“Business... And good relaxing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Peninsula Manila

You added The Peninsula Manila to your Saves list
The Peninsula Manila
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner of Ayala and Makati Avenues, Metro Manila, Makati, Luzon 1226, Philippines   |
Ranked #4 of 67 Hotels in Makati
singapore
“Business... And good relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Having spent one week in June 2013 for a seminar in Manila Peninsula hotel Makati.
Overall I had a good time both for businees and relaxing.
We had a seminar and hotel mngt did assist properly in organazing the venue hall (speakers, microphones, lights etc.etc.) and attached buffet and gala dinner. Atmosphere was good. Only sin that when we did order for toast, wine took more than twenty min. to come.
Rooms are clean and well furnished (something is a little bit dated but still well functioning).
Room service is good and prompt.
Quality of sleeping is good.
Gymnasium is big and very well equipped, with also personal trainer available, fruits and drink.
Swimming pool is big and if you are able to attend early in the morning you will not find much noisy kids(!).
Sauna and attache shower service in clean and in line with expectation for such kind of hotel.
Food is always difficult to judge beacuse of personal feeling and tasting typical of each part of the world. Anyway do not expect great western food. I had opportunity to taste good Indian food and some local told me about very good local food. Assorted finger sandwiches are delicious.

Overall very good stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This Hotel is very well located and first impressions were excellent with its spectacular lobby and great atmosphere reminiscent of another era. Despite some of the trivial shortfalls, I would stay here again and certainly recommend it. There are some things I love about this Hotel. The Pool area and its very attentive staff, breakfast which is fabulous, (great coffee and an extraordinary choice of food of all nations). The Restaurant where breakfast is served has amazing staff who should be highly praised for dealing with such a varied clientele.. Spices Restaurant I would also highly recommend. Free wifi in rooms and all public areas, really good bathrooms like most Peninsula Hotels, great pillows and unfortunately for me who loves soft beds these beds are really hard. A few pillowtops on offer may satisfy the minority like me. The rooms are fine but I did have an upgraded room so I am not sure what the standard room would be like. The in room complimentary coffee and tea are very much below standard with the coffee being almost undrinkable and the unbranded creamer should be banned . This stuff is trivial of course but these small things are easily fixed and are probably things that many travellers expect from a Hotel of this standard. This Hotel would be perfect for women travelling on their own, It is a Hotel that feels very safe and has high visible security. Lastly one word of advice to the jandal wearing brigade, this Hotel has a dress code and there is an extensive paragraph on what is acceptable. This Hotel is in a business area with many locals frequenting its restaurants and most especially large lobby area. Casual wear is fine and acceptable but shorts and flip flops only seen around the pool.

Room Tip: well away from smoking floor which I believe is level 2. Unfortunately the smoke seems to travel to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This Hotel is nice centrally located in the heart of Makati area , I can go near by mall or bank just by foot no need use taxi.. save me lots of time by get on and get off and money also. I just love their Lobby sometime they do have live music and also the great buffet and also nice spa.. if you are on business trip I will definitely recommended this hotel. from the staff to the service people in the restaurant you always can see the smile on their face ,they really make you have very pleasant stay .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel was very nice, the staff was good and the lobby and hotel is grand. The room was average though, not as great as the first impression that the hotel gives you. It's walking distance to Makati, which is great

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Hotel is well located in Business Area.

The check in and check out procedures are Hasle free.

The hotel is good and service is good as well.

The rooms are spacious and well kept. The Breakfast spread is Good.

It is highly recomended hotel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Asia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My family loved our stay in this landmark Makati hotel. First of all, I have to say that the hotel's staff and service was excellent. They were very pleasant and accommodating. They went far and beyond my expectations, even getting me the best room rates available.
The hotel's lobby was grand and comfortable with violin music, - perfect ambiance for afternoon tea or coffee.(although I did find their coffee a bit weak).
We had an event at The Salon de Ning Bar and it was fun and entertaining, providing their guests with live band music.
I tried the the Spa. Although very small, they only had 2 rooms, they gave me a very relaxing massage.
Finally, the rooms, although dated, was spacious, clean and quiet. To me that was all I wanted for my mini vacation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Buderim, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the peninsula for 4nights. It took forever (nearly 2hrs) to get to the hotel due to traffic. Told my taxi driver cousin about getting to the hotel and he said traffic could have been avoided if the hotel car drove through the sky way or toll highways, which would only take 30 mins. You would think for the amount that u pay for the private car they would go through the extra effort and pay the toll to get you to the hotel quicker. After 8hrs flight, all I wanted to do was lay down and not get stuck in traffic for 2hrs.

Hotel lobby was impressive yet it's way too busy for my liking. Restaurants and cafes should be tuck away inside the hotel and not right at the front. This hotel is a bit dated, room decor was ok, I think the pictures/art in room were abit tacky. When we arrived in our room our baggage was there waiting for us minus one suit case, goes to show how much attention they pay when u arrive. Bell boy even have to ring our room to ask which exactly is our other suit case, all our suitcases should have been labeled straight away when we got out of the hotel car!

Room service was good, 30 mins for the food to arrive and they are always on time. Food was great yet I think way too over priced.

Breakfast was great with a lot of choices. Staff were attentive. Drinks would always be served straight away. But on our last breakfast, we have finish our meal yet the drinks we ordered never came.

There were instances where our room key wouldn't work. Got someone to let us in and she said she would be back for a new key and ask reception what's wrong with our key. But she never came back and we have to ring reception for someone to sort it out.

Staff were great but sometimes just fall short, they would be really good one day and the next nothing seems to happen/get done.

After our experience at the peninsula on our first few days in makati. We never came back (after our trip to Bohol). We stayed at the manila hotel and the fairmont instead.

• Stayed July 2013
JosephArias, Manager at The Peninsula Manila, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Kb122,

We have taken note of your unpleasant experience during your recent stay at The Peninsula Manila. The service lapses you received are truly unacceptable and certainly not up to The Peninsula's normal high standards. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience and disappointment you have been caused. Corrective actions have been taken immediately to prevent occurrence of the same incidents in the future. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and we hope you would give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel the next time you visit Manila. Please do not hesitate to e-mail me at : oliverdudler@peninsula.com.

Yours sincerely,
Oliver Dudler
Hotel Manager
The Peninsula Manila

Been to The Peninsula Manila? Share your experiences!