“Nice little place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Guijo Suites Makati

You added Guijo Suites Makati to your Saves list
Guijo Suites Makati
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7644 Guijo Street | San Antonio Village, Makati, Luzon 1203, Philippines   |
Ranked #17 of 67 Hotels in Makati
London, United Kingdom
“Nice little place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was towards the end of my vacation and I needed good and decent place for my brother and his family to stay overnight as they were travelling from the province to catch their flight the next day. I was hesitant to book this hotel but based on trip advisor reviews I made up my mind to go for it. Needless to say, if you are looking for leisure and the luxury of staying in 5 star hotels then this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a decent place to stay on a limited budget then this is something worth trying for. Room is basic but nice, simple, clean, and well maintained. I had a browse at the room service menu, the food is mainly for filipinos which has no issues as I missed filipino food! For foreigners, there is not much food option is offered though. Location is not bad, take a cab to go to Glorietta or Greenbelt and that would only cost 80Php. They offer transportation services too if you don't want to go to the center of Makati by taxi or to the airport. This is hotel is something to look forward to whenever in the Philippines.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights with my cousin right after arriving in Manila. I booked in booking.com and had no problems when I checked-in there. Our room's really nice, simple and clean. The bed is comfortable which is the most important thing for me after 32 hours of trip! The staff was very nice and always ready to help us. Breakfast was okay. We had pancit canton and chicken bbq for dinner and it was delicious (room service). The hotel is not big and not really "central" but it was what I wanted...peace in the crowded and busy Manila. I will definitely book here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed here on our last night in Manila before flying home. Easy to book online. Friendly staff and efficient check in. Booked a deluxe suite. Modern, clean and stylish layout. Both bedrooms had airconditioning. Main bedroom had large kingsize double bed; second bedroom had king single, rather than double. Also small kitchenette area which would be good if staying longer. We arranged a folding bed (extra cost) for our second child as too squishy for them to sleep together in same bed. Buffet breakfast included which was good. Restaurant staff very friendly. Dined in , though food was a bit more expensive than we expected. There is also a good village cafe just a couple of blocks away (in the YMCA centre opposite Sacred Heart Church) which we discovered on our last day. Worth a visit. Excellent Wifi access from our room. Would recommend this hotel for a comfortable, affordable base in Makati.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Lovely hotel in makati even not central whisch is good.
lovely staff, very profesional and thay care about your stay.
Lovely junior room, clean, homey, two tv, internet and in the front rooms, balcony.
Nice brackfast, nice juices! Fresh fruit.
Excelent choise!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Matawan, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Prior to going there I sent a number of emails regarding my arrival time/arrangements.
They were not responded to.

Upon arrival they had my correspondence and were friendly. Just bad email communications.

I had their premeir suite, w/ 2 BR. Nice room. Furniture in good shape/newish at least.

Window in bathroom was left open which invited in some timy flies that enjoyed my soft drinlks with me. Close the window! That worked.

I had a few guests, relatives and friends, arriving at diferent times the next day for brief visits. No problems. All were treated well by the staff.

Breakfast is OK and free.

All the staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: Premiere suites nice for 2BR.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed in Guijo Suites during the Labor Day. I was really glad I chose this hotel for a weekend get a way. The rooms are impeccable. The service was great and the staff were very friendly and very accommodating.

I would go back again for another long weekend holiday. :-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night
Positives...
+ Location:In Makati area, not too far away from the shopping complex's
+Rooms: Medium sized, nice clean and stylish rooms. Bathroom was small though. free Wifi (That's the case in most places in Philippines)
+Staff :Good,Check in was quick.Friendly staff overall. Helped us as much as possible on finding out about the bus transfer to Clark airport.
+Food: Decent variety of food for breakfast in veg and non veg. ( Food ordered by room service was excellent)

Negatives: Nothing.
Final thoughts : Guijo is a nice place to stay considering its location, I personally felt it was a tad overpriced but most places were in Makati area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Guijo Suites Makati? Share your experiences!