“Pampered.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences

Save Saved
You added The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences to your Saves list
The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   119 L.P. Leviste Street, Makati, Luzon 1227 , Philippines   |
Announcement
Restaurant Advisory
Ranked #5 of 64 hotels in Makati
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
“Pampered.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Accommodating staff.
Clean and spacious room.
Perfect for people who loves art (art gallery plus art works in the room)
Clean and perfectly designed bathroom (toilet separated from the shower, I'm quite picky when it comes to hotel toilet and bath, so this setup is perfect for me).
Had a good night's sleep.

Downsides are, no mirror outside bathroom and very pricey published rates.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Date of Stay: April 15-16, 2013
Room Type: Picasso Loft
Room #: 802

Likes:
-Spacious and trendy rooms. Can set up a party inside the Picasso Loft.
-Walking distance from Velasquez Park (there's a weekend market every Saturday) and Ayala triangle.
-Toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste etc.
-Well stocked mini-bar like Fiji Mineral Water, soda cans, canned beers, etc.

Dislikes:
-Breakfast is not good, there was hardly any rice in their arroz caldo/porridge.
-No coordination between reservations and front desk. The people from the front desk almost charged us Php18000 even after receiving a billing statement worth php12500 from the reservations officer.
-Had to wait for 30 mins before I was able to check-in, I got in at 3PM.
-The aircon was impossible. It's either too hot when you turn it off or too cold when you turn it on.
-Very few TV channels.

Room Tip: -Always choose a room on a higher floor. -Be careful with your steps. Slippery stairs on Picasso Lo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The hotel is first class. Located in an upmarket although not a busy street. I was given a room upgrade as it was my first time in the hotel. And wow! What a room.  The room was very impressive. Big suite with a nice lounge and tv. Feels like a brand new hotel. Management is professional. In my experience of Manila, this is the best hotel I have stayed at in this city. I prefer this place to the Sofitel. More relaxed feel to this place.The Picasso theme works although it is perhaps overdone. Nice that they gave 2 bottles of free water but when you run out theres only Fiji water in the fridge which is environmentally irresponsible and just an excuse to charge silly prices. I had to walk out to the 7 11 behind the hotel for water. Breakfast was simple and ok, but the coffee was terrible. Restaurant is nice on an evening and prices pitched ok. However they charge 10% service charge which may well be the industry standard in Makati but it is annoying in a city which expects tipping. I cant complain at the staff though. They were all good. Shame the hotel took their tips! Taxis from the airport were just outside and hassle free. No pressure from hotel to "help you".Internet connection was good and free. I would recommend this hotel and I will stay here again for sure. I certainly know of no better place to stay and I have stayed in a few bad places in manila. So many good things here that any minuses are cancelled. So full marks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Picasso_Management, General Manager at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear ianthailand999,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay.

Now that you point it out, I completely agree with your position on "Fiji" water. It is a bunch of marketing hype that truly is an injustice to the beautiful islands of Fiji. In an effort to support our corporate social responsibility initiatives, we will discontinue carrying the brand and will feature more appropriate products which support local industries.

In regards to your comment about tips, Service Charge is already included in the bill. Hence, there is no need to tip. As mandated by law, SC is distributed amongst all of the staff on a monthly basis. Nevertheless, any additional tips are always greatly appreciated yet they are never expected.

Again, thank you for the feedback. Without such valuable insights from our guests, we would not know how to better serve you. We look forward to your return. Please let me, or anyone of my staff, know if there is anything we can assist you with.

Until then, safe travels!

Best,

Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I spent one night at The Picasso last week as a stop over on my way to Palawan and with pretty simple requirements, I really couldn't have been happier.

Large, clean room and a similarly large and clean bathroom and a pretty good restaurant downstairs for a simple meal and a couple of beers right on your doorstep, everything I needed for a short stay.

The hotel is also in a great location, not too far from the airport and close to the Ayala Triangle Gardens for a gentle stroll and more to the point, a selection of affordable restaurants for a lazy breakfast in a peaceful, green location.

Will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Picasso_Management, General Manager at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Herriotcube,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your time with us. Hopefully on your next visit, you can stay a bit longer.

Though the islands have an abundance of beauty, my staff are always eager to assist you in finding city's best kept secrets. There are heaps of upcoming little cafes, pubs, restaurants around the area. Next time, stop by the Front Desk and we can guide you in the right direction.

Should you have any special requests prior to your arrival, please let us know. Until we host your next stay, safe travels and all the best!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Went there to stay with my Son for a short gate-away. Chance upon this hotel, as the rest of the hotel near Green Belt area are too expensive and booked out.We stayed there for four nights, wonderful and safe place to stay. The staff are all so friendly from the Cleaners to Security to front desk. The Rooms are Huge for the price you pay and the service you get are better than some 5 Stars hotel.It is a short 15 minutes walk to green belt cutting through a nice Park. But on the first day on our arrival,no one help us with our luggage to the room, as i observe they do help other guest in other days and breakfast at the hotel is nothing to shout about, you get better food outside the hotel...our personal fav is Cafe France. In all the experience was great and we are planning to go back to the hotel in June.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear CK2012_12,

Thank you for your feedback. Appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. The team is encouraged by your commendations. I am glad that we were able to make you feel comfortable, safe & secure.

Please accept our apologies for the lack of assistance during your arrival. I looked into it and we happened to face a rush at that time and we were short of hands on the floor. I am sure we were able to make up for it nonetheless.

I am in close coordination with our Executive Chef. The menu is a continuously evolving so please bear with us whilst we fine tune the offerings. Anyhow, should you have any special dietary requirements, just let us know so I can have the Chef come up with something for you.

Again, thank you for your feedback. Without such valuable insights from or guests, our success would not be possible.

We hope to have you back with us again soon. Until we meet again, safe travels and all the best!

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed in Manila for three nights and had chose Makati as a clean, quiet area. We really enjoyed our stay at The Picasso, the staff were helpful and friendly and let us check in early as we arrived on a flight at 4am. The rooms were very big and had really hot water in the shower. However our room smelt of smoke and was a bit worn like it had seen better days, though it was very clean. It had a nice balcony with an interesting view of the busy street but there was no balcony furniture which we felt was a bit of a waste. The buffet breakfast downstairs in the restaurant was very nice and included an order from the menu. We also ate here one evening and were pleased with our food. It seemed to be very popular with the expats living nearby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Picasso_Management, General Manager at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Kelly G,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay overall.

My apologies about the smell of smoke. We have designated smoking rooms, but at times we have smoking guests who occupy non-smoking rooms. In this regard, I am looking into portable air purifying units so that my Housekeeping team is better equipped to handle these cases.

In order to maintain the quality of our product, I have a continuous improvement project in place. Wherein, I schedule rooms for renovation on a daily basis. Actually, I am looking forward to the upcoming Holiday/low-season as this will give us the opportunity to get into the remaining rooms that need touch-ups. Keeping this property in tip-top shape in my #1 priority.

As for the patio furniture, I have those schedule next year as part of my capital improvements. So, stay tuned…

All of your comments are greatly appreciated. Rest assured that we take our guests’ feedback seriously. I am certain that on your next stay, you will notice these improvements.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to your return. If there is anything we can do for you, prior to your next arrival, please let us know. Until then, safe travels and all the best.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed here for three nights. The room is huge and comes with a balcony, work desk, lounge chair, microwave, stove top cooker and mini fridge. And rain shower. The service was great too and they left a nice surprise gift on the second day - a small selection of local biscuits and treats. Which is great especially if you don't have time to try local delights.

The hotel has a nice gym as well as a fret Italian restaurant. I tried the baked salmon and pasta. My other peers and I agreed that the salmon was done nicely.

Each room comes decorated with art, which makes it unique and different.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Lingling35100,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also delighted to know that you appreciated the local treats.

Guest satisfaction is our top priority and it is quite reassuring to know that you were happy with your stay.

We hope to see you again, much sooner than later. Until then, safe travels!

All the best,

John David Y. Cruz

Been to The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences? Share your experiences!