We have now more or less got used to the Tune Hotels formula of 'charged only for the basic room, everything else extra' formula. Fortunately, as we had booked through booking.com, in advance, online, the 'extras' like 'comfort kit' (basically a towel, a small soap and shampoo), wi fi and tv programmes were taken care of. If you book at the reception or through the hotel website, you will need to pay extra for these.
First the positives: the rooms, though small (some folks complain they are too small) are very clean, and the location is OK sort of. It does get a bit dodgy at night as the hotel entrance tends to get a tad dark and there are GROs (hookers) etc. hanging around the 'sports' restaurant located near to the entrance.
Once you have got over the 'everything extra' pricing formula, there are unfortunately a hole list of negatives with Tune Makati. Firstly, the Sports restaurant at the entrance is VERY expensive. I paid close to Php 1200 for dinner and about Php 750 for breakfast for two pax. -The staff there also seemed to care only one or two hand picked 'special' customers and we had to really fight for their attention at times. There are cheaper meal options listed at the hotel, both pasted on the counter and displayed in the room. However the cheap rates apply only if you buy the meal voucher at the reception before hand. This is not clearly indicated. We ended up going to the restaurant directly and paying a neat package for our meals. The wait staff refused to entertain us with out the vouchers. We did find some ladies of questionable repute sitting in the cafe but they did not bother us, so why comment?
- The 'Seat in Coach' tours offered at the reception are very expensive. The tours turned out to be private tours in a luxury car. We should have suspected, looking at the price, but the brochure clearly stated 'Seat in Coach tours'. Although it did work out to our advantage in the end, the 'seat in coach' mentioned on the brochure is rather misleading, to say the least.
- Taxi drop off from the hotel to the airport is a total rip off. When getting to the hotel, we took a 'coupon taxi' for Php 400 odd. Although they reception did inform us that the 'Europcar' counter in the lobby will charge too much and offered to call us a taxi, their taxi charged me Php 650 to Terminal 1. My companion was charged Php 750 the following day. That too by the ordinary white city taxi, which we understood are attached to the hotel.
- The wi fi code expires and has to be renewed on a daily basis.
- There is no telephone to call the reception and you need to go down whenever you need something.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, EasyToBook and Odigeo so you can book your Tune Hotel Makati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tune Hotel Makati Metro Manila