“Great Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Manila

Save Saved
You added Mandarin Oriental, Manila to your Saves list
Mandarin Oriental, Manila
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Makati Avenue | Metro Manila, Makati, Luzon 1226, Philippines   |
Ranked #19 of 66 hotels in Makati
singapore
“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed here during from 23rd to 26th July while on business trip. Hotel pick up at airport was rather easy as they were carrying signage at the exit door. The hotel car was ready at their counter and was off to the hotel within 5 minutes. Hotel services was great and I can say the best so far in all the hotels that I have stayed. The hotel car driver was very polite and introduce themselves, as well as asking if I would like any music, magazine, newspaper, water and if air-con temperature was right. We reach the hotel in about 35 minutes.

Upon reaching the hotel, I was straight taken to my room and check-in was done in the room. There is no waiting, no queue and was relaxing in my room in less than 10 minutes. Cleanliness, comfort of the bed, TV, wireless and working table was just fine, no complaint what-so-ever. I had breakfast for the 3 days there and was not bored with the food. Menu changes almost every day. I had dinner once and the buffet spread was fantastic. The sashimi was fresh and there are also serving of oysters (I do not take oysters). There is also a hotel shuttle bus to Greenbelt area in the evening. You can get the bus schedule from the hotel.

However, the hotel is rather old and definitely need some refurbishment. Upon entering my room, there is a odd smell. On the 2nd day, I told this to the housekeeper and he immediately took a scant burner to freshen up the room. Again, really good and prompt service.

For those who like to go to Burgos Street, this hotel is within 10 minutes walk.

Overall I give a 4 star as the hotel need some level of refurbishment.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

650 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

So the hotel building is a little past its best and in the process of being upgraded, but what service! I had a great stay and the staff were terrific helping me resolve numerous issues during a busy stay. Classic, classy MO.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Yonago, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed 1 night in the Mandarin Oriental, Manila with my family. We arrived at 10 pm and departed for Ninoy Aquino International Airport next morning. The building was old. The wall, carpet, and so on were old too. However, those were well-cleaned. I felt good. It is easy to change new. But I think it is important to take good care. We called it 'Mottainai' in Japanese.
The second thing was that attitude of friendliness to my children was excellent. We were very tired on arrival at the hotel. Their friendliness made us comfortable. My children fell in love with the hotel. If you travel to Manila with your children, I recommend the hotel very highly to you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I had just spent 2 nights in the Mandarin Oriental in Manila shortly after staying in the same chain in KL... What a difference...
The hotel in Manila is old to the point that my bathroom was falling to pieces and the bed board smells of dust and mold.
The service in good but not great as after I had issues with my room at 2:00am I was sent facilities people to fix it for 30mins before I myself had to ask for an another room so I could get some sleep.
Overall disappointed ... Being my 5th trip to Manila I must say for the same price there are better options in Makati.

• Stayed July 2013
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Ok.. So mine was a business trip stay, which may mean I got a few extra perks! So my review is based on my business trip stay..

Overall AMAZING! The friendliest staff I've met at a hotel ( and I used to work in hotels ) the service fantastic, room service everyday, fruit replenished everyday, cocktail hr( MY FAVORITE ) if you have Executive lounge access. Camille, Jera, Melody, Ricky.. Will make sure your stay will be AMAZING!

I was here for a month! My stay was .. Faultless ! Overall food was fantastic, great stay!
Recommendations .. Paint the outside of the hotel .. Looks dated. My only observation! And I'm being picky ..

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tempe, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I recently made 3 trips to Manila. I stayed here once, initially due to the international name recognition of Oriental. I found the hotel grounds and lobby and seating area and restaurant to be very nice. However, it is a different story once you head to your room. The hall carpets are badly worn and the room carpets even worse (mine was torn and held with carpet tape). The door to my appointed room was open on my arrival and it gave me a creepy feeling. Also, they seem to want to charge extra for every little thing to make a bit more money off every guest. The management acknowledges that the hotel has not been renovated for 30 years and is in bad need of renovation.

Room Tip: You should ask to see the room before checking in. You should state that you want a room with clean...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I didn't expect 5 star like this one. It's 36 years old therfore it should be downgrade to 3 star as max. The most thing annoying me is the bathroom cleaning. Two times they fixed it. The hotel furniture should be change.
But the hotel restaurant is good one.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Manila? Share your experiences!