“Quite pricey for a place in Manila” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Joya Lofts & Towers

You added Joya Lofts & Towers to your Saves list
Joya Lofts & Towers
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   28 Plaza Dr | Rockwell Center, Makati, Luzon 1200, Philippines   |
Ranked #12 of 38 Specialty Lodging in Makati
Toronto, Canada
“Quite pricey for a place in Manila”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed in Joya for a few days in March. I originally planned to stay longer – about more than two weeks, – but after five days, I thought it was best to leave. I felt I was living in a bubble, because it was a swanky condotel in the middle of cramped Manila. I had a 30th-floor view of the city, which basically was the massive urban sprawl of the capital – i.e., not a pretty picture. The rooms were nice, but its veneer reeked of years of over-usage. Sleeping under the covers made me think of the millions of other guests (and probably their anonymous partners???) who came before me.

This was not a bad place, though. My rating reflects Joya’s price-worthiness, based on my experiences in other places where I had stayed each year I visit my home country. Joya was quite pricey on a per-night-basis. I stayed at Ascot in Ayala Centre the year before, and, I believe I should’ve stayed there again this year.

The personnel were exceptional. They were efficient, polite, and approachable. The chamber cleaners and security personnel deserve a special shout for excellent service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed here at the beginning of April 2013 for a couple of nights as part of a large party of guests. We all enjoyed our stay at Joya lofts. I was in a suite which slept 4 people and the size, cleanliness and facilities were excellent. We were on the 18th floor and had wonderful panoramic views of the city.The main pool is of a good size, but doesn't catch much sun. There is a smaller quieter pool which enjoys sun in the morning which was very relaxing.

The reception and security staff were very welcoming and friendly and we all found them to be extremely helpful throughout our stay.

Joya is in a very quiet location in Rockwell, opposite the power plant mall which contains a number of upmarket shops, cafes and coffee houses. There are also a number of decent restaurants nearby. Recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised once we checked in. Reception/check-in was courteous and prompt. Our single deluxe room on the 17th floor was snug but looked bigger due to the big windows and smart design solutions. The bedroom area was handsomely designed in soothing earth tones; the bathroom was clean and spacious; the kitchenette was fully equipped with pots and pans, glasses, flatware and cutlery, the refrigerator, stove and microwave were always spotless.

The hotel itself is in an oasis of tranquility called Rockwell, insulated from the usual hubbub of Manila. It's right across from the Power Plant Mall with its upscale shops, movies, supermarket and restaurants. The hotel feels almost joined at the hip with the Mall. Transportation is readily accessible, with a taxi stand across from the hotel. Security at the hotel is very good and polite, with no one allowed into the elevators without a room key. And that's one of the only two quibbles I have about Joya: They only provide one key per room, and the lighting level in the room at night is too low, which can be easily addressed.

The hotel has reasonable rates, which hopefully will not rise so that we can come back again for another pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for a good view; The corner studios are slightly bigger.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I had an excellent stay at Joya lofts. I was in a party of 14, we had three double executive rooms and a single room. Everyone in my party was extremely happy with the size, cleanliness and facilities of the rooms. The pool is good, I didn't get a chance to go to the gym.Also a special mention to the staff, no problem was too small for them and they were extremely helpful.

Joya is in a very convenient location in Rockwell, opposite the power plant mall and a short taxi ride from green belt etc. This was my second stay at Joya and I'm just as happy with them as the first time. If you need somewhere to stay in makati then I recommend joya lofts

• Stayed March 2013
Monica P, General Manager at Joya Lofts & Towers, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Boovy,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay again in Joya and for the four rooms that you booked. We are glad that your experience was as good as your first visit.

We very much appreciate your compliments of our serviced residences.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Monica R. Punzalan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Overall nice property. It is across the street from a higher end Mall (has global brands like Starbucks, Victoria Secret, Top Shop and the like) with a movie thearte even. Clean property and suites - very nice staff. Only downside is that they only provide one elevator key - this is a big hassle....try to sort out prior to getting there if possible, as it takes days for them to work on it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear OneRoadRunner,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us.

We are glad to know that you like our property and pleased with the service of our staff.

We shall do our best to provide you on your next visit and our other guests extra elevator access keys to ensure a hassle-free stay.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Monica R. Punzalan
Bacolod, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at Joya for 3 days & 2 nights with our 3 kids aged 15, 5 and 2. Front desk personnel were very polite and accomodating. They even surprised us with a free upgrade fron Deluxe to their Premier 2BR Serviced Apartment. The moment we opened the door the kids were in awe and gleefully ran inside the very spacious 119 sqm area with 2BR, 3 baths, fully equipped kitchen, laundry room with washer & dryer. There are 2 TV's: 1 in the Master's bedroom and 1 in the lounge/sala near the dining area. Pool at the 7th floor is also very clean and safe for kids to frolic around. Just cross the street and you may go to Rustan's to buy food to fill the huge fridge. Shop to your hearts content at high end stores. We're definitely going back! Two thumbs up!!!

Room Tip: The place has no signage and kinda hard to find. Search thru google maps before going there. The 2...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I would highly suggest this exclusive location in Rockwell, across from the Power Plant Mall. Service is great and everything you could ever need is across the street, The neighborhood is well secured and the restaurants around the property are excellent.

Just one item...If you are traveling on business, bring an extension cord. There are not enough power cords to support the modern traveler's devices and the hotel could not supply a power strip.

Room Tip: Bring a power strip so you have enough power plugs
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Joya Lofts & Towers? Share your experiences!