“New...good ambience business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Save Saved
You added St Giles Hotel to your Saves list
St Giles Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Makati Ave. corner Kalayaan Ave, Makati, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Makati
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“New...good ambience business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

St Giles is a newer Hotel next door to City Gardens Hotel on Makati Avenue. The rooms are clean and basic with all a business traveller needs (Wifi etc).

Breakfast is average but on the better side of average. Service at breakfast is friendly and attentive and you can sit outside overlooking the busy Avenue.

On the negative...while the gym may have the very best city views in Makati it is so poorly equipt that I paid to use the City Gardens Hotel next door...which in turn has led me not to chose this hotel on 3 subsequent visits. It may seem a small thing to Hotel management but Hotel fitness centers are very important to business people who spend a lot of their time on the road.

Overall. A good hotel. Good staff...well trained and efficient.

• Stayed August 2012
DerrickTan, General Manager at St Giles Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am glad to know that you have had a pleasant stay with us apart from a setback in the lack of equipments in the gym. We are looking at how we can place in another equipment or two in addition to the ones we have now.

Thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Derrick Tan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Have stayed here several times now as it is very convenient for me when I visit Manila
the reception staff are wonderful and helpful, Bellboy, doorman and other staff hanging around at the lobby greet me all the time, I can not say enough of their service and attentive natures.
The room wasn’t too big but enough for 2 people, beds are comfortable I always asked the room above 20th floor to avoid the street noise.

Room Tip: Don't get the room near at the elevator it can be noisy sometimes from people coming in and out.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your continued patronage and for taking time to write about your stay experiences with us. If you would like a bigger room and be away from the noise coming from the traffic you may wish to opt for a Deluxe room for your future stays.

I look forward to welcoming you back to St Giles Hotel Makati.

Best regards,
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I attended a conference and we stayed here overnight. It was great because the staff were very helpful and food was palatable. But stay in a non-smoking area if you are not a smoker because at first, i was assigned in a smoking floor and when i stayed in the room for only 10 minutes, i coughed real hard! Stay in a non smoking floor if you're not a smoker because there were visitors who lacked the discipline and smoke even in a closed air-conditioned rooms! Hotel personnel should be reminded their guest of this. Otherwise, i really had a great stay!

Room Tip: nice location for those who want to have an experience of the nightlife of makati...:)))
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
DerrickTan, General Manager at St Giles Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write about your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you by the smell of smoke in the room you were accommodated when you checked in. I have raised this matter up to our Executive Housekeeper who will be looking at having our punch out windows opened during cleanings to air the room. If you have plans to stay with us in future, please allow me to know and I will have you accommodated in our non-smoking room.

Once again we thank you and look forward to another opportunity to serve you better.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The hotel itself wasn't too bad apart from from a leaky shower which flooded the bathroom floor. The room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was good although the restaurant a bit on the small side. My main problem with the hotel is the constant harassing outside in the late afternoon, evening and night by women offering very dubious services veiled as massages. If staying with children it may feel a bit awkward. That said, it is quite convenient for main shopping areas of Makati and is reasonably priced. Waiting staff in the restaurant were very courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: Being on the corner of a major intersection views are not going to be spectacular but higher floors...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DerrickTan, General Manager at St Giles Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write and allow us to know of your experiences staying with us. I sincerely apologise for the leak in the bathroom shower. Since we are not aware of the room you stayed in, we had our room attendants check the showers in the rooms on every floor when they are servicing the rooms.

As for the touts that you have encountered at the nearby streets, we have informed the authorities. Our security team ensures that these touts does not ply their trade on our premise.

Once again we thank you for your time and we look forward to another opportunity to serve you better.

Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I've been several times to this hotel. During the last two times I experienced what unfortunately is common in the Philippines: new hotels have a good start, and then they start to worsen in terms of maintenance and organization. Rooms: if you book a De Luxe room, it has the same features as a Superior room, just a little bit larger, but no extra features, no sofa, same size bathroom, same size desk, it's not really worth to pay more for same accommodation. Wifi internet is very weak, and it doesn't reach some of the rooms, and even with cable it's a trouble, because sometimes it stops working and you can call a hundred times the assistance, and they promise to send somebody in 5 minutes, but they never come, even if you get terribly upset. Breakfast buffet is changing every day, but without respecting a standard: bakery items some days are totally absent, and there's only toast bread. Another thing really very bad is the elevators: there are 4 elevators, always crowded with a very long waiting time. During traffic hours, you need to wait even 15 minutes to get to the ground, with the elevators stopping at every single floor even when full. For sure there's something wrong in the programming, and the management is not taking care to identify and solve the problem. If you are on a business trip, you risk to miss your appointments.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DerrickTan, General Manager at St Giles Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay and have raised your concerns of internet with my IT Executive as well as breakfast with our Sous Chef.

I hope these incidents will not hinder you from staying with us in the near future. I would appreciate if you could allow me to know of your future stay with us in order for me to accommodate you in a room with better WiFi connection.

Once again we thank you for your time and look forward to another opportunity to serve you better.

Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is not too far away from the Greenbelt. It is very close to the Burgos area which is a red light district which may not make it very suitable for families with children.

The hotel service is great allowing for a smooth check in.

The hotel rooms are quite small but clean and safe. There is a safe for your valuables. The breakfast buffet is great and offers both western and Asian choices.

The hotel stored my luggage for 5 days as I went to El Nido for some R&R. This was much appreciated.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this review. I am happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to St Giles Makati..

Kind regards,
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

St Giles hotel is centrally located, only a kilometer or so from the Greenbelt shopping area, plenty of restaraunts in the area, the red light district if you're interested, and some shopping. The room I had was not large, but for one person was more than fine. I would say any more than two people would have been cramped, but there may be bigger rooms. There's a fridge in the room, along with a safe. There's also a desk with outlets near if you want to work on your computer. When you check in, make sure you ask for a room with a view. My room had a "view" but was mostly blocked because of the corner of the building I was in.

There is a buffet breakfast every morning that was pretty good. There was a nice sampling of Asian and American food including a station making omelets and a fresh fruit stand. The employees always greeted me with smiles and welcomes and it was a good way to start the day. Everyone in the hotel was pleasant and accommodating, but the breakfast staff really stood out.

I was working in Global City which isn't very far, but with the traffic, could be a daunting taxi ride sometimes. I learned to leave the hotel early in the morning, say no later than 7:30 to avoid the worst of the traffic. Coming back to the hotel at night could take as much as 30 minutes although it's only 3 kilometers. One morning I left the hotel at 8:30 and it was almost impossible to find a cab. To complicate things, there's plenty of hotel and tourist vehicles coming in and out of the taxi area so it gets congested. But this is Manila, traffic is always a challenge!

I did have the air conditioning leaking from the ceiling one evening. I called the front desk and reported it, and they offered to move me to a different room immediately. I said that wasn't necessary, just wanted to let them know and they fixed it the next day while I was at work.

All in all, decent location, good staff, I will stay again at the St. Giles.

Room Tip: Be very specific when asking for a room with a view, make sure it's unobstructed!
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your stay experience at St Giles Makati. We are delighted to know that you are happy with our services and amenities. As for travelling during peak hours, I believe most cities share the same predicament as Manila where travelling from one place to another is expected to take up a little more time as opposed to travelling during off peak hours.

Thank you once again for your time and we look forward to another opportunity to serve you better.

Best regards,
Derrick Tan

Been to St Giles Hotel? Share your experiences!