipped the guard for getting me a cab right away,only to find out he is in cahoots with the taxi driver. Bad experience!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

When I check-in at Tune Hotel Makati I was amused when the front desk gave me a red bag with towel, soap & shampoo inside. It would be appropriate if they had towels, soap & shapoo place in the room not give it to hotel guest. About the room, it's kinda small but it is well equip with a security deposit box where one can leave his/her valuable things. The bathroom is spacious. I hope the hotel management will consider installing phone unit per room so that hotel guest can call the frontdesk or make outside calls rather than going out of the room & making calls at the floor lobby. As my title says hotel security measurement is excellent, outsiders or non hotel guest can't access the elevator without a key card. A transporation for hire is available at the hotel lobby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Makati
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My partner and I chose this hotel because it kinda looks good in the internet. When we came in our room, we were disappointed with the airconditioning because what they have is a window type AC that didn't really cooled the room that much. The ceiling fan was no help as well. The worst part is when the electricity was cut off at around 5AM. We called the frontdesk using our own cellphone because they don't have a phone inside the room and when we asked why the electricity cut off, the staff told me that there is a technical problem with our key card. The staff didn't even empathize, had we woken up a little bit late, we would be sweating then. They sent a security guard who gave us a new keycard. When we went to the front desk to for our check out, I think what happened was the staff who did our check in made an error in putting the credits in our keycard because instead of 24 hours, the electricity got cut off excatly after 12 hours from our check in time. They just don't want to admit that they made a mistake. Poor customer service!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is a very practical hotel for any traveller that plans to stay in a specific destination for business or pleasure. The rooms are very comfortable and bring a sense of "home." The value that you get for what you pay works out perfect as the hotel manages to address the very basic needs of any traveller which is a comfortable room to relax at the end of the day. It is strategically located in the heart of makati and the staff are very pleasant and warm.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Auburn, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed at Tune Makati for one night in March 2003. In my opinion, this hotel is a decent place to stay for a night en route to the next destination, but no more. The rooms are definitely clean enough, but are very small and just barely bigger than the bed. Fortunately I do not travel with too many things, so not that big of a deal. But still, kind of gives you a claustrophobic feeling being in the room for too long.
The bathrooms are just a bit smaller than the room itself. Water pressure and temperature seemed to be fine. Weird though, the actual shower basin is just a bit lower than the rest of bathroom and it always made me nervous that if the shower water were to breach, it would flood the bathroom and into the room.
Hotel reception to me seemed a bit robotic and I felt awkward to ask questions. I only asked questions when absolutely necessary.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo