“The Peninsula Manila” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Peninsula Manila

You added The Peninsula Manila to your Saves list
The Peninsula Manila
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner of Ayala and Makati Avenues, Metro Manila, Makati, Luzon 1226, Philippines   |
Special Rate
Exclusive Room Upgrade
Ranked #4 of 69 Hotels in Makati
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“The Peninsula Manila”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have been staying at The Peninsula Manila for the past 16 years and I can recommend it to anyone. The hotel is geared towards the business traveller and higher end hotel guest looking for premium quality and service. Enormous lobby which is very impressive. Excellent staff and attention to detail as you would expect and a wide range of excellent local and international restaurants in house to choose from. The Peninsula Manila goes from strength to strength and even after 16 years, I still very much look forward to staying at this fine hotel in the heart of Makati.

Room Tip: Cable as well as WiFi in room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have been a member of Peninsula card for 3 years now, and have been very grateful for all the privileges,huge discounts, and delightful freebies I have enjoyed these past years at the Peninsula Manila. I used my free grand deluxe room (I'm a founder member) on my birthday November last year. This year I'm beginning to earn loyalty points on my dining, hoping that I will have an absolutely free stay in the Premier Suite room next year.

My fellow peninsula member who reviewed and called the peninsula card membership a bogus was quite ignorant of the mechanics of the membership. Complimentary slots are on a first come first served basis. I always endeavor to be organized in everything, including my peninsula membership. I would reserve my complimentary night early, even 3 weeks or a month in advance, for me to secure my preferred date. Short notice bookings would somehow be problematic, as Peninsula, being a 5-star-deluxe hotel, is a place where many business people or regular hotel goers would want to be and stay for a night or more.

I love the Peninsula lobby, old manila, salon de ning, spa, and the friendly service of staff. And of course, not to forget, thanks to my peninsula card membership!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is the fourth time i stay in the Peninsula Hotel in Manila, i admire the place, the charm of it and specially the music they play in its hall.

the service is very good, the staff are extremely helpful, the location is great, and the food is good. facilities are good.

Would have loved if they upgraded the hotel and its equipment and last time I tried spices (the Indian restaurent inside it) the quality and taste were not as good as before.

Overall positive experience 8 out of 10

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

It was always a delight to return to The Pen after a day stuck in traffic jams or cutting through rural roads. The staff were helpful, always smiling. My bedroom was spacious, clean and comfortable. The bed was firm and good. Breakfast was superb as there was so much choice from healthy and local dishes. The fresh juice station was particularly good! And it must have the best Halo Halo (Filipino dessert) in Makati - my room booking came with FOUR helpings so I just had to invite friends around to enjoy them with me!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

This was my second time at the Peninsula Manila within the last three months, and this time my team and I stayed for two full weeks. We had a highly productive time at the hotel and appreciated the services provided by the hotel and its staff.

Like the last time (see my review from November), the lobby atmosphere, breakfast, and pool area were top-notch, although these areas were always busy. We also benefited from excellent internet connectivity in the rooms and the lounge, which by the way had been relocated to the third floor interior balcony overlooking the grand lobby. What a classy way to relax in-between all our work, drinking a capuccino or a glass of wine while listening to music tunes in the distance and looking at the bustling activity below! The staff in the lounge were super friendly and caring, and provided outstanding service to us throughout the two weeks and helped us decompress. We also used the business center one day for doing quite a bit of printing and were surprised about the charges (some USD250 for 400 pages or so; I can't remember the exact price, since my colleague put it on his bill).

The rooms provided a great environment to do our work. My suite (a corner unit with views in two directions) had a large area where we could meet. The desk was very functional, with all the necessary plugs. The bathroom was spacious, with nice ambiance lighting. The A/C in this suite seemed to respond better to changes in the settings compared to the room I had in November, but it would still be nice to have windows that can be opened occasionally.

While I was convinced of the five-star rating I would give to this review when I paid my bill (no waiting in line this time), something almost shook this belief in the last minute. One of my colleagues was late in coming down to pay her bill and allow us to leave, since she was waiting for the bellboys to pick up her luggage from the room. She had called twice already, but to no avail. Some members of our team were ready to go up and get the luggage for her but then spotted a manager and drew his attention to this unacceptable delay. It was then promptly taken care of. We remembered that when we had checked in, it had also taken a long while for our luggae to arrive at our rooms--so much that several of us had to call downstairs. I decided that this should not affect my rating in this review, as it would do unjustice to all the other hotel employees that took care of us in such a great way during our two-week stay. But it deserves mentioning here so that management can take care of it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We recently had our wedding reception celebration at The Peninsula Manila and also stayed for 3 days.
Where do I start? This is one of best experiences that I have ever experienced at a hotel.
The organisation by the events crew was well executed and all of our requests were catered for. We also were given room upgrades to their best suite for our wedding night.
The needs of my overseas visiting guests were also looked after and they all left with a high level of satisfaction for their room stays and the wedding reception.

The amazing lobby was a great place to meet before heading to the nearby malls or even better as a place wind down after a busy day of sight seeing.

The breakfast buffet at Escolta seemed limitless with so many choices that I didn't know where to start!

Overall, this is an absolute gem, the rooms were fantastic and staff even more so. We had a fantastic time and will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed here for a night and the room is very spacious. The staff are friendly and they always greet you with a smile. Had a dip on the pool and our towels are replaced by time to time without us requesting for it. Unfortunately we didn't get the review with the view. If you are to check in, request for the rooms with the view of the park in Ayala triangle. The other side are just plain buildings. The location is also great, you just need to cross the underpass to get to Glorietta mall. They have free breakfast and the selection was plenty. The bed and the pillows were comfortable and the place is quiet. I had a great time in this hotel and would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Get the room with the view of the Ayala triangle park
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Peninsula Manila? Share your experiences!