“Excellent service @ good location...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Makati Shangri-La Manila

Save Saved
You added Makati Shangri-La Manila to your Saves list
Makati Shangri-La Manila
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ayala Avenue Corner Makati Avenue, Makati, Luzon 1200, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Online 3+1 Offer
Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels in Makati
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent service @ good location...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Got the chance to go back to Makati Shangri-La after 10 years or so.
I must say the hotel is very well maintained.
Warm reception of guests when you enter the hotel.
Staff always greet and smile at all guests.
Comfortable room - traditional design & layout with nothing fanciful. But you have all you need.
Definitely recommended for business travelers like myself.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel faces the morning sun while the back faces the setting sun. Depending on pref...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel last year and booked again for a business trip. The service was exceptional and the room was spacious, clean and lovely. It's located in the heart of shopping and food. Truly amazing hospitality and service!

• Stayed February 2013
Balanga City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Shangrila hotels are among my favorites. Makati Shangrila is a great hotel in terms of service, location, event venue, breakfast. I just noticed one thing, in our room the lower portion of the marble wall of the shower cubicle has molds and mildew. Good thing the flooring is rough, otherwise it can be slippery. I didn't get the chance to call the housekeeping because I was in a hurry. I was late for my appointment. I hope Shngrila Makati will take note of this review. It's perfect hotel to stay actually. Mine is just a friendly reminder.

Lautrec, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed here over New Year and had a very good time. We ate at one of the small restaurants on the main floor to the left of the reception.

Rooms were very well set out and comfortable. We especiallly liked the size and softness of the bed.

The hotel whilst large manages to look after all its clients and all were particularly helpfull during the stay.

The common area were well presented. The garden area and the pool with bar and eating area were especially good and a welcome relief from the hussle of the city.

The evening meal was a delight and the service was crisp and timely

The only negative was the buffet breakfast which we had in the ball room.
The food was excellent very varied and several stations provided food to your specific taste.
The only problem was the size of the room did make the experience more like a canteen which was out of character to the rest of the trip.

Do not let this minor point put you off going to a really great hotel as it is well worth the visit.

Room Tip: higher floors get better views, above 10 should be ok
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This hotel really exceeded my expectations. Fine restaurants, clean and comfortable rooms, very friendly staff. In heath of Makati, the location could not be better than this. Spa is great, breakfast is more than excellent. Just cant find any bad words to say about this place.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I am getting married in April 2013, although it has not happened yet, i already have had so much stress from the staff from this hotel.
This hotel was recommended to me, and as a 5 star hotel i assumed we would be treated with 5 star service.

First issue was that I had already had a contract signed and deposit made and the staff were insisting to give priority to a tentative event that was taking place on the same day, which meant that my wedding would be pushed later than the agreed time. After asking for my deposit back, the tentative event booked was magically cancelled.

Second issue was that there were two different people handling my event, it made everything so confusing. Then when booking rooms for my guests i had to deal with 5 different people and each time they would give me a different room rate, which got more and more expensive.

When i went to the reservations desk personally to ask for a rate, the rate given to me was the cheapest at the time, and when i informed the DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT she did not want to match the rate i was given, instead gave me a group rate which was almost 2850PHP more for each room than the rate i was given. I was so disappointed as i was celebrating my wedding here and booking up to 20 rooms.

I do not understand why there are so many different rates and so many people handling one persons reservation. This is quite a let down and i am not looking forward to the failures this hotel will give me for my wedding day. I should have asked for my deposit for the whole wedding back and gone across the road to the Peninsula.

Room Tip: Try and book online on discount websites, they are cheaper and offer better deals
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Reto K, General Manager at Makati Shangri-La Manila, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Ms Estrada,

At the outset, we apologize for the misunderstanding and the confusion with regards to the room offers. I believe we were able to set this straight with you through our Events Manager last week. We have also positively considered a request you made and sent you an email yesterday as we could not reach you last Friday. We hope you will have the time to review it.

Thank you very much for your comments that allow us to improve. The team and I are committed to work with you closely to ensure that you will indeed have your dream wedding here with us in April.

Sincerely yours,
Reto Klauser
Area Manager / General Manager
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Shangri-La Makati is a beautiful hotel, the decor is classic & luxurious. We walked into a stunning room filled with rose petals (see photo) and some treats for us to enjoy. The service upheld at Shangri-La was professional, curteous and the team went above and beyond for us during our two seperate stays.

The hotel is supremely positioned to explore the city and it's shopping! Greenbelt Shopping malls are only a few minutes away.

We have stayed at Dusit Thani Manila our last time in Manila and found the rooms were noisy and the service was not consistent. We would love to return and highly recommend this Shangri-La Makati.

Room Tip: Book a Horizon Club suite - you'll enjoy a higher floor and access to all club level offerings
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Makati Shangri-La Manila? Share your experiences!