Stayed here over the weekend with the fiance. Main reason I chose this place was because I needed a full kitchen as I was planning to cook a special dinner for him. Since my office was very close to the Somerset Olympia I decided to physically check the place out before I did my booking. The staff that manned the front desk (Janeth) and bell boy (Choy) who were there when I went were super helpful, showed me a sample of the room that I was planning to book and answered all the questions I had. I would've booked on the spot except that the rate they were quoting me was a little higher than what I found on the internet so I booked instead a 1-bedroom deluxe apartment throught the internet. Read through the preview reviews that there were ongoing renovations and some rooms were of poorer quality than the others so I specifically requested a newer, clean room in a quiet location in a tower with no renovations taking place and a room at a higher floor to avoid the noise of the streets (apartment D81). While the room was not yet "brand new" so to speak, it was clean, decent, no bad small and all those nasty stuff that would've been a turn off. To summarize my stay here's my good points and areas for improvement:
1) Clean, well maintained room even if it wasn't renovated/refurbished yet
2) Huge T.V with HD channels and wide channel selection
3) Huge walk-in closet
4) No pungent smell
5) Staff was extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful!
6) Aircon temperature was just right and could be easily adjusted
7) Functional kitchen
8) Complimentary welcome amenities like bottled water, lots of coffee, tea, sugar and cream
9) Bed and pillows were wonderful. Definitely had a good night's sleep
10) Free parking (1 slot per room)
Areas for improvement:
1) You could say that the kitchen was fully equiped but better if they also had the following: a big bowl (or like a casserole), scissors (!), serving spoons and forks, even a strainer. I've been to other condotels in the U.S. and when they say fully equiped kitchen they really mean fully equped you can practically cook or bake anything!
2) Would've been great if they had an honest to goodness oven
3) Would've been great if they had a T.V. not just in the living room but also in the bedroom (even if its smaller)
4) I don't want to say that breakfast was lousy but definitely could've been much much better. They offer 2 choices, you can either have breakfast at CAVA or the Old Swiss Inn. Both don't offer extensive breakfast buffet menus. Unfortunately you can only eat at one restaurant. My suggestion is, to make the menu more extensive, to let guests eat at both restaurants. That way what one resto doesn't offer he can get from the other resto.
5) Internet was only limited to one device.
6) They only offered liquid soaps in the bathrooms. Not cool if you don't provide a sponge/loofah
7) Weird that they provided 2 bath towels and 2 hand towels but only 1 face towel and 1 toothbrush. This eventhough I mentioned that there will be 2 of us occupying the room. Standard should be 2 of everything. Nice if they had provided bathrobes as well.
Overall our stay was satisfactory especially for the rate we paid. I have no complaints regarding that and if you ask me if I'd stay here again my answer is, for the right price I would.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Makati City's central business district, Somerset Olympia Makati is ideal for executives and their families looking for work-life balance and an enriching lifestyle. The newly refurbished serviced residence is infused with warm hospitality and allows convenient proximity to major corporate offices, parks, lifestyle venues and cultural centres. It is right across the lush Ayala Triangle Park and situated within walking distance to Greenbelt Mall, Glorietta Mall and Ayala Museum. There's always a warm welcome awaiting you and your family - including your furry, four-legged companions at Somerset Olympia Makati. Our friendly staff are always on hand to extend assistance with local knowledge to help you settle in quickly. Somerset Olympia Makati is one of a premier collection of The Ascott Limited's serviced residences in over 80 cities in Asia Pacific, Europe and the Gulf region. A member of CapitaLand, it is the global leader in branded serviced residences, bringing you 30 years' experience in supporting travellers who work and live away from home. Because life is about living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HRS, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Priceline so you can book your Somerset Olympia Makati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset Olympia Makati Hotel Makati
- Somerset Olympia Makati Metro Manila