“Bad bad coffee but good breakfast” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #466 of 977 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Native American, Californian, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dessert
Description: Born and brewed in Southern California since 1963, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf is the oldest and largest privately-held specialty coffee and tea retailer in the United States. Known for sourcing and providing the finest ingredients and flavors, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf has built relationships with the best private coffee farms and tea estates around the world, selecting only the top 1% Arabica beans and finest hand plucked, whole leaf teas. The company has grown to be an international icon and currently has more than 950 stores. Each one is dedicated to serving our community and providing a warm and inviting environment. You can also find The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf products in grocery stores, restaurants and offices. Throughout all aspects of our company, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf remains dedicated to providing the highest quality products and customer service.
Hong Kong, China
“Bad bad coffee but good breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn and visited a few times. First was their chocolate cappucino/latte which was a combination of hot chocolate and shot of espresso. I thought at that time that it was the worst coffee I have ever had. Most of it went down the drain, and I am sure if the drain could talk it would have expressed its disgust on my choice of coffee.

The two muffins I had were tasty though. So was the breakfast which I had two days later. Their scrambled eggs were heavenly. It came with a cup of 8 ounce coffee which overtook the chocolate cappucino as the worst coffee I have ever ever had.

Told a local friend about it who agreed with me and warned me away from the chai teas that they served.

When Nescafe gold instant coffee is far superior, why bother coming here for coffee?

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Good coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Its a more pleasant and not so stressed place as the Starbuck. Good outside seating and and good service. The Wii Fi could be better, but did work,

Visited April 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Disgusted!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My friend & I had our lunch at this coffee shop today. We don't have any problem with the quality of their food (Sardine linguine). What really pissed me off was their rest room. It was really disgusting. It has a very foul smell & used tissues were all over the floor. The line for food ordering was long coz they only have one cashier to take the orders. And when I ordered for additional pasta for take out it took 25 minutes for them to give me my order. I just hope the management of the Coffee Ben will do something about my complaints.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cebu Island, Philippines
“can't get over the mint latte!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

tea lattes are getting popular here aside from the usual coffee lattes. I started my affair with the moroccan mint tea latte 5 years ago. Before it opened here in Cebu, it is always my first "drink of the day" whenever we find ourselves in Makati City. We usually go to its Greenbelt 3 branch. They also offer yummy breakfast. I like the Eggs' Benedict the best. I was just so happy when it branched out in Cebu. I had my fill of this mint latte since then and still can't stop craving for it when I need a short break from shopping or work.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Pedro Laguna
“Try the Eggs Ben”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Well there are a few of these around the Philippines and I've always had great experiences. I especially like the Eggs Ben, which is Eggs Benedict, and I probably hit one of the places a couple times a month for breakfast. The Hot Chocolate is pretty good too.

• Visited November 2011