“Run down” 2 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Inn   |   Santillan St, Makati, Luzon 1230, Philippines   |
Ranked #19 of 27 Makati B&B and Inns
“Run down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Because we had an awkward layover we were simply looking for a place to sleep, not too pricey and could sleep a family of 3 without booking an additional room. Amax Inn ticked all the boxes.

We booked an airport pickup, pick up was a no show. Rang the hotel and they came and got us.

Our room was very run down and breakfast was not great at all.

Staff were nice.

Certainly wouldn't stay there again, simply because of the state of the hotel. I am sure for the same money we could get something not so run down???? Having said that, they do appear to be building a new hotel adjoining the current one, so you never know.....

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sunnyvale, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I should have taken heed from my predecessors who warned me to stay away from this hotel. It did not even look like a hotel from the outside which had a small gate after driving through an alley with a handful of pot holes. We checked in and passed a hallway that appeared to be a warehouse of broken furniture and appliances. As soon as we entered our "family room", a stench odor of mildew and mold shocked our system. So the first thing we did was to open a window, and almost tripped over a buckled tile on the floor. The window was covered with a heavy curtain and the windows don't open, and even if it did, you can't because it was boarded up from the outside. The handle to open the window was dirty, so I ran to wash my hands on a sink whose faucet is about to fall off. Don't even ask about the bathroom, I did not dare to peek. Therefore, I found myself at the front desk trying to be civil with my complaint. "The room is musty, and smells like mold and mildew or trapped moist", I said. He responded, "I just sprayed it with an insecticide to kill the mosquitoes." Then at arms length he reached out to show me the can of insecticide he used. And said that he will neutralize the odor with another spray. Me and my family ran out of there as fast as we can. No way are we going to inhale that insecticide overnight. LESSON: don't go to this hotel. It is cheap, but your health and safety will be compromised. The pictures are grossly deceiving.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Cebu
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

When looking for a budget accommodation in Makati, this is a good choice. Location is accessible, nearby Pasong Tamo corner Buendia. They have a studio-type room which is away from their main building. It is a condo room in Oriental Place, just along the road of Pasong Tamo corner Herrera St.

The Studio room at 1,600 per night has the usual amenities - kitchenette, small living room with LCD TV, hot & cold shower, and Wifi connection inside the room. It can accommodate 2 persons maximum as the bed is only one (1) double.

Breakfast is not offered in this type as the breakfast is served only at the main building of the pension house, which is at least 5-10 minutes walk.

For entrance/exit, it is accessible thru the condominium entrance facing the Shell gasoline station. A short walk to Waltermart Pasong Tamo and Makati Cinema Square.

Room Tip: You have to check in at the Main building and walk together with the hotel personnel to Oriental Pla...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Davao City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

large room is good for family , with complete aminities and facilities clean rooms and safety location. staffs are helpul, the location is near CBD very accessable for transfortation 1 ride to MRT and 1 ride to LRT. busses and jeepnys are along in the corner.

Room Tip: cheaper compare to other hotels, 2,000 for 4 adults and 2 kids are very affordable
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had to stay in Manila for a night before my flight out - a room here was available on Agoda for USD19 so that was it. It's in a back street called Santillan Street - a bit out of the way. I checked in and was shown to my room - a single room with a lockable door, single bed, table and chair - one of five sharing a shower, toilet and sink. What I didn't realise was that the walls extend up only until the final half-metre - and then it's a metal grill. So any light or sound from any other room can be seen or heard in yours! The snoring was ridiculous as were the lights. And when someone woke up and showered at 5am - we were all awake. The room looked a bit like a prison cell! But with an eye-shade, sleeping tablets and ear- plugs, it'd be fine! There's (very weak) wi-fi in rooms but it's stronger in reception and the breakfast (served from 7am -9am) includes sausage, egg, rice and coffee - reasonably good. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. It's a ten minute walk to the greenbelt area of Makati city centre and a metered taxi to airport terminal 1 is Php150. A beer from the cafe area is Php40 per 330ml can.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Amax Inn Makati? Share your experiences!