“Stylish small hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of VIP Suite

Save Saved
You added VIP Suite to your Saves list
VIP Suite
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1847 K & K Bldg., Evangelista St. | Pio del Pilar, Makati, Luzon, Philippines   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #13 of 64 hotels in Makati
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Stylish small hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

It's a small hotel with small rooms and having said this, the rest was marvelous. My room was neat and tidy, modern and nicely designed. The staff is friendly, service minded and real gentle. The hotel is located in a typical 'Philippine' area. Airport or malls or touristic sites can be easily reached by taxi. Excellent for traveling friends or couples, or solo. There are no windows in the rooms and my room had some repeating noise of a kind of a machinery outside though I haven't felt these things as a problem as long as I'ld stay only for a day or a couple of days.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Villejim, Manager at VIP Suite, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. This review will help us improve our accommodations and services more acceptable to our guest. We hope to see you again.

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ipoh, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Small rooms, nicely appointed and clean. Near airport, poor neighborhood, so best for layovers.
Staff tends to be helpful. Have address with you for taxi. Comfortable, but room did not have window and doubt there is much to see on area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Villejim, Manager at VIP Suite, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Nagoya, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I booked here based on the Trip Advisor reviews. I've stayed at other Manila area hotels and wanted to give this one a try. I am picky about my hotels. I wasn't disappointed.
The room appeared modern and perhaps even recently updated. The floors were clean, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was large enough for me, as well as being well taken care of; no mold, no plugged drains.
The tv was rather dated, but that was about the only thing about the room that wasn't excellent. The wi-fi in the room was strong enough to stream video.
There were no windows for my room, which made it easier to sleep. There was a bit of noise around 5:30am and I mentioned this to the staff (and perhaps a gentleman who was the manager). They apologized profusely, and that was good enough for me.
The breakfast which was included with the room was good. The little cafe on the ground floor was empty except for me. The breakfast came out promptly, was hot and very tasty.
The staff were all very attentive. From the security guard in front of the hotel, to the bell-hop to the check in staff.
All in all, I could see myself staying here again. I think for the price, it was about the best value I've experienced with a hotel.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep, make sure the room as no windows. Its a busy neighborhood during the day and t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Udaipur, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

With its fine furnishings and elegant interiors the VIP Suites Apartelle is a real pleasant surprise. Although being situated in a not so nice light-industrial or automobile spare parts area, once to enter it you will realize the main difference. The staffs are extremely pleasant and just wait and watch how they will welcome you during check in!! Rooms might be considered small but they are designed with plenty of drawers and storage. The bed was very comfortable, the sheets and towels were soft and smooth. . Bathroom is tiny but clean. Safe lock, AC and TV are comfortable. They have a great spa and cafe on the ground floor. There is also a mini stop next door which is very convenient. The complimentary breakfast was good with lots of choices. Hats off to the doorman who flag down a metered taxi for your travels! I wish the management should provide free drinking water bottles and a free internet hub at the lobby/reception area for those tourists who travel without laptops!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We read the reviews, booked a room online and were stunned when we arrived! We have honestly stayed at 5 stars that did not provide as good a service. Our room was nice, clean and maintained perfectly every day. The staff were exceptional; always helpful and pleasant. They provided me with printing and scanning service at all hours. Wifi in the rooms was good with only occasional interruptions. Restaurant is very small but the food was fine. Convenience store next door. If your agile and fleet of foot when crossing Manila roadways.......you will find the Greenbelt Shopping area to be about a 20 minute walk; otherwise have the doorman flag down a metered taxi for your travels.

Room Tip: The standard double room we booked for the lowest price has no windows. But if you're just sleep...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Taichung, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Nicely decorated hotel with very good value for the price.
Staff is super. One of the most attentive staffs we have ever seen anywhere.
The neighborhood is not that good, lots of auto repair and parts stores.
I would not recommend going out very late at night, but that is true of Manila in general.
There is not that much in walking distance except a day market which was interesting,
but we did not really explore due to a lack of time.
Our group had picked this place largely because they had a sauna.
The staff was very considerate to arrange early saunas before our tournament.
The complimentary breakfast was good with lots of choices done just as we wanted it.
Many in our group had their breakfast by room service, and the staff seemed happy to do this.
Some also packed their breakfast to go which was cheerfully done.
I liked easily going next door to the Mini-stop 24 hour convenience store and there is a 7-11 not far away. There is also a good barbeque chicken place at the end of the street across from the 7-11. Great tasting protein at a cheap price.
Don't hesitate to ask the staff for tips on where to go and how.

Room Tip: The street side wasn't that noisy at night but early morning had a lot of traffic. If you are a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Quezon City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed here for two nights as i had some business in Makati. I stayed in the cheapest room that they had for 2,600 per night. (Standard Room). This already included free wifi (very fast), complimentary local calls and breakfast for two.

The name says it all. VIP Suites. The place is not large however the room was very nice. Wooden floors and furniture, an electronic safe, a very tasteful bathroom. The bed was very comfortable, the sheets and duvet were soft and smooth, you can tell that they had a high thread count. Basically 5 star amenities at a fraction of the cost.

I was very surprised with this place. I was glad that area is far from the red light district and its only a 10 min taxi ride to Greenbelt/Glorietta. Another thing that is great about this place is that they have a spa and cafe on the ground floor. There is also a mini stop next door which is very convinient. I will definately stay here again the next time in in Makati.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to VIP Suite? Share your experiences!