“Huge, clean and comfortable room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences

Save Saved
You added The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences to your Saves list
The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   119 L.P. Leviste Street, Makati, Luzon 1227 , Philippines   |
Special Rate
PHP5,000 (PHP)
Ranked #5 of 62 hotels in Makati
Singapore, Singapore
“Huge, clean and comfortable room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed here for three nights. The room is huge and comes with a balcony, work desk, lounge chair, microwave, stove top cooker and mini fridge. And rain shower. The service was great too and they left a nice surprise gift on the second day - a small selection of local biscuits and treats. Which is great especially if you don't have time to try local delights.

The hotel has a nice gym as well as a fret Italian restaurant. I tried the baked salmon and pasta. My other peers and I agreed that the salmon was done nicely.

Each room comes decorated with art, which makes it unique and different.

• Stayed March 2013
Picasso_Management, General Manager at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Lingling35100,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also delighted to know that you appreciated the local treats.

Guest satisfaction is our top priority and it is quite reassuring to know that you were happy with your stay.

We hope to see you again, much sooner than later. Until then, safe travels!

All the best,

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed in this hotel as the kick-off to a Philippine holiday - we are a young couple. The room was quite large and we felt comfortable staying in it, the shower is fantastic!

The bed sheets were stained, but the staff was quick to change it when we asked. Some of the towels in the bathroom were stained as well...I don't believe it's dirt, maybe just a result of laundry handling.

Staff was pleasant and helpful. The best thing about this hotel is it's location. It is within walking distance of all Makati's main attractions: malls, restaurants, Greenbelt 3 bars & nightlife.

• Stayed March 2013
Picasso_Management, General Manager at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Beirut29,

Thank you for the review! Glad to know that you had a pleasant stay overall.

You are spot on, I just changed laundry contractors due to their poor service. I am also fast-tracking a bulk linen order that was due later in the year. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and I am certain that you will be able to notice the improvements on your next stay.

We hope to have you back with us again, sooner than later. If there is anything we can do for you prior to your next arrival, please let us know. We are glad to be of service.

All the best,

Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Approval decent at good value. This is my third say here since January 2012 and I notice a bad pattern. The internet is too old and above all, the hotel needs to invest into a NEW air conditioning system. You cannot control the temperature and you are faced with having an ICE BOX extremely cold room, or shutting down to have a very hot room. You cannot make the temperature 25 or 19 degrees. The system is broken. I heard the same complaints from other guest. The hotel management and owners NEED to invest in upgrading this poor air conditioning system.

I am SORRY, but this air conditioning situation existed in February 2012, September 2012, and now March 2013. The Piscasso Suite is NOT doing anything about it and now I have to think twice before returning!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ronald N,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am sorry to hear about your negative experience with the air conditioning system. This concern has reoccurred, but it is few and far between.

We are currently in the process of changing the analog controls/thermostats to digital units. Aside from upgrading the controls, I am also relocating them near the bed for easy access and the most realistic reading of the ambient temperature in the room.

We hope that you will consider us again in the future and should you decide to return, please let me know and I would gladly assist you personally to ensure that your accommodations are as expected.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope to have the opportunity to host your future stay. Until then, safe travels and all the best.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Currently staying at the Picasso Makati - midway through a three month stay whilst I'm on an assignment in Manila. I'm really enjoying staying here. The staff are fantastic - all very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. It's a smaller property which makes it feel personal and homely. The rooms are absolutely spotless and everything is in good working order and in good condition (my only grumble is that I am in a large suite with no balcony which means I have to have air conditioning on which gets far too cold, turn it off and it gets stuffy quite quickly - but can live with it). Laundry is promptly returned, beautifully cleaned and ironed. The wifi is not the best and connection is lost from time to time (it returns within the day) but to be fair it is free. My only complaint about this place is the restaurant which is very disappointing. I believe though that it's not run by the hotel itself so it shouldn't reflect on the Picasso, but as the only place to eat in the hotel it's not great - the food is very mediocre and the menu is an unusual mix of items and feels quite old fashioned. Thankfully, because of the hotels' fantastic location there are numerous great places to eat within walking distance. Overall, very happy with the place and have recommended it to others who are planning to visit Manila.

Room Tip: Andalucian Suite is quite large (80m sq) but has no balcony and you can't open the windows. Pers...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Picasso_Management, General Manager at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear marshallh80,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is comforting to know that all of our efforts are well received. Rest assured that your points are being addressed. I am working closely with the F&B operator to ensure that their service parallels that of the hotel. The Executive Chef is actually in the process of revamping their menu. You can expect to see improvements in the coming days.

As for the room, I am certain that the rest of your stay will be even better considering your new and improved accommodations. It was a pleasure meeting with you personally. My staff and I are always here to serve you (and the rest of our guests) so please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your stay more enjoyable.

At your service,

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here one night after I arrived in Manila. My fiance checked in earlier in the day with no problems. We met at the airport and went back to the hotel. The staff was very courteous and helpful. They carried my bags to our room for us. They were very polite and gracious throughout. We were very impressed indeed!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Bobbie430, Director of Sales and Marketing at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear James L,

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased to learn that your stay at The Picasso was hassle-free and that you were impressed of our associates' graciousness and courteousness.

Rest assured that we have passed on these great remarks to the rest of the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you on your future visits.

Director of Sales and Marketing
Earth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was looking to stay at the usual 4-5 star hotels in Makati when I happened upon this place. It was actually just little under what I was going to pay at the other hotels so I gave it a try and was glad I did. This place is nice, there is no carpet (which I prefer) and makes the room seem a little cleaner. You don't get trapped odors and unsightly stains as you do with carpet. The room was a comfortable size at 45sq meters, not too small and not overly large. They have 2 larger rooms available. It came with a good TV and selection of channels and a clock radio with Apple port. There is a WiFi box (free) right in the room or you can plug in.
In the bathroom there is a rain shower but no tub. Bathroom is well equipped with no molds and mildew stains. Shower works perfectly and does not leak in to the bathroom floor. Small safe and minibar also in the room together with two electric burners for cooking, although there are no utensils.
Not much of a view, the hotel is under 10 floors. Hotel is located in the heart of Salcedo Village, just walking distance to many restaurants. Just ask the doorman. You can also easily walk to Greenbelt mall, Ayayla Triangle and Glorietta Mall. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Very quiet and convenient location. Taxis are always available if needed. They have a nice small gym with new equipment and if you like you can always visit the Makati Sports Club just down the street as a guest of The Picasso. Overall a very nice stay and I will be back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Bobbie430, Director of Sales and Marketing at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Jo-Bob_Bob-Bob,

Thank you for your review.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our property and that our service standards, facilities and convenience of our location matched your expectations.
Rest assured that we will pass on to the rest of the team your kind words and highlight what you've like most of our property.

Moving along, just to let you know, we do have the larger rooms with tubs as the 45 square meter ones were designed as such.

Again, we deeply appreciate your time in sending out this review. We at The Picasso will indeed be pleased to welcoming you back hopefully, in the near future.

Director of Sales & Marketing
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had booked my stay at The Picasso a little on the late side due to a mix up of dates with my other traveling parties. But it was such a blessing in disguise! I stayed for just one night and felt so sad checking-out the next morning because I wanted to see all the other parts the hotel had to offer. Just that one night's stay had me sleeping like a baby after traveling from another part of the Philippines for a community service project. It was clean enough for someone with OCD (like me!) and the bed was very comfortable. The location is definitely great - very close to shopping areas and it's in a safe area, too! What surprised me most upon check-in was the fact they decided to upgrade my stay due to it being my first time.

Each floor has different artwork on display which I believe is for sale. There's also an art gallery which was located on my floor but unfortunately, I didn't get to check it out due to the little time I had. Each room has artwork on display, too - and I absolutely love how spacious the room was (I was upgraded to the studio apartment size). They also have a fitness centre, modeling agency and a bunch of other amenities that I didn't get around to checking out.

What you DO NEED to try out is the spa which is located on the first floor just next to the cosy restaurant (which I recommend you try out just to have a bit of a breather). The QiVitality massage treatment is what I had and it was absolute heaven. I find it hard to fall asleep or relax but this had me sleeping like a baby and feeling so de-stressed after! Fabulous service!

Everyone at the hotel greeted me and were around to help out so never did I feel like I was struggling with bags or finding it a challenge to get help whenever I needed.

I hope to be back just so I can get another stay (hopefully a longer time period) at The Picasso!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Bobbie430, Director of Sales and Marketing at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear emilywjteng,

Thank you for your recent review.

We are very happy to learned that you enjoyed your recent stay at our property.
Rest assured that we will pass on to the team the very encouraging comments you've given.

Just so you know, yes, most of the artworks are for sale. Most of which are made by upcoming contemprary local artist, making Picasso as their canvas for their artworks. Probably on your return in the future, you'll be able to view a whole new collection as we do feature new artists every two months or so as part of our Art In-House program.

Thank you again for taking time to send your review. And we looking forward to welcoming you back until then.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Been to The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences? Share your experiences!