Stayed here for one night with my husband and kids. Fortunately, we used our Privilege Card to book ourselves in the Club Floor...and our stay was excellent.
While Mandarin Oriental is not as modern as other hotels, having been around for decades, it can still pride itself for subdued luxury (appropriate for business hotels) and exceptional customer service.
Our room in the club floor was spacious, bright and clean with a very comfortable bed topped with crisp, soft and hygienic linen. Room decor was simple and quite dated...nothing special to rave about...but the amenities are complete and the airy, tidy and comfy over-all feel of the place more than makes up for the lack of artistic detail. The bathroom was huge and spotless though the corners of the bath tub and glass enclosure showed signs of aging; and the shower faucet was quite difficult to manage. The airconditioning was quite inconsistent....the night was a little too warm while the morning felt very chilly. Internet access was free for this type of room; and the speed of the wi-fi connections did not disappoint.
In the midst of the pros and cons of the room, what won us over really was the club lounge privilege attached to the room. In the lounge, there were free early afternoon snacks for club floor guests from noontime up to around 4 pm, consisting of a rich spread of tasty pastries, coffee, and soft beverages. My kids loved the different flavored muffins and chocolates while my husband and I indulged in the danish pastries and cookies. We enjoyed just bonding in the lounge before taking a dip in the pool. At around 6 pm, my husband and I were back at the club lounge for the free cocktails --- a delightful offering of various sushi, chips and cheese with your choice of wine. This is indeed a great way to end the day and prepare for a pleasant evening with the family! The next morning, my whole family had our complimentary breakfast again at the lounge where we were served a buffet of continental breakfast items and one choice each from the ala carte menu. The choice, quantity and quality of food was just right...not too little or too heavy; and was good enough to start a great day. Throughout these perks, what we considered extra special was the customer service. The staff at the club lounge were very courteous and helpful and gave us personal attention in every visit to the lounge. An extra was always added to every request,without hesitation. This hotel really knows how to make their club floor guests feel pampered, and it was worth every peso we spent.
Bottomline, I would recommend this hotel even for a short staycation over the weekend; and really suggest that you book at the club floor. The hotel now belongs to my list of examples of establishments with Great Customer Service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a quiet address in the heart of Makati's Central Business District, Mandarin Oriental, Manila is within walking distance of stylish malls and shops in the Ayala Commercial Center. Renowned for its outstanding cuisine, the hotel features three restaurants, two popular bars, and a lounge. Four exclusive and highly rated Club floors with a private lounge provide utmost guest satisfaction, as do a cosy luxury spa, a fully equipped business centre, and a health club with advanced fitness equipment. Banquet and meeting facilities are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Manila Hotel Makati
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Manila
- Mandarin Oriental Makati
- Mandarin Makati
- Makati Mandarin Oriental
- Mandarin Hotel Manila
- Mandarin Hotel Makati
- Mandarin Oriental, Manila Makati, Metro Manila