“Great service, affordable rates” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St Giles Hotel

You added St Giles Hotel to your Saves list
St Giles Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Makati Ave. corner Kalayaan Ave, Makati, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #24 of 67 Hotels in Makati
“Great service, affordable rates”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed here several times. The staff were always very friendly, the rooms were always clean, and room service was good. I'd recommend this if you're after a good hotel in Makati. The only downside was the breakfast, it wasn't that great.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
DerrickTan, General Manager at St Giles Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write about your recent stay with us. I am delighted to know that you have been staying with us several times and I appreciate kind comments on our friendly staff, clean rooms and good room service. We have and will continue to make changes to our breakfast.

I would appreciate if you could allow me to know when you will be back next as I would like to take the opportunity to meet you up and welcome you back.

Derrick Tan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I often travel through Manila and was keen to try this hotel which was attractively priced and ideally located. And the reviews seemed promising. I was not disappointed.during my four nights stay, although my experience of this hotel was not all positive.

The hotel is very clean and well presented,and the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. However check in was painfully slow, despite having pre-booked and pre-paid the room and arriving late in the afternoon. A room had to be made up and we were asked to wait for 15 minutes in the lobby. 40 minutes later we were still waiting. Just what you don't need after arriving straight from a gruellng 11 hour flight! Check in counter staff blamed it on an exceptionally busy night before. There was no assistance with moving our bags up to the room.

The room itself was very good, a decent size, clean and functional, though the bathroom was very cramped. Everything worked as it should, hot water was - unusually for a Philippines hotel -instantly available whenever required; the bed was great, and the view was spectacular. However the noise from a nearby kareoke bar was intrusive at night and could only be almost drowned out by turning the airconditioning on high, which made the room very cold after a while.

The restaurant was fine, if a little small for the number of guests, and the staff were very obliging and friendly, as were the housekeeping staff. I liked the outdoor balcony and the top floor pool and gym.

There was one other glitch with this hotel that blunted an otherwise great stay, and that was the inability of its lifts to cope with the number of guests staying at the hotel. It was especially bad on at least one night whilst we were there, and not that great the rest of the time. People were waiting for ages to access the three lifts which seemed totally inadequate to cope with periods of high demand. As our room was near the top of this 35 storey building, the lift system's lack of capacity was a real hassell.

All up, a very nice clean, well-appointed hotel, let down by it's seeming inability to service its own popularity during peak periods.

Room Tip: Lift access is quickerl on a lower floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
DerrickTan, General Manager at St Giles Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for choosing St Giles Hotel Makati for your 4 nights stay recently. I appreciate the comments you have about the hotel being attractively priced, ideally located, clean, well presented with extremely friendly and helpful staff. These comments motivated us. However, I am concerned of the other comments you had and I apologise for the inconvenience you experienced with the slow check in, noise coming in the balcony and lift operation. I have addressed them with my relevant department heads.

As for noise coming from the nearby entertainment outlets, this is only evident with the few rooms we have with balconies. On your next stay with us, we will ensure you have a room that has no balcony.

As for our lifts, admittedly, one of our four lifts have been placed out of service due to a component in the motor that requires changing. The engineers from the manufacturers are on site and they are working on rectifying the problem.

Once again we thank you for your time and looking forward to another opportunity to serve you better.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I've been passing by Makati Avenue every single day when i'm on my way to work and i always see this hotel. Finally got a chance to book last Sept. 3,2012 and I got so impressed so here are the good things i want to share that will help you decide to stay at St.Giles

1. You can book in their website http://www.stgilesmanila.com/ and get a great deal + 15% discount per day if staying for minimum of 3days. Has to pay the full amount of the room rate so so keep that in mind.

2. Room has modern design,very clean and comfortable to stay.Superior room is kinda small though but i don't mind.

3.Hotel staffs are very friendly and accommodating.You will actually get tired of nodding & smiling to each one of them :D but in a positive way. They are always alert to help you out especially in Bayleaf restaurant.

4.Buffet Lunch is awesome!!! Bayleaf restaurant offers variety of foods during buffet on a very reasonable price.at night,you can booze while listening to live bands,they also offer low prices on drinks

5.Nice to relax by the pool area on 35th floor especially during the evening. You can see how beautiful Makati city

I'm sure this isn't going to be the last time I will stay in St. Giles. Enjoyed our stay here a lot! Kudos to St. Giles Makati for bringing such a good hotel experience to each of your guests, I will recommend this to my friends and thinking of write a blog review about your hotel

Room Tip: Superior rooms are kinda small so try to get Deluxe if you want a bigger space
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DerrickTan, General Manager at St Giles Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you very much for the compliments. I am happy to know that you had a totally fulfilling experience at St Giles Hotel Makati. I look forward to welcoming you back in person on your next stay. Please do allow me to know when that will be. My email address is gm@StGilesManila.com.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This stay is just for overnight, a one night bonding with my girlfriends. We were actually choosing between Berjaya and St. Giles. I am glad we chose the latter. When we arrived, the hotel staff went to assist us with our bags and checking in was just a breeze. It was our first time and so far all was good. John, was so quick with the check-in procedure. He informed us with the wifi and gave us our keycard. We were glad to see that you have to tap your keycard in the elevator before you can go to your floor. Nice additional security aside from their security staff outside, lobby and parking. Speaking of parking, the hotel have a spot for your car. It's a lil tough going to the basement, i suggest guest should be very careful but it was good that there was a hotel staff to guide us. It was very evident that some vehicles had trouble going to the basement parking because of the damage paints and walls. If they just made it a lil wider it won't be that hard but were glad that we got assistance from the hotel staff. We are very thankful to that staff aside from helping us he also gave us a spot on basement two and just change from basement four which was originally assigned spot for us.
We had food delivered for us at 11pm and thr front desk was very helpful and gave us menu of a dimsum place. They call our room once it arrives.
Our room was small but it's ok for us. It has all what we need aside from the nice view of Makati.
Overall, we had a great time! I highly reccomend St. Giles Hotel and I can say that you're paying less and getting a service similar or should I say greater than of a five star hotel in Makati :)

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
DerrickTan, General Manager at St Giles Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing St Giles Hotel for your one night girl-bonding. I appreciate your praises on John and the security system we have. We do pay a lot of attention on the security of our guests.

My team and I feel motivated knowing from you that we are comparable to a five star hotel.

Hoping you’ll stay longer next time and perhaps an opportunity to thank you in person.

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

The staff was great with helping us get settled in and even though we arrived hours early they allowed us to keep our stuff at the hotel while we walked around until they had our room ready. They were also great when we were ready to head back to airport, they called us a taxi that was a flat rate so we didn't have to worry about a huge taxi price tag. And also, I just found out that the accommodating staff joveth is no longer connected to them. just feel sad because the last time I stayed their, she provide me and my wife an excellent service. i hope to see her again in other hotel. overall good hotel

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for always choosing us as the preferred hotel whenever you visit Manila. I am happy to note that your stay has always been pleasant. We are still in contact with Jobeth and we will inform her of what you have said about her. I look forward to welcoming you back in person and would appreciate if you could allow me to know of your next visit.

Kind regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

After a long flight to Manila I checked in to St.Giles and everything was up to standard from the friendly and helpful staff to the quick check in.I got a room on the 28th floor which had a very nice view of makati and my room was clean,modern and had a good vibe to it.The hotel staff was very nice and helpful as when ever I needed a taxi they would help me stop one and write down all the details of the cab for safety reasons.The bathroom was quite small but clean and the room was simple,cozy and clean.Over all a very nice hotel with a reasonable price very satisfied if I do comeback to manila St.Giles would be a good choice to stay in keep up the good work and once again amazing staff.

Room Tip: pick the higher floor rooms as it has a better view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the compliments. My team and I are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay here. We hope you will visit us again soon and till such time, we wish you well.

Warm regards,
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Have stayed at St Giles many many times, on Makati Avenue its probably the best there is for value comfort and friendliness, i know all the security men by names and they know mine, Javi is a good man always gets me a taxi, Janille in the breakfast/restaurant is probably the best customer service waitress i have ever met, me and my friend were well looked after by Janille, and chai, the manager in the black suit who works at the restaurant is also very friendly, cant remember his name, never ever have had a problem in this great hotel, stay in a corner room they are bigger, the reception staff sre all nice and friendly, in the Philippines you will be treated as you treat people, the Filipinos are very hospitable, i have stayed at most the 5 star hotels in Manila cebu boracay palawan, but just used it as a hotel, but at st Giles i went there as a stranger and left as a friend, i will return one day i hope, i never had a problem with the lifts, as soon as the security man saw me entering the building he would run and press the lift for me. what more can you ask for. If you want to enjoy Manila choose this Hotel its safe and they have tight security, the guards always write the taxi reg number for your safety so they know where your going.

Thanks Janille, and the full team at St Giles, never forget you.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the compliments and that St Giles Hotel is the best in value, comfort and friendliness. Our associates are happy that they made your stay a totally fulfilling one. I hope I can meet you again in future and would appreciate if you could allow me to know when you will be staying with us next.

Derrick Tan

Been to St Giles Hotel? Share your experiences!