“Nice hotel for night-stand before your flight” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Avitel Hotel to your Saves list
Avitel Hotel
Avitel Hotel
5505 South Super Hi-way | Barangay Pio del Pilar, Makati, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #4 of 25 Makati B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice hotel for night-stand before your flight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is nice hotel for night-stand before your flight, for transit and so on. It's only 15 minutes from the airport by taxi, and the stuff are helpful and friendly, the room is not big but not small and is quite comfy.
There are nothing to do around hotel, that's why I recommend you to stay here only for night-stand near airport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Deserves another star. On hand 24 hour friendly helpful staff and security, really affordable variety of rooms. We stayed in a double medium, good for 2 people.
Clean sheets, well kept room, en suite shower, wardrobes, shelves, room safe, free decent WiFi, satellite T.V, A/C, mini bar & snacks, kettle with free coffee, delicious complimentary breakfast menu for 2, room service, laundry service available, free parking, fast food delivery directory with free calls from room phone 24 hours (Mc Do, Jolibee, KFC etc).
Location is really prime, everything you need is minutes away by foot and jeep, in all directions. Walking distance to Walter Mart, many restaurants, 24 hour Mini Stop and 7 Eleven in Barangay Bankal (behind hotel), many pharmacies around, close to various train stations including PNR Pasay Road, and LRT-1 Libertad which I used often, just a quick jeep ride from Barangay Bankal behind the hotel.

If your taking a taxi to the hotel and the driver doesn't know the way, tell him it's opposite PNR Pasay Road station next to the Walter Mart, from that train station you have to cross the high way to the other side then left on the main road hotel is there, once you learn the location its easy to get around.

5 floors, no elevator, I was on the 4th floor and to be honest it didn't bother me once. Their is also a nice roof area with tables, chairs, T.V, great panoramic view of the city, and even space to sun bath.

This hotel is good value for money, location is great, a good choice for budget travellers in the city.

• Stayed October 2012
Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My friend and I booked at this hotel using the Agoda points we have, she was with her hubby and I have my boyfriend with me. We booked 2 Standard rooms with the cheapest add-on rate, and to our surprise complimentary breakfast is included. The check-in process was smooth, attendants are helpful, and rooms are readily available. The room was narrow but is manageable to move around. I guess this is what we pay for a standard room.They has a flat screen TV attached to a wall to save up space. The bathroom is very small, sink and emergency cabinet are outside near the entrance door. One fallback for sanity of the room is we found a small cockroach beside the lamp shade, good thing we killed it before it landed at our face. The breakfast at the restaurant was superb, the food was so delicious and the staffs who served us was really accommodating of all our needs.

For our verdict, we will probably go there but would try the bigger rooms. Just in case you don't bring any toiletries with you, they have a stock placed in the emegency cabinet for a fee. You don't need to buy at a convenience store.

Room Tip: Rooms on the right side are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

the hotel offers 12hrs stay w/c is very practical. the location is just beside slex so expect that you can hear niosy vehicles in your room but you can ask the receptionist to locate you to the opposite side of the hotel. the entire place is so clean and the entire service crew are very accommodating. i was located at the 4th flr and sad to say, they don't have an elevator but don't worry, avitel is not like other big hotels with longer and higher stairs. accessibility, very good. i would recommend avitel. a hotel that is affordable yet comfortable.

• Stayed March 2012
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for one night in early June. I had a single suite which is tiny by North American standards, but I've stayed in a Mercure hotel in Paris that was almost similar in size. The room was clean as was the bathroom. The bed and pillows were comfortable and very clean. The bathroom didn't have a tub which is par for the size of this room. The hot water contraption took some figuring out and could use a note with simple instructions.

The staff are super courteous and very helpful. They are what will make me return to this hotel when I'm in the city. The lobby has only a couple of lounge sofas which could make it inconvenient for a large group to congregate either for checking in or waiting for pickup.

The hotel is a few minutes from NAIA which is convenient. It cost me P450 by fixed rate taxi but it could cost maybe P300 by metred taxi. It's not the easier place to find... the facade is narrow, but don't let the taxi driver fool you by pretending he does not know where it is. This hotel is frequented by enough travellers to be known by taxis. Tell the taxi driver that it's along South Superhighway right across Walter Mart, near the PNB train station.

The hotel does not have an elevator so specify a room at the second floor if walking a flight of stairs is not for you. There seems to be staff around to carry the luggage... I arrived at midnight and someone carried my bags to the 4th floor.

Bottomline: pros are 1) good value, 2) clean and comfortable bed, 3) super helpful and courteous staff. Cons are 1) road noise, 2) tiny single suite, 3) no elevator. .

Room Tip: To me, the most important factor is cleanliness. I check the reviews for this particular comment...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
The Hague, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

This hotel surely reminds me of hotels in Japan. Rooms are small - and so are the bathrooms. Some rooms have their sink by the door way. If you are quite tall - perhaps more than 5' 7", it would be quite impossible to sit on the toilet without your knees touching the door. That is only if you wish to close the door. Not unless you don't mind having the door open, then that is alright. No elevator so you have to go by the stairs. Unfortunate for you if you get booked on higher floors. Considering the rate with breakfast and the cleanliness, its a reasonable price. The only downside is that - the hotel is located on the south super highway, and can be quite noisy.

Unfortunately, I used the toilet few hours after I arrived and somehow the doors locked when I stepped out. When I called the housekeeping, they could not find the key to the bathroom and kept trying to find ways to open it. When they ran out of tools to use and couldn't open the bathroom door, I was asked to move to another room cos they really couldn't find the key. I find this quite inconvenient on my part. How can a hotel not have a spare key to their bathrooms ? I was asked politely by the staff to move, I appreciated that. However, I felt the inconvenience having to get dressed again ( was in my towel ) and move my things, pack things that I have unpacked. Can be quite stressful, esp if you have a long flight ahead of you.

In spite of the incident about the bathroom, I would still recommend this hotel to anyone who may be looking at an overnight stay or short lay over.

Room Tip: I would suggest you ask for a room from 2nd to 3rd floor. It can be quite tiring having to go up and...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Excellent choice for a short stay,near the airport.Less than 12 hours, they have a special rate..very good when in transit for islands hopping, hard to beat.Very clean hotel, modern with excellent staff, especially the manager Monalissa who went out of her way to help us up with our travel need. She was so efficient and helpful. We stayed 3 times during our travel in the Philippines and each time it was perfect. I recommend the hotel...It is very close to Makati, a 8 pesos ride by jeepney to excellents restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: For a few pesos more, ask for a bigger room, the difference in price is minimal.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Avitel Hotel? Share your experiences!