“Nice choice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Guijo Suites Makati

You added Guijo Suites Makati to your Saves list
Guijo Suites Makati
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7644 Guijo Street | San Antonio Village, Makati, Luzon 1203, Philippines   |
Ranked #18 of 71 Hotels in Makati
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The hotel has excellent value. I was first hesitant to book the hotel because of the location. But when I arrived there, it only took me 10mins from the airport. Shopping malls, greenbelt and rockwell are just a few minutes away. There is also a supermarket nearby. You can buy drinks there for less price compared to hotel's mini bar. Very quiet place which I like. What i really liked in this hotel is the service and lovely rooms. Rooms are very clean, quiet and has nice furnishings. The bedding is very soft, comfortable and pleasing to the skin (exceeded my expectation for the hotel of this price). Staff will accommodate your request very quick. They are very helpful also and polite. Although some request may cost you such as, universal electric adaptor costs Pesos100 and fruit juices in the morning have additional cost. Inroom wifi was very fast, I streamed HD videos here. Breakfast quality matches the hotel price and is adequate. I have ordered food from the hotel and I have no complaints about it, my chicken clubhouse was very tasty.

I would definitely come back here because of the lovely rooms and staff. Excellent value.

Room Tip: deluxe rooms have the best value
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

At the airport no one knew of these suites but luckily we had made a map of its location. Even with this map, the taxi driver got lost a couple of times.The room we had rented for 4 nights was very small, not even enough room to put your suitcase. The bellhop also could not get the airconditioning to work so we asked if there was another larger room available. We did take the only room available which was the premier suite at an additional 6000 pesos. The location is on a quiet street close to places to eat and a food store. You can walk to the Greenbelt area and we did walk to the transit system but the latter was a long walk.The wifi was off and on but mainly off.There is no facial tissue. The clock said the alarm was set but when we asked the maintenance person he said the alarm clocks had been disabled.The room was clean and the shower was good except water got onto the floor as there was no door. The breakfast was okay but if you wanted anything special like juice, you had to pay extra for it.There is no complimentary water.There are no maps of the city available; only a small vicinity map.There is noise in the building from other guests particularly when doors are closed.
The staff were very pleasant but we found some staff were helpful and others were not helpful at all. For example we wanted to know how to get to certain locations and some staff did not have a clue and would not find out for us ; while others would be helpful. The three areas that stood out for us were:
1. We were in a suite so we expected some dishes, etc. but the cupboards were bare and rule #6 said, ' please refrain from eating and/ or bringing food inside the guest rooms'
2. The Guijo shuttle will take you to the airport for 660 pesos while the metered taxi cost us 166 pesos.
3. As there was no working alarm clock in the suite we asked for a wake up call 6:30 so we could get to the airport. The person at the front desk wrote it down the night before and assured us the call would be made. THERE WAS NO WAKE UP CALL. Luckily I woke up as there was noise in the hallway so we did not miss our flight. When I mentioned the no call to the staff at the front desk the response was ' no one told me'.

Zagreb, Croatia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was there 3days ago for 3nights,but I found this place very strange.All the staff so polite and kind,speaks very good English,try to make good vibe.But that was all.They charge banana and orange for breakfast.I stayed in more than 300hotels but I have never seen something like that.Also,they gave me one key for two of us,and when I lost the key,they tried to charge me 200pesos for another.I refused to pay and they gave me the key for free.My room was 304,so,I comment my room only.It was Junior suite,actually that is studio app.Bedroom has only one small window,facing a wall,was very dark,so,I didn't have any fresh air in my room and I felt like chicken there.Also,when you turn on the air condition,smell is disgusting.Something is wrong with AC.Last night the receptionist called me at 03 30am,and he asked how many people stay in my room?In the morning he told me that he mixed my 304 room with 403.So,I couldn't sleep anymore and I left hotel at 5 30am instead of 06 30.This hotel has one big problem.They try to be boutique class place but they have a poor and budget policy.I will never come back because this hotel is to strange for europeans.For me is.

Room Tip: Don't choose 304
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I did stay at the hotel for 14 days in January 2013 and all in all I was satisfied with the service and the room taking the price into account. Its a little out of the way even if its in Makati, but a short taxi ride takes you to the main attractions such as Greenbelt, Glorietta, Makati street and Rockwell. The hotel is located in a very quiet street so no noice was heard in the room, The room was clean and tidy and but as always in Manila you had to ask for toilet paper because if its a little left on the roll they dont change it. Bathroom was very tiny and the hot water was "intermitted". Breakfast was good but the same every day for as long as i was there. The person that I believe was in charge of the reception was not easy to talk to and as soon a you pointet to something she was thinking $$ There was a glass cup in the shower to hold soap and it was loose and fall down the first day of my stay. I explained that this was a dangerouse piece to have in the shower and that I cut myself when it falled and broke. The reseptionist asked for 100 P because it was broken. I told her that I did not want to pay but suggested that the hotel should change the glass cup in all the rooms before any guests hurt themselvs more than I did. No action was taken and there was no replacement (plastic or similare) for the rest of my stay. This taken into the consideration the rest of the staff was polite and friendly.

Room Tip: The hotel is located in a very quite street. Aircon was very touchy but worked well and the internet...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrick G, General Manager at Guijo Suites Makati, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear BjHaave,

Thank you for articulating the details of your stay. I have noted your suggestion to replace the material of the glass cup in the shower. Meanwhile, I have fixed the position of the glass soap holder for safety. Although I am glad to know that most of our service standards matched your expectations, I regret to learn the service shortfall you experienced with some of our staff and I apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured that we will accentuate appropriate behavior to all our staff.

I hope to welcome you back to Guijo Suites Makati for a more successful stay.
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Look no further for exceptional value for money,excellent staff attitude,& a menu to suit all tastes. Clean rooms,comfortable bedding,bathroom supplies,bar fridge.
House staff were observed ironing sheets after bed being remade, a good indication of professional hospitality service. Very safe & quiet area as street is locked off to traffic at 10pm. This is where good taste & your wallet will agree.
Will have no reservation recommending to all fellow travelers.

Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is the third hotel in Makati that I have stayed in and the first that I can say I would return to. For a very good rate the hotel is clean, modern with a very helpful and friendly staff which is what has been missing in other hotels in the area. The people who worked there were genuinely concerned for our well being and it showed.
The rooms are not large but are very modern with a refrigerator, great WiFi and hot water was plentiful. We had room service dinner which was great and the free breakfast the next morning was great too with a nice assortment to chose from and a real cup of coffee, not instant like most others serve.
It's a little off the beaten path but worth searching out. I know now when I return to Makati I will always be staying here.

Cebu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Pros: Quality of rooms are superb.The bed is surprisingly comfortable for a hotel of this price. The staff are very helpful and polite. They are well trained and handled my concerns very well. No need to hail a taxi since the doormen will do it for you. The room size is smaller than average but it has everything you need for a good night sleep. The location is good if you have meetings within the city. Breakfast is above average. The rooms are very quiet and the in-room wifi is free and fast.

Cons: The elevator has a touchscreen button which I find confusing compared to physical buttons.

Overall, the stay is very pleasant because of the staff and the quality of rooms. I'll be going back here again whenever I have business meetings in manila.

Room Tip: If you really want a quiet room, you can get a room near the interior walls. Those are very quiet an...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Guijo Suites Makati? Share your experiences!