My first stay at this location.The previous reviewers often commented positively in the staff and the location. No question- staff are fantastic and location is great for business or leisure.
Security at entrance is very tight as is typical of Manila.
Sadly, I did not receive a room upgrade for my status with the hotel. I found my standard room to exactly what I would expect from a Holiday Inn, but not the premier brand Intercontinental.
Example - a rather smallish 32" flat screen compared to similar hotels. My alarm clock was a traditional old fashioned radio alarm clock, but most of my stays in any hotels lately include a docking station for iPod,MP3 player etc.
The TV was set for wrong resolution and all words on bottom of screen was lost. It took some time to get that corrected.
Bathroom was cramped and dated. Bathtub was much older than the rest of the room.
Room lighting was all wall or floor fixtures- it was adequate, but lacked the contemporary feeling if many 4 & 5 star hotels.
Same with the bed- looked nice, but was just ok.
I was so angry to have a 800 peso (@$20) fee for internet, when Holidays Inns website now promotes all hotels have internet included. I guess I have to downgrade to Holiday Inn to get this service.
Car service provided by hotel was close to double other hotels I have used recently, so I took a meter taxi for 25% of hotel car.
Service at bar overlooking the pool - missing items on drink order and excessive time for snack food, but again great staff attitude.
The pool is large and popular.
Summary - I might give this hotel another try...maybe, but personally the dated rooms did not impress me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A LANDMARK HOTEL IN THE PHILIPPINES' PREMIERE METROPOLIS. Designed by National Artist Leandro Locsin, InterContinental Manila is a symbol of pride in the Philippines' premier financial and commercial hub-Makati City. The hotel is across the Greenbelt and Glorietta shopping and entertainment districts and is easily accessible from Ninoy Aquino International Airport. Our 332 guestrooms and suites boast every comfort for an enjoyable and unforgettable visit. The latest technology including in-room high speed Internet access and Wi-Fi in public spaces is sure to please business or leisure travellers. For guests looking for extra space and added comfort, our Club InterContinental rooms are available and offer special privileges such as a Club Lounge for private check-in and check-out, sumptuous breakfast, afternoon tea service, evening cocktails and a selection of international newspapers and magazines. The Club InterContinental Lounge at the top floor offers a breathtaking view of Makati and the nearby Bonifacio Global City. InterContinental Manila offers one of the largest conference and meeting facilities in the city and has a well-established reputation for delivering the highest standards of excellence. For leisure time, we recommend a visit to the nearby Ayala Museum and the walled city of Intramuros. The island fortress of Corregidor is also a worthwhile outing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Despegar.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Manila Hotel Makati
- Intercontinental Hotel Manila
- Intercontinental Hotel Makati
- Intercon Manila
- InterContinental Manila Makati, Metro Manila