“Great hotel in makati” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Makati Shangri-La Manila

Save Saved
You added Makati Shangri-La Manila to your Saves list
Makati Shangri-La Manila
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ayala Avenue Corner Makati Avenue, Makati, Luzon 1200, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Online 3+1 Offer
Ranked #2 of 66 hotels in Makati
Bali
“Great hotel in makati”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for business trip 3 night at shangri-la. It is not a cheap hotel but offers a great stay. However I need to say that the rooms need some renovation, the style a bit outdated. Location is really central with greenbelt shopping mall and rustans in walking distance. I spoke to some friends and they said that fairmont makati getting more popular, which is brand new just around the corner. As for breakfast at circles, I must admit the ”best ever breakfast“ I have seen since years, really great:)plan some time to enjoy the buffet...

• Stayed August 2013

1,280 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Too much of stereotype. But yes, I definitely will always be back at this centrally located business and leisure hotel in the metro. Shangri-La's standard have been both well-maintained and been justified for years. Service/s, food, location. Thumbs up!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Where do I even begin? We stayed in Shangri la Makati for a total of 4 nights. One thing that I will say is this hotel is in BEST location. Other hotels may be nice but you won't feel safe. Makati area is a rich area with shopping malls. Very safe just walking outside the hotel. To me this was very important.

Shangri-la Makati is trully a five-star hotel. Yes, it is to cheap but you seriously don't have to lift a finger once you enter this hotel. Everyone from bell boy to concierge where very helpful. I have to mention Lia and Joan who helped me with my reservations. They answered all my questions and where very helpful. Every worker in this hotel has smiling face to greet you. I feel as if we were celebrities. We never had to carry our luggages or worry about transportation. Shangri-la provided us with airport transfers and their own taxi service while me and boyfriend went shopping at green hills. The driver even waited for us for 3 hours while we shopped and picked up our shopping bags to store in the car while we shop more.

The breakfast was beyond amazing. Filipinos love buffets and the buffet was a plethora a food every morning. As far as rooms, we stayed at the Executive room. Clean with impressive bathrooms. The shower was really strong almost a massage on your back which I loved. Free internet inside the hotel as well.

My favorite part of the hotel is the lobby with orchestra. You have to be there around 3 pm to catch the orchestra. Have some cocktails or tea and just sit there. You will not regret staying in this hotel. Very worth the price. Very stunning with warm happy faces to make you feel like a celebrity. Again, thank you to Lia and Joan for taking care of our needs and requests during our stay. To all the Shangri La Makati employees, keep up the outstanding service!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Quezon City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

i love it.
high price. high quality of service. 5-star experience.
near shopping malls.
near mercato (night street food maket on weekends).
i just wish there was a link or bridge to a mall.
fruits everyday on the table.
excellent service - when my hands were full (coming fr the basement parking, the doorman spotted me already and helped me out until pressing the elevator button.)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Talisay City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our 4 days stay in this hotel was a pleasant one especially on the day that we arrived,a lady receptionist greeted us with a smile and assisted us in the registration and accompanied us to our room right away.Unfortunately,I've forgotten her name but to my surprise she's. not the only one who always gives service with a smile but all staff in this hotel.Aside from this,their location is so accessible to the shopping centers which my sister loved the most and plenty of restaurants to choose from and the place is very secure since you can see security personnels roaming around the area.Definitely we are staying in this hotel again when we visit Manila and highly recommend this to my friends and relatives.

Room Tip: Deluxe suite with connecting room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The welcome the staff provided was excellent. Even when they said "no" they were kind and helpful. The Rooms were GREAT on the Horizon level. The Gym was terrific. I was there during the floods. The hotel only lost power once!

Room Tip: Turn on all the lights the first night.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I always travel for business and Makati Shangrila has always been the number one choice. The people makes me choose the hotel. Margarita Napiza of Business Center made me feel like a family whenever she sees me. Her attention and personalized recognition is at top! I keep visiting her team at the Business Centre because they always had the best smiles and service is nonetheless incomparable!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Makati Shangri-La Manila? Share your experiences!