-All staff are polite and corteous. From the reservation officer I talked over the phone, the guards at entrance doors, lobby officers who checked us in, staff who answered and brought my request for new pillow, restaurant staff and pool lifeguard.
-I love how big our bed was!
-Elegant room design
. I appreciated the tables and other furnitures have rounded edges. I dont have to worry about my toddler running around the room to get hurt on the corners of the tables.
-Superb breakfast buffet. I would have made myself more hungry as I didn't get to enjoy each dish.
-First thing I checked when we got inside the room was the bathroom. There was no toilet bidet. :( For a 5 star hotel, I was not expecting this basic hygiene necessity to be missing. Frontdesk said, some rooms in the Suite have bidets in their bathroom. Why would you choose rooms for bidet availability? Everyone, regardless of money or stature has to wash up their 'you know what' after doing their toilet business.
-Incomplete toiletries. The other non 5star hotels give more complete set. Ours didn't even have cotton balls and disposable shaver.
-Generic or unbranded toiletries. Again, this was just my expectation for a 5 star hotel. Dusit Thani uses L'Ocittane. I'm not sure if it's dependent again on the room type you availed.
-The extra blanket and pillow in the closet smells like it has already been used. I'm guessing the previous user of the room neatly folded the blanket and pillows again and stashed it back in the closet. Housekeeping assumed it was never used so never bothered changing them to fresh linens.
- Also Known As:
- Makati Shangri-La Manila Hotel Makati
- Makati Shangri-La Manila Hotel
- Makati Shangri La Manila
- Shangri La Manila Makati
- Shangri La Makati
- Makati Shangri La
- Shangrila Makati
- Makati Shangri La Hotel
- Makati Shangri-La Manila Metro Manila
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makati Shangri-La, Manila is located at the center of Manila's most prestigious business, shopping and entertainment district. Just 20 minutes away from the international airport, this award-winning hotel offers exquisite comfort and world class luxury. From its exceptionally spacious and beautifully appointed rooms to its lavish restaurants and exciting bars, its high-speed internet access to its full-service Spa and Fitness Center, Makati Shangri-La lives up to its reputation as Manilas leading hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Makati Shangri-La Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.