“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Manila

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Manila to your Saves list
InterContinental Manila
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Ayala Avenue | Ayala Center, Makati, Luzon 1226, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Members Get Up to 35% Off
Ranked #16 of 66 hotels in Makati
Gurgaon, India
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a great business hotel, with a perfect location. Its also value for money. Overall a nice place to stay, in Manila. I plan to stay during my next visit. Their breakfast is excellent. The staff is very friendly too,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

658 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Korean first
Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was vacationing in the Philippines for the holidays and thought of giving myself some time off. I'm an IHG member and so I thought of booking some nights in this hotel. The location is great, walking distance to malls like Glorietta, SM and Greenbelt. You have some nightlife available to you as well. You can have drinking sessions with some buddies with just a few minutes walk. The hotel's location is quite near the airport and if you fancy trying your luck in some casinos then you have a couple of options as casino's in the Manila area is close by, Resorts World in Newport is less than 30 minutes away (if the traffic is not that heavy). Casino Filipino in Paranaque is still a doable commute or drive and the new Casinos in the bay area can easily be reached from this hotel.

The service is great, the staffs are very accommodating, from the front desk up to the housekeeping. The rooms are nice, very comfortable bed and pillows. The breakfast in the hotel is what can be expected from a 5-star hotel. The package I got has free internet but I still stand by my review (see my review of Holiday Inn Express Bahrain) of IHG hotels regarding their internet usage policy. Majority of people who stays in hotels don't bring their laptops anymore and it will be very good to provide free wifi service in the rooms.

If your on holiday in PH or you're there for business within the Makati Business District or nearby BGC or just to have some good time, this is a hotel you can stay in and will definitely enjoy it.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Jem S, Manager at InterContinental Manila, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Obet T,

Thank you very much for the kind review following your stay at InterContinental Manila. We are more than delighted to learn that you liked our location, service, rooms and breakfast offerings at the Cafe Jeepney. Your feedback serves as an inspiration for us to strive harder in meeting all our guest's needs and expectations from the InterContinental brand.

Your loyalty is very important to us. We are looking forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Intercontinental Manila has a very strategic location so close to malls and a lot of other place in makati, the business district of manila. I loved our stay there. The pool is great as well as all the other amenities living up to the Intercontinental name.

The breakfast buffet is so nice with enormous choices for your gastronomic experience including local dishes. The room is spacious and properly maintained. The beds and couch are so comfortable.

we will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jem S, Manager at InterContinental Manila, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear JoanElaine26,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Manila and for sharing a review pertaining to your stay.

I am delighted to hear that your time with us was an enjoyable experience and that you appreciate our hotel's location, facilities, breakfast buffet and room amenities. Your review about our hotel is very rewarding and encouraging.

We are certainly looking forward to hosting you again!

Warm regards,

Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Had a 2 night stay at the Intercontinental and I have to say, they won me over in the first few minutes! While checking in, the front office manager walked over and informed me that I had been chosen to be 'The Guest of the Day' and upgraded me to a Premier Deluxe room as an award. The room was absolutely gy-nor-mous! Separate sitting area, large bathroom (with a bidet - so awesome!), and a pillow menu. I went right to the pillow part and requested memory foam pillows that were delivered promptly. The stay while short was really nice, very comfortable and far worth more than the rate paid. If I had to nit-pick I would say that the breakfast wasn't among the best I have had. The juices were not fresh, the choices limited and the staff not very attentive.
But in all, I had a great stay and would surely like to stay here again and recommend it to travelers staying in a Makati hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I had chance stayed in the property for few nights, the location was great easy move around, you don't need taxi go around the near by mall or tons of restaurants near by, their jeepney buffet breakfast was great lots of food and good service, I only got disappointed during our stay we stock in the elevator for more them 45 mins , took long time finally they could able get someone to help us out , off course they hotel assistant mgr offer us a free drink or massage or free Internet for cause the suck inconvenient horrible experience so so hot no air inside the elevator , also one of nite my room Cable TV has no signal couldn't watch TV they sent the technician tried fix more then three hours then finally told us couldn't fix it if we need to switch a room at middle of the night when I just got back from stock in the elevator ..
But over all I like this hotel location, sure things always unexpected happen its part of of our life experience I just think this hotel need time for them renovate the rooms .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jem S, Manager at InterContinental Manila, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear janestark,

Thank you for taking the time to share a feedback about InterContinental Manila.

I would firstly like to apologize for the disappointing experiences you had in our hotel due to the elevators that malfunctioned and the cable TV that lost signal during your stay with us. Our Engineering Department ensures the regular check-up and upgrade of our elevators and we are very sorry that it was not able to function properly in this occasion. We have taken note of these issues as areas that requires improvement.

I understand that these were very unpleasant experiences but I am still glad to learn that you enjoyed other aspects of our hotel and I hope that you will give us an opportunity to host you again.

Should you need other concerns to be addressed, please do send us an email via manila@ihg.com or you may send me a private message here on TripAdvisor.

Thank you once again for choosing InterContinental Manila. We hope to see you soon!

Jem S
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

just completed a two week stay in this hotel, service was superb from the concierge onwards. i spent most nights eating in jeepneys and did not try the buffet dinner until the last night of my stay, the food was just ok other than the sushi which was brilliant!!!, breakfast at jeepneys was excellent and i would like to say how impressed i was by two of your team one named Michelle and the other ( a hotel trainee manager named Sarah) they are both a credit to your hotel, of course all the other team members were also great. My room was fine,very compact but hey i only needed a bed and a clean bathroom and got both, pool was good and again i would like to mention one of your team named Joel great service and always a welcome smile.
I would like to suggest that to increase patronage in the evening at "jeepneys" that a better quality and selection of food be offered together with a reduced cost factor or failing that a reduced price say after 9 pm, ( most nights i was often the only guest) I speak from experience as the ex F and B director of the Sydney Hilton Hotel 1975 -1978.

Room Tip: choose a room overlooking the pool but away from the elevators, also a higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear SydneySeadog,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Manila and for taking the time to write a review about your 2-week stay.

I am glad to learn that you had an overall pleasant lodging experience in our hotel particularly due to the service that you received from my colleagues. I am also happy to learn that you enjoyed the sushi spread that we have at the Cafe Jeepney, as well as our hotel's other facilities. The management has duly taken note of your comments and suggestions for our hotel's improvement.

Should you have further concerns that need to be addressed, please drop me a private message here on TripAdvisor or you may opt to send us an email via manila@ihg.com.

We hope to welcome you again at InterContinental Manila.

See you soon and kind regards,

Jem S
Craigieburn, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

At one time the InterContinental Makati would have been the primer hotel in the area. Now the public areas and Club Lounge are still of a great standard but the rooms are getting a bit "tired" and are in need of modernisation. That's the bad bit.

Now for the part that makes me keep coming back. I have now stayed at the IC Makati 4 or 5 times and the service has always been unparalleled but the difference was clear from my second stay. From then until my current stay I have always been greeted by name (I was asked what I prefer to be called on my first stay and haven't been asked since), always asked about minor social issues that were previously discussed, always been treated with professionalism and genuine affection, and have always been looked after in a very, very generous and impressive way. The entire staff are fantastic but, in addition to the Club Lounge administrative ladies, the star performers are Ms Dizon (the Club Manager) and both Tara and Angelo (Butlers in the Lounge). I often compliment exceptional staff that I encounter but these people are simply amazing! I can only hope that one day I will win the lottery and have enough money to buy a hotel and poach them!

Great work everyone! Talk the GM into making the rooms match the quality of the staff and you'll be back on top. Either way, your beautiful smiles, great generosity and amazing professionalism will keep me coming back.

Room Tip: Get a Club Room! It's well worth the cost (if it's not otherwise included in your rate).
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Jem S, Manager at InterContinental Manila, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear medic51vrf,

Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback about your stay at InterContinental Manila.

We are more than happy to learn that you enjoyed your experience in the hotel. Your loyalty is very important to all of us and we have noted your comment about the rooms as an area of improvement. I have also personally shared your feedback to my colleagues assigned in the Club Lounge and everyone appreciates your encouraging review.

On behalf of the whole InterContinental Manila Team, we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel to host you. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Warm regards,

Distribution and Relationship Marketing Manager

Been to InterContinental Manila? Share your experiences!