“My Best Hotel experience in the Philippines” 5 of 5 stars

Alejandra Hotel
5841 Zobel Roxas Ave, Makati, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #2 of 26 Makati B&B and Inns
Taipei, Taiwan
“My Best Hotel experience in the Philippines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Hi! I am a frequent flyer, going from one place to another because of my work. the last time I visited the Philippines sometime in September 2011 I came across a boutique hotel in Makati on the internet - so when I arrived in the Philippines , I tried it and checked in at Alejandra Hotel. Upon entering the lobby you feel at home and at ease. The ambiance is very homey and accommodating. When I entered my room I noticed that it is very clean. I stayed in their Suite Room and I especially liked the bed I slept very well that night. The King Sized bed was very comfortable. The Suite Room rate was very much affordable and was very well worth it.

I see myself coming back to this hotel every time I need a place to stay in the Philippines. The location itself is very accessible, it is very near on the main cities - of Makati, Manila, Quezon City and Pasay City. I liked their breakfast food choices specially the corned beef. Cleanliness is excellent and most of all the staff of the hotel is very accommodating, helpful and always have a smile on their faces.

I am now in Singapore for work and during my stay here, I am now in my second hotel and can't help but compare it to Alejandra Hotel. I prefer Alejandra Hotel, it is far better and I miss the service and helpfulness of the staff. I am definitely coming back to Alejandra Hotel when I am in the Philippines.

Room Tip: Suite rooms are bigger in size. If you want a big bed (king sized) book a suite room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cebu Island, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I have been staying at several Manila and Makati hotels in the Philippines for 3 years now and only Alejandra Hotel is worth the $ 40 dollar level. Other hotels may have the same or lower amount but the service and quality of Alejandra is far more better. Of course if you are looking for better quality hotel for less than $ 40 nowadays I doubt if you can find one as good as Alejandra Hotel.

The coffee shop is open 24 hours which is good for me since they have good internet and WIFI connection. This helps me keep upto date with my US and European clients. The coffee is great and cheap (try their café mocha – its superb). All the staff are friendly and always ready to help you. When I come back to Manila this November, I will surely stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is near Manila and Makati and about 20 minutes to the airport
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Hong Kong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Stayed here in July for 4 days, location is convenient and there are a lot of taxis around.

Room is on the small side which is a surprise to me, because most of Manila hotel rooms are spacious. Cleanliness is about average, I found and killed a lizard in my room on the 2nd night of my stay and so my 3rd and 4th night, can’t sleep well fearing there might be another lizard crawling in my bed.

The biggest annoyance however, is the air-condition in the room, the air-con is of the window type which is made locally, I can’t remember the brand ( a name I’ve never heard of), although it did cool the room but is super noisy, it is like sleeping in an industrial factory where machine is running, complain to the receptionist and because it is a Sunday so the electricians is not available, have a semi-sleep night and on Monday, the electrician shut off and on again the air-con and announced that the noise is natural, there is nothing he can do. The receptionist offer to change the room for me and I found out that the problem, just like the electrician has said, is the same.

The price is expensive considering the Manila standard. It is definitely not value for money. Breakfast is below average and the truth is, after two breakfasts I decided to have my breakfast outside the hotel. The bed, however is comfy and the staff and receptionist are friendly.

Overall, I did not have much joy with this hotel, and would never consider coming back. With the price category I paid, I am sure there are a lot of choices around.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

Stayed here when I visited Manila and it I would this place offers the best value. Cheap, clean and really rooms and not to mention the amazing breakfast (love the omelette). About 5-10 minutes to the heart of the busy Makati district, this place I would say offers the best bang for your buck.

Stay here if you don't feel like spending lots of $$$'s when visiting Manila.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Alejandra Hotel? Share your experiences!