“Worth a visit.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Sydney
“Worth a visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Malaysian style food served on a banana leaf is the theme. The dishes are tasty and the décor and service are good. This place is a safe bet.

Visited December 2012

Canada
“Terrible service but food was not bad.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was here with my 2 year old for dinner and have to say that the service was terrible. The place was a short walk from the Shangri-La so I thought I take my son there for dinner.
They were pretty busy inside so I asked to be seated outside as there was no one there. I order my food from a waitress that obviously didn't like her job. This is the second restaurant in two days at Greenbelt where the service was terrible.

I could have lived with that as I've been to France and experience worst there before. The one thing that upset me more was as people started to sit around me they started smoking. I asked one of the hostess if this was a smoking
area and she saids "yes sir", turns around and walks away. I may have accepted this if I was by myself but I had my 2 year old with me. I quickly finished my meal asked for the bill which I was so anxious to leave that I left additional tips on top of the service charge bc I didn't want to wait for the change. I told the waiter that I was not very happy with the fact that the hostess didn't tell me that this was a smoking area when it was obvious I had a toddler with me. Maybe in Asia they don't care about this sort of stuff but I expected more from the Greenbelt who I'm sure get a lot of foreign visitors. My eyes are still burning from the cigarette smoke as I'm writing this. I'm here for another week and will not be eating at any told the Greenbelt restaurants anymore.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Italy
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was looking forward to eating at this restaurant as it had been recommended to us by friends but was totally disappointed with the food. We started with Samosas which were very dry and hard then I had the beef randang which was inedible, very dry beef in coconut, I've had this dish so many times in Malysia and is one of my favourites but this was nothing like what I've had before. My husband had the prawns in chilli and coconut sauce which were quite tasteless and smothered in onions. We left all of the beef and most of the prawns and the waitress didn't even ask us hy she just cleared it away without a word. We may have been unlucky with our choices but I won't return here the next time we're in Manila.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Makati, Philippines
“Fried rice and noodles are mostly too oily...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Been here more than twice coz of company dinner and some informal meetings..

*Pros:
- Nice ambiance they have in the restaurant
- The waitress are well dressed with a unique Asian touch in their dresses
- Food tastes good
- Affordable price for Asian Cuisines in Greenbelt area

*Cons:
- Their fried dishes served too oily, well...most of the times
- Their staff are not so accommodating to the customers, maybe because they have many customers they need to assist
- They need to have a better exhaust system coz the food smell stays at our clothes after going out from the restaurant

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Makati, Philippines
“amazing flavor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Whenever im in this place i always forget im on a diet. I cant help but devour everything thats in front of me. Cant say you can blame me coz you will surely be coming back after you've tried Banana Leaf. Curry, Spring rolls, Deep fried pandan chicken and laksa simply amazing. Cozy atmosphere and very friendly service. Oh did i mention how delicious the food are? One of our favorite thai Restaurant in makati

• Visited November 2012