“Old world charm of Manila” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Peninsula Manila

You added The Peninsula Manila to your Saves list
The Peninsula Manila
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner of Ayala and Makati Avenues, Metro Manila, Makati, Luzon 1226, Philippines   |
Ranked #4 of 72 Hotels in Makati
Manila, Philippines
“Old world charm of Manila”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Nice pretty hotel in the business and shopping center of Makati. Big room, very nice breakfast. Nice pool with sauna. Elegant lobby, efficient and friendly staff. Get the Philippines' most famous dessert the halo halo.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The Peninsula Manila remains a masterpiece from its appearance down to the service aspect. But there's this one experience that made me wanna write here in Tripadvisor. We have stayed in the Executive Lounge of the hotel, it is cozy and nice (thou rooms are not part of the renovated areas) just as nice and cozy of other executive lounge in other hotels, but what makes it different are the staff. I came a little bit earlier than my foreign partner, my features is purely filipina, i do not dress like an executive so i would understand if there are some staff as I have observed, treats me differently when i'm alone and also different when i'm with my partner. There's this one lady who no matter how early in the morning, i am alone or with someone, will genuinely smile and greet me as i visit the lounge, she would sometimes go around in the dining area to ask if we need anything else, and with those gestures, this lady named Venice caught my attention. But just when we thought that everything will turn out to be just one of those successful business trips of my partner, series of incidents happened that made me realized that this girl is extraordinary. One lazy morning we were in a hurry as we are late for a meeting and we still need to look for a cab coz we don't have a service since our car's plate is banned to drive for that day and hotel cars are really expensive. We dropped by the lounge to print some documents, we were having a hard time figuring out how to print the files we needed and when Venice noticed us she asked if there's anything she can be of help? i didn't hesitated to tell her what's going on and immediately she suggested if we can send the files to her email so she 'll be the one to print while we're fixing ourselves , maybe she noticed that we aren't dressed up yet, so i gladly accepted her offer. When we are about to go, all the documents we asked her to print are neatly arranged in a brown envelope, she made a quick phone call, and as she handed the envelope to us, she mentioned that a metered cab is already waiting for us outside, which left us both saying, she's amazing. It doesn't end in that incident.The following day,we went to the lounge to have our usual breakfast and once again Venice greeted us, she asked if everything went well with the meeting we had, we had a short talk and I mentioned that my partner had an upset stomach after the meeting until that previous night, Venice then recommended some food that he should and should not eat like as if she's a medical staff, we appreciated her concern but declined her offer to call a nurse since my partner said he's feeling better, later in the afternoon we were surprised to have received a get well soon letter from the Peninsula and some fruits and crackers that is fit for his condition which i believe was initiated by this sweet young lady. You might find this review a little long but i just think that this kind of service from a staff needs to be shouted out. These kind of staff are the reason why Peninsula remains a masterpiece of luxury.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Decatur, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Ok, I will confess that the exchange rate with the U.S. dollar making this hotel about the same cost as a regular Marriott may have made me a little giddy. But I'm willing to testify in a court of law that this place is AWESOME!! The buffet is great but be careful....the overly eager staff will take your food even it you aren't ready to give it up. The fitness facilities are great but the massage required a little bit more micro-management than I would have liked. Apparently my massage therapist is a LOT more comfortable going toward normal 'hands off' territories on a woman's body than my usual U.S. massage therapists. But after a few corrections I think she finally got that I'm not looking for THAT type of massage.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Singapore River, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

The Pen in the most unpretentious hotel in Manila for me, it speaks quietly of elegance and sophistication. Well appointed rooms, food is superb. I think the lobby is even more grand than that of Hong Kong Peninsula (less the RR parked at the drive way). The entire team of the hotel are very mindful of the guests needs for vomfort and secirity unlike the Duty Manager Kevin Santos of Shangrila Makati who is very rude and arrogant. Overall, The Pen is indeed majestic and yet hospitable to every one who wants a good nights rest.

• Stayed July 2014
Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The hotel is a master piece combining quality, superior service and taste. Their success lies in the attention to details, the room amenities are formidable and the food offered are supreme. The only item I could find that may be of interest for other travelers is the TV service. It's via satellite which I believe is a miss as 90% of the time is cloudy, therefore you keep having issues with the connection

Stayed July 2014
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

What a great hotel! The lobby really sets the tone for the hotel. The strains of music from the orchestra really relax. The staff were fantastic, helpful, polite and friendly. The room was spacious and clean. This is a fantastic hotel. 11 nights of luxury.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I have been coming to this hotel for 16 years and stay on average in 45 hotels worldwide per year. This hotel continues to be my favourite hotel worldwide for sheer class and quality of service. The standard of the hotel and services continue to be consistently excellent whether you are on business or a leisure stay. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and stay on the Club Floor for Club Lounge access