“the place is calm:)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Herald Suites Solana

Save Saved
You added Herald Suites Solana to your Saves list
Herald Suites Solana
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2914 Finlandia corner Einstein Street, San Isidro, Makati, Luzon 1234, Philippines   |
Ranked #21 of 65 Hotels in Makati
Angeles City, Philippines
“the place is calm:)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

before my fiance came down in the philippines, he let me find a place where are we going to stay. I tried to search on the internet how many times but Herald Suite solana really catched my eyes.. I checked the pictures and the place looks so cozy and calm.. we stayed in this hotel for 3 days and 2 nights. i agree that their service is really excellent. staffs are VERY accomodating.. Regards to Kuya Boy:) the driver who accompanied me in the airport.. I felt really comfortable staying in this place because the staff are really nice. the room was good. cozy, like how i really like it. and actually seeing the place in person is more better than the pictures posted;) we tried the pool on the 2nd night, it was like a private pool because me and my fiance are just there.. it looks really romantic + the tower.. <3 they have their own sauna and gym also.. if you want privacy and your looking for a place where u can relax, i suggest this place.. thank u Herald and i will love to visit again :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Manning, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was in manila to visit my girlfriend and I needed a hotel for us to stay in and she told me to try Herald Suites Solana and was looking at the reveiws and I was not sure on doing it because some reviews was bad and good but we say let's go for it. It was very close to the airport so it was not long before I can get to my plane on time. I request a room on the 5th floor and they give it to me. The room was very beautiful and clean plus the bathroom was great and clean. I didn't not see no bugs like the other reveiws be saying and we didn't not hear all the noise that other people are saying in the other reveiws. The pool was beautiful and fun. The spa was great and the veiw on top of the building was awesome! The people that work there was so nice and do their job great and help us with everything we need with fast service. The food was excellent! My advice is go for this hotel and don't listen to some of this negative reveiws they was just very crazy people lol. I proposed to my girlfriend in the hotel and she said yes so now she is my fiance!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Herald Suites Solana for the lovely memories and great service and I we will come back again. Customer W. Lewis jr. and P. Dizon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Makati, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This would be one of the worst hotels I've ever had the misfortune to stay at, anywhere. In my lifetime, (I'm in my mid 50's). I have stayed in literally hundreds of different hotels.

I'll start on a positive note: the room I was allocated - room 401 (yes on the fourth floor of 8 floors), was huge, divided into 2 separate rooms, with a living / dining room and a little bench for making tea / coffee and refreshments, with all the facilities provided. There is also a television in both rooms and a good sized 5 piece dinning suite, a coffee table and lots of drawers and cupboards - storage space; with a bigger than average refrigerator next to the tea / coffee area. The bathroom which is accessed from the huge bedroom is also excellent - spacious with plenty of hot water, although it does take a while sometimes for the hot water to arrive (just run it for a few minutes before running a shower)...
One of the first annoying things about this hotel is its location: OK it's in Makati City, but more off the main thoroughfare in a neighborhood populated by mainly under-privileged people, so it can be rather noisy, especially when they play basketball on the road right below room 401 / 402 (and 201/202, 301/302, 501/... etc.), which they often do, even until quite late into the night. If they are not playing basketball, they also enjoy rowdy drinking sessions as well.
Being off the main-drag of Makati City, it's also unheard of to most taxi drivers, so make sure you are capable of giving the taxi driver directions as you travel back to the hotel, but occasionally you may be lucky to pick a driver that knows where it is - the main problem is that the street it's in: Finlandia Street, is a one-way road, so he has to approach from the correct end of the street...

The hotel staff are excellent, they are always cheerful, friendly and can't do enough for you, always open doors including the elevator and your room and always flag a taxi down before you're even waiting on the steps.
They're just great! If it wasn't for the most disappointing 'feature' of this place, which I will now describe, I would have said it's one of the best places I've stayed, just on the friendliness of it's hotel staff - ALL of them!

This is the 'feature' that reduces the hotel's star rating to zero (or below) as far as I'm concerned:
There is no privacy between this room (402) and the room next door (401), because the rooms are not truly TWO SEPARATE rooms!
I can't say for sure that the same pair of rooms on the other levels are the same, but I would dare say they are...
If there is a guest in the room next door, just keep your voice down, because they will be able to easily hear every word you are saying, as I discovered, to my embarrassment...
You will know that there is a guest staying in the room next door - you'll hear them, even if they are trying not to make a noise!
The reason, is that the wall between the two rooms is not a complete wall: it is a typical solid concrete and thick wall as found in any other hotel, the only problem is the wall ends INside BOTH the rooms!
The windows are COMMON to both rooms and do not have their frames affixed to the wall (the wall between the 2 rooms), but instead, the same pane of glass covers the window frame shared by the two rooms, where there is at least a 2 inch (50mm) GAP between the END of the wall that separates the two rooms and the COMMON pane of glass that covers the window frame!
So if you look along, you can actually see the curtains in the room next door over their side of the same window! You could probably even shake hands with the next-door neighbour through the gap!

I tried stuffing my curtain into the 2 inch gap in an effort to muffle the sound, but it only had a marginal effect. I could still clearly hear their TV and what they were saying, whenever they had a conversation! (They couldn't hear us, because we were aware of the problem, so spoke almost in whispers if the guests next door were in their room).

When I pay around $100.00 per day for a hotel ANYWHERE, I had taken for granted (until now) that my privacy and that of fellow hotel guests would be practically guaranteed.
This arrangement would only be acceptable to a party of guests that shared the two rooms - i.e. a party of 8 people (all friends or relatives) on a conference or a wedding party, or similar. To anyone else: it is totally UNACCEPTABLE and I stated that on their guest review form too.
They should either fix the windows so that they are separated and the wall TOTALLY and entirely separates the two rooms, or put a door between the two rooms, effectively making ONE even bigger suite out of the two.

Room Tip: I cannot comment about the other rooms as far as how truly separated they are from each other, but i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Good: The hotel staff are very service oriented. They are accommodating and would answer questions even before you had the chance to ask. The rooms are spacious. Air-conditioning works pretty well. Cafe Mondo food was okay. Pool was clean.

The Bad: Elevator was slow. Guests can smoke anywhere (I am a smoker but I recognize that there are places where it is not proper to smoke and we have to respect non smokers). Very few choices in the menu. Minibar items are quite expensive (4x the real value). Location is not good, and if you're not from the Philippines you will not feel safe (I felt safe since I frequent that neighborhood way back).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Herald Suites are situated in the surrounding of Makati city. 10 min by taxi to Makati business district. My reception was very friendly. The staff is helpful, restaurant very good. My room was a standard room, very well equipped and very clean. The pool is good. I had a relax massage at the hotel - excellent!
Very good value!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012 via mobile

I was sitting in the lobby and watched 3 bellman run to help a guest with there luggage...not walk but RUN. They never stopped smiling. The room was nice and housekeeping kept it spotless. I will be staying here my next trip.

Stayed April 2012
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Fantastic room, very large. Staff fantastic. Breakfast included and excellent.
A little noisy from the street and barking dog. Double glazing would fix this. We would go here again

Room Tip: Choose a junior suite. Great price and is huge.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Herald Suites Solana? Share your experiences!