I stayed in a Queen Bed room last week for 2 nights. Overall my stay was ok. However, even as their rates may seem good, the place may still seem over-priced to many travelers, as frankly though, most hotels in Manila are.
* Well, no question, the shower. Plenty of hot water, excellent water pressure! Btw, this is by no means a given in Manila at all. The bathroom itself is ok, very small, basic, no frills. Extra lighting would not hurt.
* Great AC, cooled the room in a few minutes.
* Bed mattress was ok. Strange thing though, the cleaning staff do not make the bed with the top sheet, they just leave the top sheet folded on the bed!
* Furniture ok but aging. Small table with two chairs.
* LCD tv on the wall.
* Pleasant staff, from the receptionists to the security.
* Location: it is about 400 meters from Paseo de Roxas and the start of Greenbelt. Definitely walkable. About 2-min walk from Makati Square with a 24-hr McDonalds and a KFC. The immediate area though is dark and lifeless at night. Easy access from the Skyway and the airport.
* No free internet in the room. 170 Php for LAN in the room per day I believe, but free wifi in the lobby/restaurant (with a password).
* Small closet, the bottom half of which was taken by the small fridge. Cannot hang clothes properly.
* I was awakened one morning by what sounded like a jackhammer inside the building! Turned out they were drilling a huge hole in the wall at the restaurant downstairs for a fridge.
* Windows cannot be opened.
* There is still a construction site directly opposite the hotel. They were not working when I was there, so it was not a problem. But double-check before you book.
* You will have to sign a no-smoking paper and a detailed lost items "contract" upon checking in. For every violation there is a corresponding steep charge. That is more appropriate for a dormitory, and I have never seen something similar in 20 years of travel. My first thought was that a dormitory/hostel doesn't cost $45-$50 a night.
- Also Known As:
- Franchise 1 Hotel
- Franchise One Hotel Makati, Metro Manila
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy reasonably priced accommodations for budget conscious travelers who don't want to bust their wallets for a decent hot shower, a clean comfy bed in a sound proofed air conditioned room without windows to completely shut out city noise! Free Internet in the lobby coffee shop but wired Internet in rooms with small charge.You will get what you,pay for and as long as your expectations match the price paid, you'll be satisfied with the accommodations. Thousands have stayed with us and if we get 10 complaints out of a thousand, this can't be too bad, can it? Give us a try and if you find the reviews incorrect, please let us know!!Cheers! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HostelBookers, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Franchise One Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.