“Good !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New World Makati Hotel

Save Saved
You added New World Makati Hotel to your Saves list
New World Makati Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Esperanza Street corner Makati Avenue | Ayala Center, Makati, Luzon 1228, Philippines   |
Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Makati
Seoul, South Korea
“Good !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This was the second time I have been to Manila however this time I was with my parents so I was looking for safe and convenient accommodations. The Hotels in Malate are much cheaper and possess much better room condition but I heard many stories about the Malate area being dangerous so I decide to stay in Makati.

Thus the first thing I was considered was the location of my hotel and the New World hotel is located in a really central location. I think it is one of the best locations in Makati. You can reach the Greenbelt 3 restaurant and bar area in under a minute (it’s really just across the road) – the Greenbelt area has many entertainment options (shopping, restaurants and bars) but it’s a tourist area and thus more expensive than average Philippine prices.

The room was not special decorated, quite basic but clean and neat. The rooms do have views of the city and apparently there are rooms with views over the swimming pool view as well. I made a visit to swimming pool in one morning and found it was quiet and peaceful as it was not well widely utilised by hotel guests. The pools condition was acceptably maintained however again I found it to be unremarkable.

I found the hotel staff were polite and helpful however I did encounter problems with my check in. As I was travelling with my parents I had booked two rooms we attempted to check in a little earlier at 1pm. I was informed that I could only be given the rooms at 2:00 pm so please come back at 2:00 pm. So we came back to the reception at around 2:30pm but they had lost all my check in details and so I had complete all the check in procedures again. Except for this mishap everything else was good.

The best thing about this hotel was the fantastic breakfast. I have been to many countries and stayed at many hotels around the world but the quality of the breakfast offered by this hotel was very good for the price paid. The breakfast buffet has such a wide selection available and most items were fresh and delicious. The only exception was the sushi rolls as they were not very good but I didn’t really mind as they had so many other delicious items to tempt me. Part of their breakfast selections were 3 hot food areas where you can have personally cooked noodles, omelettes, pancakes, and waffles. These cooked to order items were all good but I recommend trying the rice noodle & breakfast pastries (ALL of the pastries tasted fabulous) and the restaurant staff responsible for making items to order were all really super kind, always smiling and friendly.

Usually my parents are really picky eaters so I was quite worried about the food in Manila however they really loved the breakfast at the New World hotel. Their favourite meals in the Philippines were always the hotel breakfasts!

So to conclude this hotel was a really good choice for our family and the hotel made our trip much more enjoyable - I really recommend you try the New world Makati hotel for yourself!!

Tip – Don’t take the taxis that waiting on the road just outside of the hotel (i.e. not ones waiting by the hotel doors) as they can be unscrupulous. There weren’t many taxis available on Sunday mornings elsewhere so we just decided to take one of the taxis from the front of the hotel. The driver took one hour to drive to Malate (obviously taking us for a ride) and pretended he doesn’t understand English when we voiced our complaints at the situation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Roseville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I have stayed here several times. The location of the hotel is great as it is across from the Greenbelt mall that has a lot of restaurants and bars and shopping. The lobby of the hotel is great and has comfortable areas for drinks and meetings.

The room is very nice. A great bed for a good night's sleep. The bathroom is very nice and luxurious with separate bath and shower. The internet is fast and easy to connect to. My only downside is it is quite expensive after the plus plus so the value is not very high, but this is Makati and you're paying for the location. The service is great. The security is a pain but pretty normal for a 5 star hotel in Manila. The pool is really nice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is my fist trip to the Phillipines. I chose this location because it is just next to Greenbelt shopping area & short distance to Landmark & Glorietta shopping malls. Stayed 3 nites with my husband. Wished I could stay another 30 nites! The only complaints (or compliments) is that they are so wonderfully friendly & helpful that I wish I can stay longer. The staff go way out to assist us in every small requests ie borrowing umbrellas from the concierge to attempting to walk us to Greenbelt carrying umbrellas for us. So sweet! Rooms are beautiful & excellent breakfast with so many choices. Massage at the spa was heavenly & the therapist is so gentle, considerate & professional. If anyone is going to Manila, please stay at New World Makati. Worth every cent spent.

Room Tip: Higher floors, cos of renovation carried out at the lobby.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Since the hotel opened I have visted every year this hotel and never dissapointed. Always friendly and helpful staff make the stay more interesting. It was nice to see the hotel getting renovated. This was due and I have no doubts the new look will add to the existing charm.
This is one of the most convinient locations and even during this rainy season you can just cross the road to all the shopping centers iand resturant in Green belt and near by other malls.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

1 . Security check upon arriving
2. Delicious breakfast and various food..
3. Room are clean and tidy but bad performance in TV signals.
4. All staff shown politely all time all day .
5. Weakness WiFi in public area,. Mobile connection were always disconnected and searched again and again so customers always asked staffs for help .

• Stayed July 2012
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

So after leaving Boracay and coming here, we hated it because of the hustle and the bustle. Do opposite of us - go to Makati then Boracay or Palawan or Cebu. :)

Anyway, if we came here first, we had no issues. We got the one bedroom suite since we had our 13 month old son with us and wanted a little more room plus it included breakfast and happy hour. OMG - that was the best part of this hotel!!! The food was so good - and a lot to choose from. We wanted bangus and they gave it to us every morning (I was preggo at the time so that's what the baby wanted). Unlimited drinks as well during the day. Ok - enough about the food.

The location was excellent for us. Right across the street from the mall. We also walked to the balakbayan store (and bought way too much) and several other places to shop around there. Getting a taxi was easy and went all over the place. Security at the entrance was decent - always checked bags when entering the hotel which made us feel more secure and they even had dogs too. But the traffic was horrendous! Maybe it's just Makati, but it always seemed to take 30 minutes to get to the hotel from a mile away. Probably the way the entrance is designed - oh well.

The pool was blah. It was shaded so much during the day that the water was freezing. I'd skip going to the pool until it was after 4. Before then, it's like jumping in a cold shower.

The room was decent. We had a one bedroom suite which was very roomy for us and clean. They even gave us a pack n play for my son as well.

So all in all, we liked it. No big complaints. Never wish we stayed somewhere else.

Room Tip: Get the room that includes breakfast!!! You won't regret it.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Oulu, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Excellent hotel with good location. Easy access to Green Belt etc. Staff is very friendly. Had executive room with lounge access but standard lounge was under renovation so think they had something temporary at the pool level. Was not too impressed with breakfast or afternoon coctail selection. In overall the rooms were nice and I liked the pool area where also service was excellent.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to New World Makati Hotel? Share your experiences!