I am getting married in April 2013, although it has not happened yet, i already have had so much stress from the staff from this hotel.
This hotel was recommended to me, and as a 5 star hotel i assumed we would be treated with 5 star service.
First issue was that I had already had a contract signed and deposit made and the staff were insisting to give priority to a tentative event that was taking place on the same day, which meant that my wedding would be pushed later than the agreed time. After asking for my deposit back, the tentative event booked was magically cancelled.
Second issue was that there were two different people handling my event, it made everything so confusing. Then when booking rooms for my guests i had to deal with 5 different people and each time they would give me a different room rate, which got more and more expensive.
When i went to the reservations desk personally to ask for a rate, the rate given to me was the cheapest at the time, and when i informed the DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT she did not want to match the rate i was given, instead gave me a group rate which was almost 2850PHP more for each room than the rate i was given. I was so disappointed as i was celebrating my wedding here and booking up to 20 rooms.
I do not understand why there are so many different rates and so many people handling one persons reservation. This is quite a let down and i am not looking forward to the failures this hotel will give me for my wedding day. I should have asked for my deposit for the whole wedding back and gone across the road to the Peninsula.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makati Shangri-La, Manila is located at the center of Manila's most prestigious business, shopping and entertainment district. Just 20 minutes away from the international airport, this award-winning hotel offers exquisite comfort and world class luxury. From its exceptionally spacious and beautifully appointed rooms to its lavish restaurants and exciting bars, its high-speed internet access to its full-service Spa and Fitness Center, Makati Shangri-La lives up to its reputation as Manilas leading hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Hotel.de, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Low Cost Holidays, Otel, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Makati Shangri-La Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makati Shangri-La Manila Hotel Makati
- Shangri La Manila Makati
- Shangri La Makati
- Shangrila Makati
- Makati Shangri La Hotel
- Makati Shangri-La Manila Metro Manila