I stayed two nights in early March. In the heart of Makati, just a one or two minute walk to assorted malls of Glorietta and the Green Belt. This means that there are heaps of shops, restaurants, bars and of course...ATMs. ^^ The hotel itself is a bit dated...but still really nice with great service and super clean. Complimentary turndown service with slippers and fruit...even for the regular room rate was a nice change from the Hilton brands which I usually stay with...(as you only get that service in Executive rooms with Hilton).
Moreover, the hotel has a club on the 1st floor (near the pool) called Icon. It gets super busy around midnight and packed with the mid 20s to early 30s crowd of well heeled Filipinos and tourists alike. The buffet breakfast was really great as well with a HUGE assortment of food (everything from typical breakfast fare to lunch items).
Location - seriously...you want to stay in Makati if visiting.
Club Icon - for the hip
Breakfast - super extensive
None...all around a great place.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Manila Hotel Makati
- Intercontinental Manila Hotel
- Intercontinental Hotel Manila
- Intercontinental Hotel Makati
- Intercon Manila
- InterContinental Manila Makati, Metro Manila
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A LANDMARK HOTEL IN THE PHILIPPINES' PREMIERE METROPOLIS. Designed by National Artist Leandro Locsin, InterContinental Manila is a symbol of pride in the Philippines' premier financial and commercial hub-Makati City. The hotel is across the Greenbelt and Glorietta shopping and entertainment districts and is easily accessible from Ninoy Aquino International Airport. Our 332 guestrooms and suites boast every comfort for an enjoyable and unforgettable visit. The latest technology including in-room high speed Internet access and Wi-Fi in public spaces is sure to please business or leisure travellers. For guests looking for extra space and added comfort, our Club InterContinental rooms are available and offer special privileges such as a Club Lounge for private check-in and check-out, sumptuous breakfast, afternoon tea service, evening cocktails and a selection of international newspapers and magazines. The Club InterContinental Lounge at the top floor offers a breathtaking view of Makati and the nearby Bonifacio Global City. InterContinental Manila offers one of the largest conference and meeting facilities in the city and has a well-established reputation for delivering the highest standards of excellence. For leisure time, we recommend a visit to the nearby Ayala Museum and the walled city of Intramuros. The island fortress of Corregidor is also a worthwhile outing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.