“Good Value, Quiet Street” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Guijo Suites Makati

You added Guijo Suites Makati to your Saves list
Guijo Suites Makati
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7644 Guijo Street | San Antonio Village, Makati, Luzon 1203, Philippines   |
Ranked #17 of 67 Hotels in Makati
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Good Value, Quiet Street”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I stayed here 5-10 February and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The rooms are small, I had a deluxe suite, but it seemed the same size as a standard hotel room, but had a kitchenette with a hot water kettle and refrigerator. In-room Wi-Fi was best I have had. I was able to stream the Super Bowl on my computer. The Staff is very helpful and the free breakfast, while a typical Filipino style buffet is delicious and plentiful. The ala Carte dinner menu is also good.

As others have mentioned the hotel is in a quiet part of town, but there is an ATM and a supermarket within 5 minutes, as well as fast food restaurants, and a good local restaurant just down the block. The doorman will hail a cab for you, but it is easier to walk 1 block to the main street and hail it yourself, saves time and the fare to get back to the main street. For those that want a little local nightlife, there are also three small nightclubs within a short walk that all had good local bands and inexpensive food and beverage. All in all a great experience and I would stay here again or recommend to a friend.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the higher floors away from the elevator and stairs. The hallway is a bit nois...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Other reviewers are right that it's not an easy place to find, yet our taxi drivers did know exactly where it was.
Guijo Suites is a small relatively new hotel. The staff are extremely helpful. It's located in a residential area in Makati called San Antonio Village. The upside is that it's quiet, the downside is that there's not a lot going on around the hotel vicinity. Within 5 minutes walk you'll find some fast food places and a few local eateries but not a lot else. However, taxi's are nearby and plentiful and 5-10 minutes by cab brings you to the main shopping areas. 15-20 minutes away will be the Fort area with its many restaurants, bars and shops. 100 pesos or less will get you to most places you need to in a taxi from the hotel.
Rooms are clean, new looking and small but not cramped. The window was tiny, but at least we got some daylight. Corridor noise was an issue - the housekeeping ladies do like to chat together and the noise bounces around the concrete corridors and is quite loud. One morning we had to ask them to be quiet as we tried to sleep. However, it's a minor blemish in an otherwise pleasant and great value stay. We didn't eat at the hotel or use room service. There is a mini bar and there is free wifi in the room.
I would recommend this hotel for good value no frills stay in Manila.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Daly City, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel based on a few reviews from this site. I must admit that even with GPS and an experienced driver this hotel was very difficult to locate. The reason being it's located in the middle of a residential area. There are no malls within walking distance but, cab service can get you to Green Belt or Mall of Asia from around 100-200 pesos depending on traffic.

Check-in: This was very quick and professional. My reservation was secured despite being made several months in advance. I was originally given a room on the 4th floor but, upon opening the door I found the bed unmade and apparently someone was still staying in the room. I was then directed to the 3rd floor where my room was clean, spotless and ready for me. I must also mention that upon coming back up from the restaurant I saw another couple about to enter my room, just like what had happened to me earlier on the 4th floor. I think there could be more improvement between the front desk and house keeping departments to avoid this type of confusion.

Location: This hotel is located in the heart of Makati. The hotel is VERY new so most cab drivers have a difficult time finding the hotel. The front desk staff can either hand you a card or paper with directions / map on how to get to the hotel. I strongly suggest getting the paper whenever you leave via taxi because it makes things easier for both you and the driver.

Room: One word "Small". I knew what I was getting into but, didn't really realize how small the rooms were actually going to be. I wish their website was more comprehensive about their hotel and rooms. My view from the window was that of an alley but, it was covered by the curtains the entire time. There is a small closet and room safe. The bed seemed to be memory foam and not a mattress. The shower had hot water and good water pressure but, the bathroom felt more like a closet than a bathroom because of it's size. Wifi was good and the flat screen tv worked flawlessly. The aircon in the room was okay. Tiny and didn't really keep the room cool but, less warm if that makes any sense?

Restaurant: Reasonable priced menu. They offer a free breakfast each morning. Their breakfast is okay and does the trick if you don't feel like going out for breakfast. The dinner / lunch menu is okay. I ordered the pork chop and fries for dinner the first night I was there. The only reason I did this was because I was too tired to go out for dinner. It was a little overpriced and if faced with the same choice I would just hop in a taxi and head to Green Belt for a more satisfying meal for the same price.

Staff: Very courteous and professional. Anytime you need a cab they ask you to wait in the lobby and run to the main street parallel to the hotel and come back with a taxi for you so you don't have to leave the hotel.

Suggestions If you decided to go anywhere in Makati try doing it early in the morning. Traffic is horrific in the late afternoon / evening hours. My original trip to Mall of Asia took me around 10 minutes. Coming back during rush hour easily an hour. Also bring adapters for all your electronic devices especially if you're from the US. The hotel sells adapters for 300 pesos.

Notes: This is a NON-Smoking hotel. Not just certain rooms but, the entire hotel so keep that in mind if you're a smoker.

Overall: I would stay at this hotel again but, most definitely stay in a bigger room.

Room Tip: Choose the bigger rooms if you want to any type of view. It might not matter but, their regular room...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Patrick G, General Manager at Guijo Suites Makati, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent stay.

I am glad that our team's courteousness and professionalism left an impressive mark on you. Your compliments on our team will inspire us to deliver better service.

I apologize that your check-in experience caused inconvenience. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our service level and it is through feedback such as yours that we are able to focus on specifics from our front desk and housekeeping department to continuously improve our service.

I regret to hear, however that you had challenges experienced on locating the hotel. Guijo Suites is strategically located on a street perpendicular to the main streets to provide guests a quiet experience amidst the bustling city of makati yet centrally located and within a few minutes away from points of interests in makati. Since the hotel is new, we are providing hotel cards that guests can show to taxi drivers when coming back to the hotel for the meantime.

I am delighted to hear that you will consider Guijo Suites on your next stay. The team looks forward to welcome you back to stay with us at Guijo Suites to experience better service and better rooms.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I found this hotel based on price and reviews. It took a while to find it, even with a taxi driver, but eventually we did. It is located off main streets and you have to make a few turns down quiet streets to find it.
Once there I was impressed with the relaxing almost tranquil spa like decor. Very clean and quiet. It is a new hotel just completed last year. It doesnt have a lot of rooms and the room we stayed in was small but I fould it had everything I needed. Washroom was tiny and for a bigger guy like me it wasnt the easiest thing to manoever around. We had a window but really no view.
Nice flatscreen, safe, free wifi, nice modern decor, air con, desk, bar fridge, and decent queen bed.
Even though the hotel was a little tricky to find it is only 10 minutes from Ayala shopping mall and other big shopping area. Tons of restaurants also close by. But everytime we took a cab back to the hotel most had no idea how to get there. Partly because it is a new hotel and location.
Once you check in the hotel grab a business card from the front desk which contains a little map of how to get to Guijo. Very handy!
Restaurant was small but the food was very good. Chef actually came around and asked how everything was. Service was quick and all our request were addressed quickly.
For what you get the price per night is very reasonable.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights - 1 before flying to Boracay and 1 on our return and the hotel were very happy to store some luggage for us. The first room was small with no window to speak of (a small one high on a wall into a central well) but it was very clean and had everything you would want for a short stay. The second was a suite as that was all there was available. Huge windows giving views across the city and, again, very clean and well appointed with free wi-fi in the room. Staff were excellent - very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good and, despite the small space, the reception/bar/dining area are very nicely furnished and arranged. Very easy to reach from the airport as it is close to the end of the Skyway (tell taxi drivers to use this, only 35 pesos and much quicker) and easy to reach other parts of Manilla by taxi - very cheap. A very good choice for a short stay and/or for exploring the city.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

Spent New Year's eve at Guijo suites. We didn't have much trouble locating the hotel--just turn right on the first street after Chino Roces if you are along Kamagong coming from South Super highway/Taft.

The hotel is pretty new, being in operation for only 3 months. Staff are very kind and friendly. Free breakfast is plentiful--unlimited bread and jam, soup, rice, pasta, dessert. You have a choice of meat dish and egg plus drink.

Our deluxe room was very clean and well-appointed, bed was very comfy. AC is new and very quiet. Only thing that can be improved is the lack of (half) a shower door--you'll see what I mean. There was a towel provided for the floor though so it was ok.

Food at the restaurant is expensive but servings are big. No complimentary water, so buy some before checking in.

Room Tip: -All rooms are non-smoking. -No complimentary water, you can buy at the nearby Shopwise or 7 Eleven...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

I stayed here in the Premier Suite with 2 other friends for a week. This boutique hotel is only 2 months old and well kept. Definitely good value for money as we stayed in a mini apartment with a very comfortable bed and cosy bedroom. Towels were clean, hot water was working, air con is quiet and works well. Basically the entire stay was good.

Comes with a mini buffet breakfast which is simple and good.

The only thing missing were hangers in the cupboard and the bathroom floor towel wasn't always available, so we had to deal with a wet floor (cos the shower isn't closed off from the rest of the bathroom).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Guijo Suites Makati? Share your experiences!