“Amazing rooftop resto/bar” 3 of 5 stars
Review of City Garden Hotel Makati

You added City Garden Hotel Makati to your Saves list
City Garden Hotel Makati
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Makati Avenue corner Kalayaan Avenue, Makati, Luzon 7870, Philippines   |
Ranked #13 of 67 Hotels in Makati
Manila, Philippines
“Amazing rooftop resto/bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I booked here for 4nights left after 2night, Nice hotel clean and comfortable however it feels like

more of a "get you in, get you out hotel" staff did not seem very help for or knowledgeable of the

local area. I had to ask many times for directions for different areas and no one in the hotel could

give me a clear answer.

Rooms - I was given a room on located towards back of hotel thought wifi was available i had

to stand in the hallway to receive signal. When i informed the front desk they simply told me

they are sorry and did nothing to assist me in solving my small issue. The room itself was

super nice and bed comfy for a good nights rest, Bathroom was spacious and nice running hot

water. nice t.v and chairs beside bedside.

Room service (horrible) 1hr wait for 2 beers and jack coke

Roof top bar/resto area and pool was awesome and hands down an amazing view of the city

skyline at night again downside service ultra slow....

Breakfast buffet- Was ok and had many things on offer however was more local items then

foreign food (point i make is they do target the foreign market thus should have some more

offerings on the menu other then sugar in every sausage and meat product even the bolonase

sauce tasted of heavy sugar.

Gym spa area i didn't use but the gym looked very clean and nice

Ive gotten the impression they prefer big groups to check in over walk-ins or solo travelers, i

would not return here given my last stay however other may have a better experience then

myself.

they also offer 1600p rooms on a giant poster on the side of the building but Ive never been

able to avail this promo.. abit misleading

Room Tip: choose a room located away from St Giles hotel next door, choose a room on a higher floor and be sur...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
CGHGM, General Manager at City Garden Hotel Makati, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us valuable feedback during your stay last November. We are glad that you are happy with the room, particularly the bed and bathroom, gym and the view from the roofdeck restaurant. However, we are very much concerned about the areas that fell below your expectations. Despite these concerns we are thankful that you are giving us the chance to fix such problems. Some of the areas you mentioned were Staff knowledge and helpfulness, WIFI signal, restaurant service and breakfast selection. We have been working on some of these areas already such as WIFI and breakfast variety but it certainly shouldn't stop there as we need to continuously make changes to adjust to our guests requirements.

We are truly sorry that you did not have a very good experience the last time but rest assure that there will be an improvement after we complete the projects lined up for the concerns mentioned. The P1,450 rate applies to our lowest room category on a twin sharing basis which means it will total to P2,900. This room type is highly salable that is why other guests book way in advance in order to get this room type.

We hope that you would still give us an opportunity in your visits in the future.

City Garden Hotel Makati

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Polish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

OK to start with I am travelling as a single businessman. Having been in Asia 15 years locations close to where I do business trump the fact that the location may boarder on a rather eclectic red-light district. However that is me...

This hotel is older. Room size is very comfortable. Good size prep and storage area for kitchenette...no stove though.

Beds are comfortable. Clean. Bathrooms a tad musty. Security on the main doors is good...but saying that there is a fair flow in and out of "masseurs". However they leave you alone.

Breakfast pretty average...fruits, sausages, eggs etc. I would like to see a better breakfast.

One highlight is the gym which as a daily gym goer i really need to be good. Fine selection of weights... cross over cable machine...smith machine etc.

I would rate the hotel as a good solid value choice for business guests.

• Stayed May 2013
CGHGM, General Manager at City Garden Hotel Makati, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate the wonderful feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on. We have noted your comments on breakfast and the bathrooms.

Guam, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I booked this place via online and phone, Ms Rona of reservations was very helpful, the place is right on makati ave, taxi's all over as well as jeeps to get to the metro stations or the malls. The room was wonderful, clean and very true to their advertisement. Wifi was fast and no hassle. Staff had no issues with english. Buffet breakfast was awesome, the folks making the omelet station very professional and kind. Traffic noise from room....what traffic noise hehehe.

Room Tip: book early, ask for promos, checkout the roof top where the pool isat, in morning or evening aweso...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate the wonderful feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on. Your valuable comments will be shared with the rest of the Team.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed at City Garden Makati for a romantic vacation in the Philippines. It didn't disappoint us and given the rate we paid, it was excellent value. It stands out among similar standard hotels in Makati.

All the staff are so helpful, friendly and attention to details are extraordinary. They remember your name and really do make you feel welcome.

We checked in hassle free. Our room was extremely appointed. We managed to get a high floor facing the view of Makati city. The bathroom was classy and the Queen-sized bed very comfortable.

While my wife was swimming, I had a blast working out at the gym followed by a dip in the jacuzzi.

I can't ask for more about the hotel's buffet breakfast coz it has everything. You would rather call it brunch.

Had our dinner at the rooftop restaurant. Outstanding view with a band playing nice songs.

This hotel has an excellent service and a very helpful staff who will go above and beyond to represent the City Gardens.

I've been to some hotels in PI., Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam and so far this is the most prestigious one in terms of service. Our personal favorite.

We look forward to visit again City Garden Makati!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate your feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on.

I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations.

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stay in this hotel each time we come to visit the Philippines. Everytime it was a pleasure, an oasis in the middle of Makati. From the time we enter the lobby, you would immediately feel the welcoming attitude of receptionists. Location is easy walking reach of Greenbelt and Glorietta. They offer a wide selection for breakfast. Clean room. Most of all, we were impressed by the service of staff.

Everybody would smile and greet you. Wonderful view from the rooftop bar. My kids enjoyed the pool which is open until 8:00pm.

On the few downsides, I can count two: The first one -WIFI was not working very well which is a bit annoying. The other one would be the slow elevators.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the wonderful feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on. Your valuable comments will be shared with the rest of the Team.

The world
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I decided to give this hotel a 2nd chance and stayed there again for what was meant to be 7 nights but I ended up checking out after my first night.

The reception staff are robots and cannot think on their feet, and despite having booked my room 2 weeks in advance it was not ready when I arrived at the prescribed time. I witnessed other people with this same problem as I was checking out, they had just been flying/traveling for around 30 hours and needed to sleep but of course their room was not ready.

The view from the top floor and the set up in the pool bar area is very good in this hotel and that is one plus for them, but it is the only one really.

However the worst and biggest problem this hotel has, and cannot fix is that there is 24 floors, 160 rooms and probably around 50 or so staff during peak times and there is only 2 LIFTS!!

200 plus people, 24 floors, 2 small lifts, staff getting off and on at various floors, how often do you think you are stopping or waiting for a lift?

Staff are constantly using the lifts to hop on and off from floor to floor and the small cramped lifts can see you inside them for many minutes while traveling from top to bottom or vice versa. Or you can find yourself sweating it up in the non air-conditioned hallway waiting for the lifts. Even going a few floors always involves many stops as both staff and guests jostle for lift time/space.

I could accept these inconveniences if I were paying 1000-1500 pesos per night, but my room was just under 4000 pesos per night and I needed to be in a high up room with a view because if you are not then you have little/no cell phone or wifi access because the closed in rooms barely get a signal.

You also have many touts/husslers and vultures preying on you out the front of the hotel and many people stand outside in the darkness and can watch what you do through the all glass windows of the lobby so be sure to no expose valuables as at night time as you are being watched.

100 bucks a night in a third world country with 2nd rate service I cannot justify paying and this will be my last review of this hotel as I will never stay there again. For those prices you are much better off forking out and extra 40/60 dollars per night and staying at a 5* hotel or finding a budget hotel that is cheaper and offers similar rooms.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view it is the only way you will get phone signal.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
CGHGM, General Manager at City Garden Hotel Makati, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking time and giving us feedback again during your recent stay in our Hotel. We are concerned about your feedback regarding our front line personnel which definitely must be addressed immediately. Admittedly, we continue to have issues with our lifts and cellular signal but we can also assure that are doing whatever is possible to avoid any further inconvenience during a guest's stay. Regarding, peddlers who roam the area selling all kinds of merchandise is a challenge but we also coordinate with the local authorities on such concern.

Although, you mentioned that you would look elsewhere whenever in the area we hope that you would still give us a try on visits in the future.

South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I booked this place cos it was priced in the middle somewhere... and I think rightly so.

It has a wonderful rooftop bar and good-size swimming pool. Wifi is free and breakfast is in the rates. The hotel staff were very good and reception were always helpful with local advice and directions etc.... and the area - lots of bars/clubs/restaurants within walking distance.

My only disappointment was that the rooms were very small - not what I'd expect for paying substantially more than low budget.

The acid test is - would I stay here again? I guess I would ... but not until I'd done some more research on other alternatives.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
CGHGM, General Manager at City Garden Hotel Makati, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the feedback you provided for your recent stay in our Hotel. It's good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on. We are happy about the positive experience you had in general and we are also concerned about your comment on the room size. We do have 5 room types which you can choose from on your next stay. you can get the best rate when you book directly on our website

City Garden Hotel Makati

Been to City Garden Hotel Makati? Share your experiences!