“Better” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Manila

You added InterContinental Manila to your Saves list
InterContinental Manila
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Ayala Avenue | Ayala Center, Makati, Luzon 1226, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #21 of 74 Hotels in Makati
Nashville, TN USA
“Better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This was my first visit since the room renovations were scheduled to be completed.
I have to admit, that compared to my last visit, my room this time was clearly updated and completely satisfactory.
The room fixtures were all updated and the paint was fresh and the carpets seemed better.
The bathroom was probably not as noticeably updated, but it was well maintained and very clean.
As I saw from other recent comments and my last stay, the check in process was quite long and I cannot really understand what takes so long. Clearly an opportunity though as the staff seem aware of the time and made apologies for the delay.

The air conditioning worked well, but I felt it was hard to get the right balance.
My colleague and I did enjoy the breakfast buffet, but the morning chats ended up discussing the problems with his room each day as he felt his was not yet renovated and had hot water problems at times.
We both laughed as the Orange juice dispenser was consistently too slow to fill a glass each day and this became our memory of breakfast.
This time, the room rate included the internet, so I was happy.
The bed was very very comfortable.

One comment- the hotel car cost from the airport is a bit high. I used it for my arrival in the past, but now I feel ok to use the regular taxis most of the time now which cost 1/3 or less of the hotel.
A new visitor should use the hotel option.
Overall, I will stay here in the future as the location is ideal, but the renovations completed should be considered just phase 1 by the hotel (I hope).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Christopher_Wichlan, Manager at InterContinental Manila, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear pine129,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind feedback and comments on TripAdvisor. Thank you for staying with us and it is our pleasure to welcome you back at InterContinental Manila.

It is most rewarding to learn that the efforts we have made in our rooms, facilities and services are appreciated by our guests.

Again, thank you for your kind remarks and we will be more than glad to welcome you back.

InterContinental Manila

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I recently stayed at the intercontinental Manila for 18 days on business.

The location is perfect, with the hotel surrounded by Glorietta and Greenbelt an easy walk away.

The staff were lovely, as you would expect from a hotel in the Philippines. In particular, Germin from reception was extremely helpful.

The decore is a little dated as others have noted, but this is more than made up for by the excellent pool area and food options.

Overall I had an excellent stay and would highly recommend the intercontinental Manila.

• Stayed August 2012
Christopher_Wichlan, Manager at InterContinental Manila, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to convey your comments on us.

I am happy to note that InterContinental Manila was your hotel of choice in Manila during your business trip and you have enjoyed your 18-day stay here. We are grateful that you appreciated our strategic location being situated at the heart of the business district.

Your recognition of our staff service and Germin from Guest Services is highly appreciated. We will definitely convey your great message to her.

Thank you once again. We look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

stayed for 2 nights on business Aug 30-31 mainly to take advantage of my Ambassador club membership..check-in was smooth and they reduced the room rate to provide me Ambassador perks ..the room itself was a disaster as it had not been renovated in ages and the carpet was smelly and peeling off..Ambasador club lounge food was a disaster too..overall need to update a flagship product in the central business district otherwise better quality customers will stay away..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Christopher_Wichlan, Manager at InterContinental Manila, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your valuable insights on InterContinental Manila.

I am deeply bothered to learn about the shortfalls on some of our products and services during your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that these might have brought you.

While I acknowledge your dissatisfaction, let me assure you that the management treats this matter with serious attention. In this regard, may we request for your additional reservation details for this particular stay to help us address these concerns further. Please feel free to send us a private message through this TripAdvisor account.

Again our sincerest apologies and we look forward to hearing from you.

InterContinetal Manila
KL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have stayed at the hotel on a number of occasions and always pleased with the stndard of the rooms and sevice. I stayed in a Club room with access to the Lounge. The room was large with a well equipped bathroom and free WiFi. The breakfast and eveing cocktails are of a high standard. All the staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

The Prince Albert restaurant offers excellent food in a pleasant atmosphere.

Dear Mr. Robert R,

We are truly happy to know that we have succeeded in creating a memorable experience for you and great to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and service.

Thank you once again. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

After paying over US150 a night I can not believe a hotel would still want to charge PHP500/USD12 for 1 hour of internet. If you go the cafe you need to spend PHP100 to get a 1 hour free internet usage. COME on WAKE UP and SMELL the Coffee!!!! It is no wonder why the Shangri-la has been wiping this hotel to oblivion.

Bathroom is SMALL, so if you are big stay away. Bed is sagging already and needs to be replaced.

Yes, the staff are good, but that is in most places in the Philippines anyways. I would not even give this hotel a 3 star rating.

Dear Guest,

It is with great distress to learn about your dissatisfaction on some of our product offerings and facilities. Please accept my sincerest apologies if these caused you any inconvenience or negative impression.

It is InterContinental Manila's goal to provide excellent service and topnotch products to our guests each time and we regret we fell short of our aim this time. We treat this matter seriously and we would like to further address your concerns. In this regard, may we request for your reservation details for this particular stay which send us through private messaging to this TripAdvisor account.

Furthermore, I would like to inform you that the hotel has 8 different room types that we will be glad to introduce to you to determine a match to your requirement and preference.

Your patronage and support is very important to us. I shall look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards and sincerest apologies,

Kampala, Uganda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

The staff at the hotel are one of the best i have ever met- right from the entrance to the reception to the rooms- everyone is always smiling and asking how they can help. The beds and pillows are great and pretty clean. It is the bathrooms which are a little small but the great is generally great

Dear Mr. Robert O,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.com.

I am deeply grateful that InterContinental Manila is your lodging of choice here in Asia. Here at the property, we always strive to keep the genuine and sincere Filipino hospitality alive. Receiving such a warm review from you that our staff are one of the best you've met will surely inspire each and everyone of our team in outdoing ourselves everyday.

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed at this InterCon for 2 nights at the Junior Suite. My sister and I shared a suite, while my parents were in another. It was a large room for the both of us. The room was clean, as was the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and the view of the pool and sprawling Manila was great. We had breakfast and dinner at the restaurant in the lobby, and it was delicious. The hotel is walking distance from the Greenbelt and Glorietta malls, which gives you more options for dining than just the hotel restaurant. We had a great experience and, we would love to stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Christopher_Wichlan, Manager at InterContinental Manila, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Ms. Denise S,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments on us. I am happy to note that you have enjoyed your stay here. We are also delighted that you appreciated our restaurant and strategic location being situated at the heart of the business district.

Your patronage to InterContinental Manila is very much valued and we look forward to welcoming you back!

With best regards,