I spent 4 nights here for about PHP8,000 per night. In general, the hardware was absolutely NOT up to Intercon standard but the service was ok. This tired property is significantly cheaper than other 5-star hotels in Makati for a reason.
My reservation clearly showed me that I had a double bed room but I was told that there was no more double bed room. After repeated requests, I was given one. However, there was some problem with the toilet seat which couldn't be fixed and I was upgraded to a suite.
The condition of the room (both the standard room and suite) indicated that the latest renovation was done at least 15 years ago. The bed sheet and the pillows looked very old as well.
This hotel has the worst gym ever for a 4/5-star property. On the second night, I went to the gym (seems to be outsourced) at about 7pm. The tiny gym was filled with a lot of customers. About 40-50 women were having a dancing class with very loud music. There were queues for the equipment and I could barely find a space to stand. On another night at about 10pm, I went there again and found that one jogging machine was free. Some parts are broken, for instance, the cover of the fan was missing. When I started jogging, I heard some weird sound as well. I couldn't bear the noisy environment together with the broken equipment and I left the gym after 5 minutes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed by National Artist Leandro Locsin, InterContinental Manila is a symbol of pride in the Philippines' premier financial and commercial hub-Makati City. The hotel is across the Greenbelt and Glorietta shopping and entertainment districts and is easily accessible from Ninoy Aquino International Airport. Our 332 guestrooms and suites boast every comfort for an enjoyable and unforgettable visit. The latest technology including in-room high speed Internet access and Wi-Fi in public spaces is sure to please business or leisure travellers. For guests looking for extra space and added comfort, our Club InterContinental rooms are available and offer special privileges such as a Club Lounge for private check-in and check-out, sumptuous breakfast, afternoon tea service, evening cocktails and a selection of international newspapers and magazines. The Club InterContinental Lounge at the top floor offers a breathtaking view of Makati and the nearby Bonifacio Global City. InterContinental Manila offers one of the largest conference and meeting facilities in the city and has a well-established reputation for delivering the highest standards of excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your InterContinental Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Manila Hotel Makati
- Intercontinental Hotel Manila
- Intercontinental Hotel Makati
- Intercon Manila
- InterContinental Manila Makati, Metro Manila