“Excellent staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of VIP Suite

You added VIP Suite to your Saves list
VIP Suite
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1847 K & K Bldg., Evangelista St. | Pio del Pilar, Makati, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #24 of 72 Hotels in Makati
Zurich, Switzerland
“Excellent staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I had booked a suite three nights through agoda but upon arrival I realized I needed to change my plans. Main reason was that there was no restaurant at, or close to, the hotel open after 4 pm. I was sick and did not feel like moving around a lot. Maybe I this information was available somewhere but I has missed it.

Anyway, I contacted the staff who got in contact with hotel management. No fuzz, no problem! Even if the booking was not refundable according to the booking T&C. Great to see service minded management and staff. Also, all spoke flawless English.

The hotel itself was clean, modern and seemed very well kept. WIFI was fast and worked well. Can´t say I cared much for the executive suite though. Big enough sure, but no window (!), felt like a prison. TV had poor signal and only got decent reception on few channels. Had breakfast the next morning. Acceptable but with a limited small selection, and the coffee was not up to standards. I usually stay at pricier places with huge selections, so my perception is probably a bit skewed though. For the low price I am sure I got value for money.

All in all, would recommend. The service from both staff and management was perfect and very friendly.

Room Tip: Avoid the executive suite I got if you want a woom with a window
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Villejim, Manager at VIP Suite, responded to this review, September 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are happy to read that you are satisfied with your stay here at V.I.P. Suite Hotel. We thank you for spending your time for this review.

V.I.P. Suite Management and Staffs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Close to airport.
Less than 100 peso one way non peak.
Room have no windows so felt claustrophobic.
Great massage downstairs. Reasonable price and best massage available.
No dining options but went to wally mall a block or two away for Pizza Hit

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Villejim, Manager at VIP Suite, responded to this review, September 19, 2014

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I booked this hotel based on the reviews. It was much better than I expected. The room and bathroom are modern and comfortable. The staff are very helpful from the people in the desk to the security guards. The spa was great too. This hotel is unknown to the locals so tell the taxi driver VIP hotel by Evangelista street. The location is very convenient about 15-20 mins from the airport and the Makati malls. The only negative I can think of was the tocino breakfast. I miss Filipino food so I ordered this but it was so bland and did not taste like tocino at all. A huge plus though is you can request to have them bring your made to order breakfast to your room. This is a great hotel for the price. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Villejim, Manager at VIP Suite, responded to this review, March 28, 2014

Orebro, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I had booked a double-room without breakfast because there are many eateries & restaurants nearby. The price & location itself is hard to beat esp. within the vicinity of Makati,a commercial hub or tourist area of Metro Manila. The hotel or frontdesk is on the 2nd floor and ground floor is for breakfast and a spa center. Do not be afraid of the surroundings round this hotel as it is safe for tourists or foreigners with guards providing an incredible job,helping hotel-guests with taxis & parkings in front of hotel & a very polite & helpful staff,one would not be disappointed. The bathroom is modern & clean with nice toiletries,room is spacious & the bed is comfortable,even a bath-robe & slippers are provided. Though this hotel is not 5 stars graded,4 stars should be alright and I would recommend it to others where it is quite near to airports & city centre.

Villejim, Manager at VIP Suite, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. We hope that your stay was pleasant and that our accommodations and services were acceptable to you. Please email vipsuite@yahoo.com to let us know if there's any ways that we might make improvements in the accommodations and services for our guests.
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Ive stayed here several times for the price and location in makati its hard to beat the quality of this hotel. The hotel doesnt have 5 star fancy ammenties but the rooms are nice big by manila standards in this location and the bathroom is modern and updated. They have nice toiletries as well and even provide a robe and slipper. The front desk is on the second flr but dont be thrown off by that you wont be disappointed. The staff went out of their way to help me in any way including finding places for me to order delivery. The security guards out front secure taxis for you on the street. Whenever im in manila i dont hesitate to book this hotel. They provide 2 free breakfasts per room and tge breakfast is quality american or filipino break fast with fruit a juice or coffee and things like tocino eggs or ham toast. Whoever is running this business is doing a great job and that is extremely refreshing to see inthe Philippines

Room Tip: Tell cab driver to go toward evangelista st & arnaiz where 7 elevn is on the corner. Then head d...
Seongnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

While the area around the hotel looks a bit shady, it is very close to the airport. Not much is near the hotel. Greenbelt Mall is about a 25 min walk or a short cab ride. A decent size Mini Mart is right next it though. Room is very spacious with a comfortable bed and decent size bathroom. The hotel looks a lot nicer inside than outside. Staff are very professional and were helpful. Decent breakfast that is cooked to order is included. It was perfect for my one night layover in Manila. Don’t think it’d be a good base for a multi-day trip in Manila as most sights are a good distance away.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We weren't in Manila to explore the city. We just needed a cheap, comfortable place to spend one night in between flights and VIP fit the bill perfectly. The hotel is located in a busy working class neighborhood; the main advantage of the location is its relative proximity to the airport. It took the taxi about 30-40 minutes during rush hour do get to the hotel, however the next morning, in lighter traffic, we got back to the airport in under 10 minutes.

The room was very clean and comfortable, the AC and wifi worked well, and the flatscreen TV was surprisingly large. Best of all, this hotel is actually very cheap considering the quality of the service and amenities. The restaurant wasn't great - your typical Filipino hotel fare, nothing special. I'm not sure how well this hotel is situated in relation to nightlife, tourist landmarks etc. but for one night it was ideal.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Villejim, Manager at VIP Suite, responded to this review, March 24, 2014

Been to VIP Suite? Share your experiences!