My 4 year old son and I are staying in this hotel for the 2nd night now. We will be checking out tomorrow. Date today is August 8, 2013.
The good stuff:
1) Very professional, sincerely helpful and courteous customer service personnel from reception to kitchen.
2) Very nice hot and cold shower. Takes just a few seconds for water to get warm and easy to adjust between warm and cold water. Water pressure is excellent!
3) Great location for our purpose in coming to Manila. Just a few minute drive to the Department of Foreign Affairs and to Makati area where the Dutch embassy is located. Just a walking distance away from a shopping mall (can't remember the name).
The "not-so-good" stuff:
1) No free internet connection inside the room. This is the biggest disappointment for me because I work online and conduct business virtually. Need to pay P200 per 24 hours and you gotta pay for 24 hours even if you don't use it for 24 hours. Unless you are holed up in your hotel room for the whole 24 hours then to me this is reasonable. The thing is when you are in a hotel you are most of the time outside and in my case back only late in the afternoon.
I still paid P200 for yesterday's internet usage. Then this evening, I asked if I can pay only for 12 hours instead of 24 hours since I will be checking out anyway tomorrow at 12:00 noon. Not at all possible... which I find just ridiculous. I could have used my prepaid broadband connection but for some reason it does not work inside my room. I still have enough load for it. Checked it just now and my unlimited data connection for it is still up to August 11. Signal is also very strong at 5 bars. I am therefore forced by the circumstances and the hotel's policy to pay for a 24 hour internet usage for a lot less than 24 hours of use.
They have free wifi in the lobby but I travel along with my little boy whom I cannot leave behind the room all by himself while he sleeps.
2) Kitchen service needs a bit of improvement. Ordered for corned beef omelet this morning and was served with, yes, corned beef omelet but with lots of ketchup toppings. I would have preferred to be asked first whether I like it topped with something. Unfortunately, I am not so keen on ketchup on top of an omelet. the menu didn't say anything about ketchup. :-(
3) This evening, I ordered shrimp sinigang for dinner. After 20 minutes or so, I was told that food is ready and that I should prepare the payment. Moments later I was called again by the kitchen staff only to tell me that the shrimp is not good anymore and asked if I would like to change my order. I did of course but I just find it weird that they knew about the shrimp not being good only when they were about to serve it. My starving son had to wait for another 20 minutes to be served with a different dish this time.
Overall, the greatest "plus" for this hotel is their location and the exceptionally customer friendly staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy reasonably priced accommodations for budget conscious travelers who don't want to bust their wallets for a decent hot shower, a clean comfy bed in a sound proofed air conditioned room without windows to completely shut out city noise! Free Internet in the lobby coffee shop but wired Internet in rooms with small charge.You will get what you,pay for and as long as your expectations match the price paid, you'll be satisfied with the accommodations. Thousands have stayed with us and if we get 10 complaints out of a thousand, this can't be too bad, can it? Give us a try and if you find the reviews incorrect, please let us know!!Cheers! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HostelBookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Franchise One Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franchise 1 Hotel
- Franchise One Hotel Makati, Metro Manila