“Most memorable stay at Guijo Suites Makati” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Guijo Suites Makati

You added Guijo Suites Makati to your Saves list
Guijo Suites Makati
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7644 Guijo Street | San Antonio Village, Makati, Luzon 1203, Philippines   |
Ranked #18 of 72 Hotels in Makati
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Most memorable stay at Guijo Suites Makati”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed at Guijo Suites in Makati, for two days when i arrived in Manila, and for a day when i departed to go home. I found my stay most memorable, due to the friendliness of the staff, and the ambience of the interior of the hotel. The rooms have airconditioning in the lounge and both bedrooms. (It's hot in the Philippines and an airconditioner is a plus) The bathroom is spacious and the rooms are clean. It's great value for money and a safe hotel to stay in. The friendliness of the staff stood out for me, they were genuinly interested in making sure that my fiancee, her aunt and I, enjoyed our stay. I can't single anyone out, but the doormen are very helpful, from getting a taxi for us, and the service with a smile. The morning breakfast from 6am to 10am is a must have, as i so enjoyed the variety on offer. (cerial, tea, coffee, fish, salad, bread, vermicilly noodles, fruit, ham slices etc) Many other foreigners frequent Guijo Suites, as it's due to the excellent customer service they provide. It is also walking distance from Chowking, and other eateries. It's not to far from Greenbelt and SM mall, my advice is don't pack too much luguage, as you will end up buying so much items, since the prices are so good. I'll remember the hotel as twin hotels, as Guijo Suites occupies two building directly opposite each other, separated by a road. You will also notice a blue Ford Mustang parked outside the hotel, it's a beauty :) My only issue was on my second visit to Guijo Suites, was that the blankets my now wife and i slept in made us itch a lot. Otherwise, everything was great. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Manila, you will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Polish first
Sagay City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I had to book an overnight stay because my flight going back home was not on until the next day. This was the most affordable nice hotel I could find in Makati that was not near the red light district. This was also recommended to me by a friend. There was no other nice hotel near the airport that was affordable enough. I also had to meet a friend in Makati that night so it was more convenient.

I didn't have any problems at all. I got what I paid for. There is a gate on the other end of the street, but the security guards were very helpful in calling a taxi for me at 4 in the morning.

And the bottled water from the minibar was only P25!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Guijo Suites exceeded my expectations. It was reasonably priced, the furnishings were of a high standard, it was exceptionally clean and the staff were friendly and accomodating.

The location is a little bit away from central makati but the hotel feels very secure as the road in which it is situated is closed off with locked gates in the evening.

The rooms are not very large but still feel comfortable and relaxing. I would highly recommend this hotel.

The only negative was that, in my opinion, the food served at the hotel was overpriced.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dresden, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This is a lovely little hotel with very friendly staff and very comfortable rooms in Makati city. The restaurant-cafe has a variety of options and really nice fresh fruit juices. The wifi both in the rooms and the lobby is excellent. The room I stayed in was on the fifth floor and although it had no view, it was very quiet. The aircon was also very reliable. I would definitely recommend it.

Stayed July 2014
Bacolod, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My mother and I arrived at the hotel 4 hours before our check in time but the staff git the room ready by 12.30pm. Our room had a double bed and a single bed, not quite spacious but it was a bang for the buck considering the location of the hotel in makati. the bed was comfortable and wifi was fast, there was cooler and complimentary bottled waters given. There was also a small sofa for us to lounge on. there was also free breakfast but not that mouthwatering. Bad thing though, even the hotel was near to ayala avenue, it was very hard to find a taxi so instead of waiting we just walked to ayala avenue which took us about 10 mins. Overall, our stay in guijo suites was a delight and we plan to come back in the near future.

Room Tip: Try asking for a room upgrade on non pick dates, they upgraded ours.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Talisay City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My colleagues and I often go to Makati for business and stay at this other hotel. The other hotel was closer to the city but we always had trouble sleeping. The TV, bathroom, and airconditioner were old. It wasn't until January when we decided to try Guijo Suites.

The reviews here at Tripadvisor were very good and the low price was a plus (much cheaper than the other hotel). It was way better than we expected. I've probably stayed at Guijo Suites 4-5x this year and have never been disappointed.

Location is good. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and facilities new. Food's always delicious. The staff is fantastic--always warm and ready to help. Deserves a 5.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Service - staff friendly and helpful, esp. the doorman/concierge.

Value - cheap, definitely worth it. Breakfast and wifi included.

Rooms - clean, comfortable, well maintained.

Location - central location, would suggest to take a taxi to go around. It was more convenient since the casino/shopping centre/attractions were 10 minutes++ away.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Guijo Suites Makati? Share your experiences!