This was my first visit since the room renovations were scheduled to be completed.
I have to admit, that compared to my last visit, my room this time was clearly updated and completely satisfactory.
The room fixtures were all updated and the paint was fresh and the carpets seemed better.
The bathroom was probably not as noticeably updated, but it was well maintained and very clean.
As I saw from other recent comments and my last stay, the check in process was quite long and I cannot really understand what takes so long. Clearly an opportunity though as the staff seem aware of the time and made apologies for the delay.
The air conditioning worked well, but I felt it was hard to get the right balance.
My colleague and I did enjoy the breakfast buffet, but the morning chats ended up discussing the problems with his room each day as he felt his was not yet renovated and had hot water problems at times.
We both laughed as the Orange juice dispenser was consistently too slow to fill a glass each day and this became our memory of breakfast.
This time, the room rate included the internet, so I was happy.
The bed was very very comfortable.
One comment- the hotel car cost from the airport is a bit high. I used it for my arrival in the past, but now I feel ok to use the regular taxis most of the time now which cost 1/3 or less of the hotel.
A new visitor should use the hotel option.
Overall, I will stay here in the future as the location is ideal, but the renovations completed should be considered just phase 1 by the hotel (I hope).
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Manila Hotel Makati
- Intercontinental Manila Hotel
- Intercontinental Hotel Manila
- Intercontinental Hotel Makati
- Intercon Manila
- InterContinental Manila Makati, Metro Manila
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A LANDMARK HOTEL IN THE PHILIPPINES' PREMIERE METROPOLIS. Designed by National Artist Leandro Locsin, InterContinental Manila is a symbol of pride in the Philippines' premier financial and commercial hub-Makati City. The hotel is across the Greenbelt and Glorietta shopping and entertainment districts and is easily accessible from Ninoy Aquino International Airport. Our 332 guestrooms and suites boast every comfort for an enjoyable and unforgettable visit. The latest technology including in-room high speed Internet access and Wi-Fi in public spaces is sure to please business or leisure travellers. For guests looking for extra space and added comfort, our Club InterContinental rooms are available and offer special privileges such as a Club Lounge for private check-in and check-out, sumptuous breakfast, afternoon tea service, evening cocktails and a selection of international newspapers and magazines. The Club InterContinental Lounge at the top floor offers a breathtaking view of Makati and the nearby Bonifacio Global City. InterContinental Manila offers one of the largest conference and meeting facilities in the city and has a well-established reputation for delivering the highest standards of excellence. For leisure time, we recommend a visit to the nearby Ayala Museum and the walled city of Intramuros. The island fortress of Corregidor is also a worthwhile outing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.