“Excellent staff and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Isabelle Royale Hotel & Suites

You added Isabelle Royale Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Isabelle Royale Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Valdez Street | Barangay Poblacion, Makati, Luzon 1210, Philippines   |
Ranked #42 of 67 Hotels in Makati
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent staff and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

The reason I'm giving this hotel a good review is because of their friendly, dedicated and professional staff (particularly Arane and Rhian at the front desk). They helped me find tickets to my next destination, after I'd only mentioned to them I wanted to go to Banaue in passing conversation! They were exceptional and for the price and location, this is an excellent place to stay if you can handle the fact you're in a budget hotel in Manila, not New York. I will be staying here again on my way back through Manila, definitely.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bacolod, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

i was looking for a cheap hotel because we would not be staying in the room most of the time, it was just for sleeping. Front desk was ok though it is true that when you ask for something, they either ignore you or make you wait a long time. THERE ARE COCKROACHES.
We had them do our laundry and they promised to give it the 8am the next day but evening came and we still didnt have our laundry. They promised again to give it 8am the next day when we were checking-out (so no time to check our laundry). I was pissed but didnt argue because they might mess up our clothes or what. When they returned our clothes, they were still damp. Will never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland Vic Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

I am not in the habit of writing reviews for hotels, however due to my experience here, I find it necessary to share my experience.

Upon booking the room, we were assured that cooking was available. The same was confirmed upon check in. The room, which was booked for booked for 5 people had 2 glasses and no cooking utensils or kettles etc. Several requests for cooking utensils went unanswered. After the poor service on day 1, we deceided to leave (the room was booked for 3 nights). The staff at the counter could not assist us, and a supervisor was required. The Supervisor eventually arrived some 2 hours after our initial request. No introductions, or apologies for being late. Service levels are poor.

After some argument, our request was eventually agreed too, and a refund was provided for the remaining 2 nights.

I will not consider this establishment again in the future and would recommend that anyone who does utilise this hotel, make their important needs known up front. An inspection of the rooms prior to paying money is also recommended to ensure it meets your needs. Whilst I am aware I am very dissatisfied with this hotel for various reasons, I am sure it will suit some travellers just fine - just make your needs known up front.

Room Tip: Inspect rooms before paying money
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Quezon City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

The place is difficult to find, being in a secluded part of the innards of Makati, which makes you worry about your security. We booked this hotel for 3 nights because we got a discounted rate from a group buying site. It was advertised to cost PhP 2460 but when we arrived at the reception, the room was actually just for PhP 1850. I really don't mind paying for the security deposit as it is a regular requirement in some hotels. The room given to us was at the 11th floor but the elevator reached only until the 10th floor so we had to walk the stairs to the 11th floor. When we entered the "room," we had to climb another flight of stairs on a VERY narrow stairway.

Hotel staff was made up mostly of students who were doing their On-the-Job training so they barely have any experience dealing with customer requests. Don't expect any quality service. When you call to request for something, expect to wait.

Bottomline is: any good review written for this hotel must have been made by the owner or his family or anybody who has an investment in this place.

Go to it if you dare, just don't expect to have a pleasant time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

The location it's hard to find. Reception Staff Poor Quality Service. The reception area is not well maintaine their's a lot of thing there look gross to me. I alway call the reception staff to give me a towel. They always say yes but no one will delivered it to you.. You will take 3 to 5 times call to them before they give you what u want. Poor quality service. I don't like this hotel and I will never come back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

we arrived in country late and so we needed a quick hotel until we checked into our booked hotel the next day. This hotel has a nice setup and is cheap but it's full of roaches. I couldn't even sleep comfortable. They brought the breakfast to my room and I was scared to eat it because of all the roaches in the hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for a night. The hotel is terrible. I found it crezy , the staff was not well groomed. They took one hour to locate the reservation. They asked for 1000 PHP deposit and stragely gave a list of items in room which I was not aware of to sign. The room and bed was too small. The Airconditioner was not well maintained. It was making horrible sound.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Isabelle Royale Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!