“A great base in Makati” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences

Save Saved
You added The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences to your Saves list
The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   119 L.P. Leviste Street, Makati, Luzon 1227 , Philippines   |
Special Rate
PHP5,300 (PHP)
Ranked #5 of 64 hotels in Makati
Singapore
“A great base in Makati”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I spent one night at The Picasso last week as a stop over on my way to Palawan and with pretty simple requirements, I really couldn't have been happier.

Large, clean room and a similarly large and clean bathroom and a pretty good restaurant downstairs for a simple meal and a couple of beers right on your doorstep, everything I needed for a short stay.

The hotel is also in a great location, not too far from the airport and close to the Ayala Triangle Gardens for a gentle stroll and more to the point, a selection of affordable restaurants for a lazy breakfast in a peaceful, green location.

Will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Picasso_Management, General Manager at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Herriotcube,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your time with us. Hopefully on your next visit, you can stay a bit longer.

Though the islands have an abundance of beauty, my staff are always eager to assist you in finding city's best kept secrets. There are heaps of upcoming little cafes, pubs, restaurants around the area. Next time, stop by the Front Desk and we can guide you in the right direction.

Should you have any special requests prior to your arrival, please let us know. Until we host your next stay, safe travels and all the best!

218 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Went there to stay with my Son for a short gate-away. Chance upon this hotel, as the rest of the hotel near Green Belt area are too expensive and booked out.We stayed there for four nights, wonderful and safe place to stay. The staff are all so friendly from the Cleaners to Security to front desk. The Rooms are Huge for the price you pay and the service you get are better than some 5 Stars hotel.It is a short 15 minutes walk to green belt cutting through a nice Park. But on the first day on our arrival,no one help us with our luggage to the room, as i observe they do help other guest in other days and breakfast at the hotel is nothing to shout about, you get better food outside the hotel...our personal fav is Cafe France. In all the experience was great and we are planning to go back to the hotel in June.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear CK2012_12,

Thank you for your feedback. Appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. The team is encouraged by your commendations. I am glad that we were able to make you feel comfortable, safe & secure.

Please accept our apologies for the lack of assistance during your arrival. I looked into it and we happened to face a rush at that time and we were short of hands on the floor. I am sure we were able to make up for it nonetheless.

I am in close coordination with our Executive Chef. The menu is a continuously evolving so please bear with us whilst we fine tune the offerings. Anyhow, should you have any special dietary requirements, just let us know so I can have the Chef come up with something for you.

Again, thank you for your feedback. Without such valuable insights from or guests, our success would not be possible.

We hope to have you back with us again soon. Until we meet again, safe travels and all the best!

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed in Manila for three nights and had chose Makati as a clean, quiet area. We really enjoyed our stay at The Picasso, the staff were helpful and friendly and let us check in early as we arrived on a flight at 4am. The rooms were very big and had really hot water in the shower. However our room smelt of smoke and was a bit worn like it had seen better days, though it was very clean. It had a nice balcony with an interesting view of the busy street but there was no balcony furniture which we felt was a bit of a waste. The buffet breakfast downstairs in the restaurant was very nice and included an order from the menu. We also ate here one evening and were pleased with our food. It seemed to be very popular with the expats living nearby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Picasso_Management, General Manager at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Kelly G,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay overall.

My apologies about the smell of smoke. We have designated smoking rooms, but at times we have smoking guests who occupy non-smoking rooms. In this regard, I am looking into portable air purifying units so that my Housekeeping team is better equipped to handle these cases.

In order to maintain the quality of our product, I have a continuous improvement project in place. Wherein, I schedule rooms for renovation on a daily basis. Actually, I am looking forward to the upcoming Holiday/low-season as this will give us the opportunity to get into the remaining rooms that need touch-ups. Keeping this property in tip-top shape in my #1 priority.

As for the patio furniture, I have those schedule next year as part of my capital improvements. So, stay tuned…

All of your comments are greatly appreciated. Rest assured that we take our guests’ feedback seriously. I am certain that on your next stay, you will notice these improvements.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to your return. If there is anything we can do for you, prior to your next arrival, please let us know. Until then, safe travels and all the best.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed here for three nights. The room is huge and comes with a balcony, work desk, lounge chair, microwave, stove top cooker and mini fridge. And rain shower. The service was great too and they left a nice surprise gift on the second day - a small selection of local biscuits and treats. Which is great especially if you don't have time to try local delights.

The hotel has a nice gym as well as a fret Italian restaurant. I tried the baked salmon and pasta. My other peers and I agreed that the salmon was done nicely.

Each room comes decorated with art, which makes it unique and different.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Lingling35100,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also delighted to know that you appreciated the local treats.

Guest satisfaction is our top priority and it is quite reassuring to know that you were happy with your stay.

We hope to see you again, much sooner than later. Until then, safe travels!

All the best,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed in this hotel as the kick-off to a Philippine holiday - we are a young couple. The room was quite large and we felt comfortable staying in it, the shower is fantastic!

The bed sheets were stained, but the staff was quick to change it when we asked. Some of the towels in the bathroom were stained as well...I don't believe it's dirt, maybe just a result of laundry handling.

Staff was pleasant and helpful. The best thing about this hotel is it's location. It is within walking distance of all Makati's main attractions: malls, restaurants, Greenbelt 3 bars & nightlife.

• Stayed March 2013
Picasso_Management, General Manager at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Beirut29,

Thank you for the review! Glad to know that you had a pleasant stay overall.

You are spot on, I just changed laundry contractors due to their poor service. I am also fast-tracking a bulk linen order that was due later in the year. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and I am certain that you will be able to notice the improvements on your next stay.

We hope to have you back with us again, sooner than later. If there is anything we can do for you prior to your next arrival, please let us know. We are glad to be of service.

All the best,

Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Approval decent at good value. This is my third say here since January 2012 and I notice a bad pattern. The internet is too old and above all, the hotel needs to invest into a NEW air conditioning system. You cannot control the temperature and you are faced with having an ICE BOX extremely cold room, or shutting down to have a very hot room. You cannot make the temperature 25 or 19 degrees. The system is broken. I heard the same complaints from other guest. The hotel management and owners NEED to invest in upgrading this poor air conditioning system.

I am SORRY, but this air conditioning situation existed in February 2012, September 2012, and now March 2013. The Piscasso Suite is NOT doing anything about it and now I have to think twice before returning!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ronald N,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am sorry to hear about your negative experience with the air conditioning system. This concern has reoccurred, but it is few and far between.

We are currently in the process of changing the analog controls/thermostats to digital units. Aside from upgrading the controls, I am also relocating them near the bed for easy access and the most realistic reading of the ambient temperature in the room.

We hope that you will consider us again in the future and should you decide to return, please let me know and I would gladly assist you personally to ensure that your accommodations are as expected.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope to have the opportunity to host your future stay. Until then, safe travels and all the best.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Currently staying at the Picasso Makati - midway through a three month stay whilst I'm on an assignment in Manila. I'm really enjoying staying here. The staff are fantastic - all very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. It's a smaller property which makes it feel personal and homely. The rooms are absolutely spotless and everything is in good working order and in good condition (my only grumble is that I am in a large suite with no balcony which means I have to have air conditioning on which gets far too cold, turn it off and it gets stuffy quite quickly - but can live with it). Laundry is promptly returned, beautifully cleaned and ironed. The wifi is not the best and connection is lost from time to time (it returns within the day) but to be fair it is free. My only complaint about this place is the restaurant which is very disappointing. I believe though that it's not run by the hotel itself so it shouldn't reflect on the Picasso, but as the only place to eat in the hotel it's not great - the food is very mediocre and the menu is an unusual mix of items and feels quite old fashioned. Thankfully, because of the hotels' fantastic location there are numerous great places to eat within walking distance. Overall, very happy with the place and have recommended it to others who are planning to visit Manila.

Room Tip: Andalucian Suite is quite large (80m sq) but has no balcony and you can't open the windows. Pers...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Picasso_Management, General Manager at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear marshallh80,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is comforting to know that all of our efforts are well received. Rest assured that your points are being addressed. I am working closely with the F&B operator to ensure that their service parallels that of the hotel. The Executive Chef is actually in the process of revamping their menu. You can expect to see improvements in the coming days.

As for the room, I am certain that the rest of your stay will be even better considering your new and improved accommodations. It was a pleasure meeting with you personally. My staff and I are always here to serve you (and the rest of our guests) so please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your stay more enjoyable.

At your service,

John David Y. Cruz

Been to The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences? Share your experiences!