“One year old twins had tons of fun!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Peninsula Manila

You added The Peninsula Manila to your Saves list
The Peninsula Manila
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner of Ayala and Makati Avenues, Metro Manila, Makati, Luzon 1226, Philippines   |
Ranked #4 of 72 Hotels in Makati
Manila, Philippines
“One year old twins had tons of fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed in the Peninsula for one night because we were taking our twin girls to an event in the hotel with us. Looking at the website, I didn't expect much because there didn't seem to be an open pool area for the kids to hang out in, or a play place for toddlers.
I was really surprised when we arrived because first of all, the hotel staff were great with the kids, starting with the guard when we got down from the car.
We didn't request for play pens, but since they knew we had kids with us, they were set up in the room already when we got there. The girls loved them, there were even bear duvets. There might not have been a place to play but they loved the spacious rooms. They were running around as soon as were entered the room, they also loved staring at the lobby ceiling and watching the musicians.
Aica from reception asked if our kids could have cookies and milk when she brought us up to our room, and when we said yes, they sent strawberry milk and oatmeal cookies right away. We also ordered from the kids menu and the girls loved every single thing we ordered.
We checked out today and right before checking out, they brought Peninsula teddy bears to our room. One for each daughter!
Nice spacious rooms, excellent food, and staff that really make every effort to make you feel welcome.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Dont even hesitate to stay here. Rooms are very clean, bed are comfortable and the food is outstanding. I visit 3-4 times a year staying for a week or more. The consistency of the room cleanliness is comforting after traveling half way around the world. There are several restaurants including the lobby (which is amazing for visiting, eating and business!). NIght club and late night bar on site along with casual and upscale dining. However, I like to sit at the pool and eat in the cabana. Friday they do bbq (well not like texas but OK).

You just cant go wrong with this selection as you Manila hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Limay, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

looking at the hotel, everything is very nice. my favorite part is the staircase leading to the lobby. it's very romantic. anyway, rooms are spacious, not very new, just well-maintained. they have strict security as well. Delicious buffet breakfast of any Cuisine... if you like Chinese, American, Japanese, Filipino --- name it, they have it! Custom-made omelet/ pancake was my favorite.. the downside however, is the difference in treatment of foreign and local customers. They are more welcoming, more caring, and more concerned of their white guests than those of the brown guests. i don't know, is it colonial mentality at its finest? or is this hotel really just intended for the foreigners...? i don't know. Still i'm damned proud to be Filipino.

Room Tip: don't wear your pajamas when you go out of your room. don't get lost riding on their elevat...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Millers Point
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 5 nights ..loved the hotel staff extras but for the first time in 30 years I got scammed twice ...first time was the Friday night food market in the park near the shangri la .. The scam was .. Hi remember me was on the door when you arrived at peninsula ..knew at this stage I was alone extra walked me around market showed me the food and guess what it was his daughters 4 th birthday and hotel not giving him time off extra .. Needed birthday cake extra .. Then it came can u lend mr 1500 till tomorrow I am short.. Mug me gave it too him cause I had just changed some au $ and had more than I usually carrier ..my wife when she arrived said this is classic scam on lonely planet .. Next was I went on Saturday night to greehills and got into a taxi which was dropping off .. Got round the corner he said $50 to green hills and covered his meter I had been earlier knew it around 140 p trip anyway thought. I get 150 out of wallet and have ready for quick escape .. Guess what bad light no glasses I got a 500 note instead of 100 .. Realized as I gave it to him ... No way he give back .. Anyway hotel is so good it records for you the rego number of taxi so I was able to tell my story to the taxi board.. Lesson here guests get a taxi off the rank of the hotel .. We found July 63 yr old driver who looked after us for 2 days on a rate of $350 hour .. Great and knows all about Manila.. Anyway as I said peninsulas great but the stories of Manila are true lol

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is a great hotel - service, rooms, facilities & food are all great. The hotel is centrally located & several malls are walking distance from the hotel. I have stayed in the hotel 3 times & will continue to stay/recommend the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. Huge room, great pool (lap pool for swimmers ~25m) and a nice gym.

Upgraded me and my colleagues to apartment like rooms on the 11th floor. Really nice all around. Service and bar was great. Hotel is not brand new but well maintained.

There didn't seem to be much one could walk to from the hotel, but admittedly I didn't try too hard.

• Stayed June 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Very good traditional classi Grand Hotel, wityh all bells & whistles. Bit slow on checkin (queue), The Loby, with live classic music quintet every evening, is breathtaking. Rooms are very good (though can hear elevator in room close to it, and weird beeping sound all night). Pool looks good from distance. Very central location. Free wifi. Friendly and overall fast staff

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Peninsula Manila? Share your experiences!