“House of Hainanese Chicken” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: http://food.clickthecity.com/b/PQ2d6d2
Las Pinas, Philippines
“House of Hainanese Chicken”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

The house specialty of Wee Nam Kee is Hainanese chicken. My friends and i had different ratings as to its taste. I found the sauce that went with the chicken just the right complement for the chicken. However, Hainanese chicken had no appeal to most of my friends. They were more partial to fried or grilled chicken. Nonetheless, we all agreed that the ambiance of Wee Nam Kee is good and the place is attractive.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Makati, Philippines
“Nothing to rave about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I tried to satisfy my craving for Hainanese chicken again by trying out Wee Nam Kee at the Ayala Triangle. It was late afternoon on a Sunday and there weren't too many people yet. I tried ordering the white and roasted chicken for comparison. Both were ok but I kinda expected something more. For the price I paid, let's just say I was happier for the S$4.00 chicken set meals I get at the Hawker stalls in Singapore.

Visited October 2011
Manila, Philippines
“Average Chicken”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Went to Serendra branch last night. I've been to the one at Ayala Triangle last November as well. Was craving for the roasted chicken. Although I enjoyed it, I couldve had my fix from a different place with a fraction of the price.

Plates were plastic -- but thats not the issue here. Food was not hot. Super small serving. Medium Chicken was small and bone-y. Crispy squid was too hard. If you want to eat Chicken and youre in the area, fine. But if you're expecting the same taste from Singapore, you will be very disappointed.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Makati, Philippines
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Good hainanese chicken, but nothing amazing
Service was definitely not good. But it's improving slowly (really slowly). we tried this resto when it first opened in ayala triagle. all i can say is that it was terrible. the waiter had no idea when kind of sauce was in sambal kangkong. what the--?
When asking for a simple glass of ice (the water served was tepid), it took 20 minutes and 5 follow-ups to different waiters and a manager. (sigh)
Everyone seems to be frantically walking around, like they dont know what they're supposed to do. You have to end up sounding angry for them to take notice.
Cereal prawns are definitely overpriced. The cereal tasted better than the prawns! the combination of cereal and shimp did nothing to enhance the flavor of the shrimp, so it was very disappointing.
Stick to the sambal kangkong and the hainanese chicken.

There are better hainanese chickens in the city, but this place is very convenient for the professional lunch crowd in ayala, hence, the line during lunch time.
I've eaten here a couple of times, was (almost) always satisfied, but I never left very happy that I ate there :P

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manila, Philippines
“Average food, lousy service. HaiBWISETnese rice!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I went with my whole family last weekend to Wee Nam Kee in Ayala. I ate a few times in Novena-Sg, so I was expecting the same taste. The chicken rice was good, except for the pork asado which was too dry, cereal prawn too pricey, barley juice was a dissapointment. Be prepared for their lousy service, few dishes we ordered was not served but was on the bill. Noone approached our table to explain why some dishes was not served, &^%$@@!! The crew are inexperienced, imagine they served the soup and rice after we have consumed the chicken. Obviously the owners does not have a clue on how to run a resto. I would not come back, lot of places offering good chicken rice with better service, and value for money.

Visited November 2011