“My stay in City Garden hotel in Makati” 4 of 5 stars
Review of City Garden Hotel Makati

You added City Garden Hotel Makati to your Saves list
City Garden Hotel Makati
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Makati Avenue | corner Kalayaan Avenue, Makati, Luzon 1200, Philippines   |
Ranked #33 of 79 Hotels in Makati
London
“My stay in City Garden hotel in Makati”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was my first trip to Philippines and decided to stay in Makati. The hotel is in excellent location and was please to stay in this hotel for the price that was offered.The room are bit small but I was single and suited me fine. The reception I received was good and very helpful staff.
From other review I was afraid about lifts but they worked fine only at times bit slow.
Internet was non Existence in room but in lobby it was fine.Breakfast was average but offered basic needs, Watch out for bread at breakfast it is very sweet as I was diabetic I could not
Eat.They provided bread roll next day which was good for me.
hotel offered,better,exchange Rate than money changer .Always take taxi from outside, better value than hotel prices.Air con worked perfectly. Due to heavy rain hotel provided umbrella and went out of way to assist.Spa facilities are,limited .Your are very close to night life.
It is safe to go out at night, I did not feel threaten at any time.Tip well for receive you received.

Room Tip: For sols traveller you will always get room facing inward with no view. if you prefer view than upg...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank FLASH88
CGHGM, General Manager at City Garden Hotel Makati, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate the feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on. We took note of your comments about the breakfast breads, Spa Services and WIFI. We should be able to address the breakfast issue easily but the WIFI will still take some time though the upgrade is already underway. As for the Spa, we will see what can be done as they are a partner who just provide the services for our guests. For sure your comments will be able to help us improve. Your valuable comments will be shared with the rest of the Team.

Calistoga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights! All I can say was "wow"! They all made my vacation in the Philippines a memorable one! The staffs at the Front Desk were all very helpful and well trained. The breakfast was so great! I love everything in this hotel. I will surely booked again in this hotel for my second vacation! Thank you very much City Garden Hotel!

Room Tip: Room P7 was great!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Matthew S
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the feedback you have given us for your recent stay in our Hotel. It's definitely good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on. Rest assure that we will strive to further improve our services to our guests. Your valuable comments will be shared with the rest of the Team.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My girlfriend and i stayed here for a 2 nights only but we really did enjoy it. The staffs at the front desk are very welcoming to us and very accommodating.We were also checked in very swiftly and the bellman was very helpful also. He even offered us some refreshments and the other staff offered us with cold towels. In our stay for two nights we had some requests from the front desk, the housekeeping and from the room service. Surprisingly their responses to us was very fast also. But the downside of our stay was that the pool is not available that time! We could really used some swimming pool at that time, seriously. Well better luck next time for us I guest.

Never the less, our stay was awesome! will not have a second thought also to stay this hotel next time.

p.s. We Love our room, love the prices, love the services, but not the lifts and especially the snail wifi.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jamesss c
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate the great feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on. We have noted your comments on the lifts and our WIFI. On both these issues we are already taking steps but for sure the more significant improvement would be on the WIFI. Your valuable comments will be shared with the rest of the Team.

Hawaii, Guatemala
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

it''s a good choice for a budget-minded traveler. All staff are very accommodating with a warm welcome smile. Specially serving cold towel and welcome drinks for my refreshment. I like the most is the room its so very clean.Foods are so great and delicious. also the business center helps a lot for urgent booking flights. lastly what can I say is they have passion for hospitality.

Room Tip: Executive Deluxe is a good choice with a nice view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Anjali N
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate the wonderful feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on.

Your valuable comments will also be shared with the rest of the Team.

We look forward to your next visit in the near future.

Freising, Bayern, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Getting a cheap rate was the reason for me to stay there. For that rate I can't complain about anything.

However, the lift situation is really bad. The breakfast didn't bother me much, I need coffee in the morning and that's about it.

WiFi was pretty useless, however I read a post earlier that they are working on it.

Staff was friendly, but I am not a big complainer anyway, I check in , sleep, check out. and if there is nothing horribly wrong, I am easy going.

All together an experience I would rate good but that is not existing in tripadvisor, and it was not very good, so I can only give 3 points.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Steffen G
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate the feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on. With regard to your comment on the lifts we are instituting some changes in the way our Associates use these and hopefully that would improve the experience. With regard to WIFI, yes we are already working on this. Work has started but we still have a long way to go. But definitely there would be a significant improvement once we have completed the project..

Your valuable comments will be shared with the rest of the Team.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were glad that the hotel have accommodated us despite all hassles of pre authorization from online booking.
The charge was the same though the poster outside had and advert of 1400 pesos per night stay.
We have requested for a smoking room and they said its available , to my surprise we were led to a non smoking floor!!!
Room is very tiny but well kept and well stacked.
Breakfast is ok for a Filipino guest.
Only 2 lifts for over 20 floors. Be prepared for a long wait if you stay in this hotels.
Overall, one can find much better hotels nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Alangilan P
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking time in giving us feedback for your recent stay in our Hotel. It's god to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on. We took note of your comments on breakfast and the room preference. With regard to the room price on the streamer outside the Hotel, it is actually indicated that the rate is on a per person on twin sharing basis. Your valuable comments will be shared with the rest of the Team.

We hope that you can still consider staying with us in your future trips to Manila..

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was really impressed with the service given by the staffs of this Hotel. The Hotel is clean, and well maintained. I would like to commend Benz of FO. She was very kind to give us good rate and Room adjacent to each other. I'm a bit annoyed with the wifi though. It's so slow.. The Rooftop is Good the waiters were attentive. The pool was their but it closes at 8.The location is the downside since its in the red light district. Nevertheless The stay was fantastic. I wish to go back again.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Gogetter10
CGHGM, General Manager at City Garden Hotel Makati, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the great feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on. We took note of your comment about the pool operations and we will look into this.Your valuable comments will be shared with the rest of the Team.