I statyed twice in a 7 days and so my expeirence is a combination of both stays.
Clearly the staff are friendly and attentive.
The hotel announced that the probably long overdue refurbishment just startedm but it did not have any impact on my stays.
Check in and out is a very long process as mentioned in other review. I am not sure why. Staff regularly apoligized for my wait so they realize there is a problem, so now when will this be corrected?
I was upgraded to a junior suite so size was great.
Hallways and rooms were very very much in need of upgrades. I had poor feelings until I saw the notice the work as begun. My room was very dated and carpets and furniture were worn.
They charge for internet at 800 peso per day and speed is not great. This irks me.
Security outside the hotel is large, but why so much in the lobby?
Bed was very comfortable and I slept well.
Breakfast buffet was satisfactory.
The hotel car costs are crazy and as mentioned by others the yellow cabs are fine for many trips for major savings.
The location keeps me and my company coming back. I am looking forward to my next visit afetr the refurbishment is completed in August.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A LANDMARK HOTEL IN THE PHILIPPINES' PREMIERE METROPOLIS. Designed by National Artist Leandro Locsin, InterContinental Manila is a symbol of pride in the Philippines' premier financial and commercial hub-Makati City. The hotel is across the Greenbelt and Glorietta shopping and entertainment districts and is easily accessible from Ninoy Aquino International Airport. Our 332 guestrooms and suites boast every comfort for an enjoyable and unforgettable visit. The latest technology including in-room high speed Internet access and Wi-Fi in public spaces is sure to please business or leisure travellers. For guests looking for extra space and added comfort, our Club InterContinental rooms are available and offer special privileges such as a Club Lounge for private check-in and check-out, sumptuous breakfast, afternoon tea service, evening cocktails and a selection of international newspapers and magazines. The Club InterContinental Lounge at the top floor offers a breathtaking view of Makati and the nearby Bonifacio Global City. InterContinental Manila offers one of the largest conference and meeting facilities in the city and has a well-established reputation for delivering the highest standards of excellence. For leisure time, we recommend a visit to the nearby Ayala Museum and the walled city of Intramuros. The island fortress of Corregidor is also a worthwhile outing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Otel and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Manila Hotel Makati
- Intercontinental Hotel Manila
- Intercontinental Hotel Makati
- Intercon Manila
- InterContinental Manila Makati, Metro Manila